A sad Brit!

The Great One

Original Poster
Hey guys, quick question!

I went to WDW in september with my then girlfriedn and loved it so much! it is all I have thought about and NEED to go back (when my money lets me!)

Would I be such a loser if I went on my own? This is the one thing that is putting me off going again!

Thanks

BoyXE

allearsnet.com has a great guide on how to get the most out of going to WDW alone. A lot of people do it, you can too!

tigsmom

A loser? Nope, not in the least. There are many people who visit WDW on their own and really enjoy it. I would love to go on my own (and leave the DH and kids behind) so I could see what I wanted to, ride what I wanted to and eat what I want without having to compromise. :lol:

I believe there have been some threads about this in the past, if you do a search you may find some info to help you. And don't forget to check out allears as mentioned above, they have some great info on planning a trip.

:wave:

ZapperZ

Not only that, if you happen to be going at the same time as we are, you are more than welcome to tag along with us if you like some company. We have enjoyed meeting up with people from here.

Zz.

The Great One

Original Poster
I know the nightlife is fine, I just might feel a bit odd wandering on my own thru' the parks!

I'm thinking about going the same time I did this year, The first week in september. it seemed like I hardly waited in line for anything!

Boray

If you're really uncomfortable going by yourself (which you shouldn't be) ask a friend of yours to come along. Perhaps you can create another "Disney Freak" like the rest of us. You might have more fun just hanging out with a friend. You can take some time apart, and meet up later. Just a suggestion...

metman

from a fellow brit

I 2 love disney and try to go all the time. Normaly 2-3 times a year, but when i can not afford it i book into the alton towers hotel. Its amazing the decor is 100% themed like a trip to Asia in the 18th century with lots of adventures on the way you can get a room from £100 pounds for you and your girlfreind and there indoor pool is as good as typhone lagoon and the temp is very warm in the 80s. Have a look at there web site www.alton-towers.com and then you might not feel so down and still can last untill that next disney fix like me you are so wishing for.

all the best andy

sbkline

Hey guys, quick question!

I went to WDW in september with my then girlfriedn and loved it so much! it is all I have thought about and NEED to go back (when my money lets me!)

Would I be such a loser if I went on my own? This is the one thing that is putting me off going again!

Thanks

I don't think you would be a loser to do so. Myself, I can't imagine going down there all by myself. A good chunk of the fun is having someone there to enjoy it with and as much as I love WDW, I just can't imagine myself enjoying it very much all on my own. It would be so boring and lonesome walking around all day all alone. But that's just me. I'm a person who enjoys the company of others. Everyone is different and there are those who are perfectly content to live the single life, go to movies all alone, do other things alone, etc. I can't imagine how they can be happy, but if that's what makes them happy, then more power to them. So if you think you would enjoy being down there alone, then go for it. Especially since someone in this thread has graciously offered to take you into his party, so that you don't have to walk around all day by yourself. If you really want to go, then maybe you should take him up on his offer and make some new friends. :wave:

RonAnnArbor

We do have other forum topics on doing WDW alone - and lots and lots of postings on those, so be sure to do a search and read.

That being said - I ALWAYS go to WDW by myself. I don't have family anymore, and I love going to WDW for a week or so at least once or twice a year -- it doesn't feel odd to do the parks by yourself at all -- in fact, you will be surprised how many single people are there by themselves! ALmost every bus to and from from the parks from the resorts has at least one single person on the bus, whether they are there by themselves, or they are going to or from one of the parks by themselves while the rest of their family goes to a different location.

You shouldn't let that stop you at all -- you will have an amazing time.

ZapperZ

I'm thinking about going the same time I did this year, The first week in september. it seemed like I hardly waited in line for anything!

We also go to WDW during the first week of Sept. also. It is usually the Labor Day week here.

However, in 2007, we will be going in later in Sept. because I would like to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this time around.

Zz.

dopey

You'll be fine. Just remember to check in with security and let them know you're there all by yourself so they can put an electronic tracer on you. Have fun!

SallyShine

I tagged along with my husband on a business trip. He was very busy so I spent 3 days alone in the parks and 1 day with a friend (a local). I have to say that I enjoyed being with someone else way more than being alone. I'm usually there with my 3 kids and hubby. It's just weird being alone. However, if the choice was going alone or not going at all, I would absolutely go alone.

barnum42

I've made thirteen trips to WDW from the UK - nine of them solo. There are plenty of single travellers, enjoying the flexibility to do what they want when they want at the speed they want. :D

Aurora_25

You wouldn't be a loser. I would love to be able to go on my own, but I think my DH and kids would have issues with it LOL....
As others have said- many people have gone alone and it's ok.

cyberbro

You would not be a loser but I would find a friend to go with.

You would not be a loser but I would find a friend to go with.
I bet if you ask around you will find someone looking to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom