A second time around!

JimboJones123

Original Poster
If you could get a doubleshot of any ride/attraction/show -- which would it be. For me, we went to MVMCP last year and went on Splash Mountian, and it was dead. We pulled back into the station and asked if we could go again and they said YES! It was totally cool going on the ride again and seeing the details the second time around and catching more of the park at night when outside. Is there any attraction you would jump for joy to hit as a 2Xer? It would be Fantasmic if not for the disjointed Pocahontas part. Another goodie would be Philharmagic .. there is just too much to see in one sitting. (BTW are there any "hidden images" anywhere-- like easter eggs, expecially in the mermaid or carpet scenes?)

PintoColvig

I can definitely tell you that I wouldn't want to ride IASW two times in a row! :hammer: Once is certainly enough!

Other than that one, I wouldn't mind doubling up on most of the immersive dark rides: POTC, Splash, HM, PP, GMR, SSE, Maelstrom, and even El Rio del Tiempo.

mdjbenkert

We were at MK for New Year's Eve 2000-2001 and it was a VERY cold night waiting for the fireworks. To keep warm, we rode IASW 25 times in a row.:hammer:

GoofyMom2

I rode Primevial Whirl with my son 3 times in a row....I would not recommend this! :lol:

My DS then age 4 got to ride Triceratops Spin several times in a row (same time as above). He was in pure kiddie heaven........

I would love to ride Buzz multiple times in a row, I just love that ride........

We rode the Living with the Land twice in a row last trip, just very relaxing and a good way to rest your feet.......

WDWprincess

Soarin twice in a row is amazing. Especially when CMs let you pick exactly where you want to sit the second time around. Center set of gliders, 1st row, center. It's so awesome!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did Splash twice and BTM 3 times on an E Ride night.

Now that was special!

I`d do SSE a few times just to figure out the layout. Would have loved to have done Horizons too to get more video but someone decided to remove it....

Wildman113

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is great at night... I rode it two times in a row on my last visit (courtesy of EMH!!). Also, the effects of Space Mountain are more heightened at night.

kcnole

About 17 years ago my family visited Epcot. I was 11 years old I guess. It started to pour down rain like you wouldn't believe so we all jumped into the line for the Maelstrom at Epcot. Man, that ride is definitely so much scarier when it's raining outside because of the portion where it looks like you're about to go outside. We were sure we were going to get drenched.

We must have rode that ride 10 times in a row waiting for the rain to stop. To this day, that is still my favorite ride at Disney and my favorite pavilion due to those memories.

PintoColvig

mdjbenkert said:
We were at MK for New Year's Eve 2000-2001 and it was a VERY cold night waiting for the fireworks. To keep warm, we rode IASW 25 times in a row.:hammer:
You are probably still hearing that song in your sleep. I once rode a coaster at Six Flags Over Texas called The Flashback 18 times in a row. It has a couple of inversions and a loop that you go through forwards and backwards. Later that night, when I tried to sleep, I had the sensation that I was still riding the ride. Pretty weird!

PintoColvig

Wildman113 said:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is great at night... I rode it two times in a row on my last visit (courtesy of EMH!!). Also, the effects of Space Mountain are more heightened at night.

I agree that BTMRR is great at night (much better than daytime, IMO) but how are the effects of SM heightened at night? It's an indoor coaster.:veryconfu

kcnole

I think he must be thinking of what they were planning on doing at disneyland with space mountaing but never did. Space Mountain is exactly the same at night as it is during the daytime at WDW unless he thinks it's just somehow darker due to less light seeping in from outside?

Wildman113

What I meant was that, yes I know it's a dark ride... and somehow, because of it being night (and for some reason, nighttime makes some things feel 'more exciting') - that's what I was meaning when I said 'more heightened' Plus it's out of the ordinary for Magic Kingdom to be open at 11:30 at night. You really have the run of the park, in some cases. And that's what adds to the excitement.

santonucci

A few of my experiences...

My company rented out the Magic Kingdom afterhours about 4 years ago, and we had about 2000 people in Tomorrowland. Probably only 100 of us even cared about the rides, so my wife stayed with the baby and my son and I rode Buzz Lightyear something like 6 times in a row. At the time he was too short to ride Space Mountain, but I did 2-3 times.

We've also been to Disney in January, and ridden the Kali River Rapids 3-4 times without disembarking. Same trip, we rode Goofy's Barnstormer 6 times in 35 minutes. The first 3 times, we were the only two one either train!

My favorite ride multiple is Rock n Rollercoaster. My son and I have a system for riding it 3 time in 30 minutes (once in the front, once in the back, last time wherever...). On the park open, you make a beeline for it. Usually, you can ride it with no wait. When you finish, you go back around and grab a Fast Pass. Second time around, usually no wait. When you come out for #3, there's a 20 minute line, but you have a Fast Pass! In busy seasons, it might take 45 minutes...

steve

MissM

I love riding TTA more then once. They ususally let you just stay on without having to get off and get back on.

We rode Big Thunder three times in a row but we had to get off and run back through. The queue was absolutely empty though so it just took a minute to get back through it. That was a lot of fun. It's one of my favorite rides and it's always better at night so to ride it back-to-back-to-back was great!
-m

wild01ride

My GF and I rode E:E two times in a row, which is pretty good for "civilians"! :lol:
We didn't just stay on the train twice in a row, but basically, through a convoluded series of events, we ended up getting Fast Passes while waiting in line during DVC preview weekend.
So by the time we got on the first time, our Fast Pass time had arrived. We got off of the ride, walked to the Fast Pass entrance and winded our way through the completely empty Fast Pass queue and walked right back up to the front.

Pretty sweet: two hours waiting for our first ride, thirty seconds for our second! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom