A Sea World Question

kasey1988

Original Poster
We have decided that sea world is the non-disney park we are going to visit. But, my question is how much time does sea world take? If we get there at open, will we be done by supper time? We would like to visit a mall and have dinner outside the parks on this night since we will have a rental car.

KC82271

We did it with a group of 7 of us, with a 2.5 year old and did it from opening which I think was 10 until about 3. We didn't do the water ride turned coaster (can't think of the name of it) but we did Kracken, Shamu, the Walrus show, and all of the walk throughs. It was early November and it was almost empty. We only waited 15-20 minutes for Kracken.

crazydaveh

SeaWorld can be an all day park, depending on when you go. If you go during the off season, you'll be out of the park by 6pm because that's when it closes. If you go during peak times, it does take the entire day to see and do the park, that is, unless you tear through the park and doing that means you can't enjoy it because you're too stressed to enjoy it.

You need to get to the park at opening and plan your day. I'd suggest going to SeaWorld's website ahead of your trip to get the showtimes via the internet and plan ahead. If you do this, you might be able to squeeze everything in. Trying to do it all and go to a mall and eat might cut your Shamu day short!

If you want a decent dinner, eat at Shark's Underwater Grill at SeaWorld. It's a great place to eat and the atmosphere is really cool.

I highly suggest the water ride Journey To Atlantis and the coaster Kraken. All of the shows are quality, but Clyde and Seamore is the best show in the park.

Have fun.

BikerJim

Dave, you forgot to mention the Free Beer at the Hospitality House.
I've been going to SW for 8 years and I haven't seen everthing, yet.:fork:

Rabflmom

Also if you are going to be there during the summer( until Labor Day weekend) you may not want to leave and go elsewhere. Sea world at Night has some good shows you might not want to miss.

Sea Lions Tonight is very funny. They poke fun at all the other shows at SW.

Shamu Rocks is another don't miss just before closing.

I haven't seen the show on the lake yet so not sure what that one is.

Mystify does not compare to Disney when it comes to fireworks so ride the coaster over and over till closing instead. <vbg>

CAPTAIN HOOK

1) It depends on what time of year you're visiting - in summer SW (and everywhere else) gets really busy

2) It also depends how much of SeaWorld you want to see (or are prepared to miss)

3) SeaWorld purposely times its shows so that you can't run from the end of one show across the park to catch the beginning of another

4) Where had you thought of having dinner and which mall were you planning on visiting ??

Disneybird

We went last September and spent about 6 hours. We didn't do everything I would have liked to do, but we still had a very good time. We left a little early because we couldn't wait to go to POFQ and get started on our Disney vacation.

Have a great time.

Rabflmom

Simple answer with out all the jazz. YES you can do Sea World from open to supper time.

Sure can, just like we can go to all 4 parks of Disney from opening to close. We see/ride the things we want to at each park and move on. You enjoy what you do and don't worry if you don't see or do everything on that day.

SW is not a park that we rush through, it is a more relaxing park where you decide how long you really want to spend in many of the exhibits etc. We go at least once a month and still probably haven't don't everything or know everything we would like to about about the park. With animals being the main entertainment the shows are never the same, so you can see the shows over and over and never see the same show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom