A Quick Question About 'Ohana

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
As you can see from the title of this thread, my fiance and I are going to 'Ohana for the Character Breakfast on our next trip. we've never been there before, and there is something that I need to know.

First off, does 'Ohana have the Mickey shaped waffles? I checked on the menu on Allears (since we don't have that menu yet here) and it didn't mention it, but when I looked at the pictures from the breakfast, the waffles were there. What's up with that?

Oh, and any other advice about 'Ohana will be appreciated! Thanks!

cj2me

We were there in October and they did indeed have the Mickey Waffles. Everything is served family style: scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage fruit dish, cinammon bun and an AWESOME Pineapple danish bread. The Pineapple danish was AMAZING!! We asked for 3rds and 4ths.

tink rules

I just did O'hana for dinner in the beginning of Dec. No bread that I remember, but I had a great dinner there... one of the best I had all vacation!!! I still miss the pineapple, though. I think I need to let them know about that (although our CM put the dish down infront of my mom who started eating ALL of it thinking it was just for her... I had to give her the guilty sad puppy face along with a helping from the CM when he brought the bananas foster sauce to get her to give it up!!!)

dandaman

ajrwdwgirl said:
This thread reminded me of a question..... Did they bring back the bread at dinner for Ohana? I love that bread!

The pineapple bread was there in August, I remember, but based on the above post, I don't know if it's served now.

lawyergirl77

dandaman said:
The pineapple bread was there in August, I remember, but based on the above post, I don't know if it's served now.
Didn't have it on December 16th... Didn't miss it!!! :lol: (Believe me, the bread pudding is all you need now in terms of bread-like products!!)

DisneySam

I highly reccomend Ohana. We went for breakfast in August and it was a lot of fun. The food was great as well [mmmmm....m Mickey Waffles] with a pretty good variety.

dandaman

lawyergirl77 said:
Didn't have it on December 16th... Didn't miss it!!! :lol:

:( I do. That was my favourite food at the Polynesian! (Besides the ice cream cart products, of course ;))

wdwhoneymooner

ajrwdwgirl said:
This thread reminded me of a question..... Did they bring back the bread at dinner for Ohana? I love that bread!

My wife and I are carb lovers (No South Beach at our house) and we always destroy the pineapple bread every time we dine there. In fact, we asked for seconds as soon as the first serving was brought over. Our neighbors just returned from their Holiday vacation and confirmed that the bread is still being served.

Prof Ecks

we have gone to the Ohana character breakfast three times. The first two times was great and the third was disappointing. The kids don't want to do it again when we go again in January. The primary reason was simple....location. The first two times we were seated out in the area with the windows. This area was light, active and you felt and were treated like you were at the center of things. The little parade passes right by you and it was great. Also our CM server the second time was great and we had a very interesting discussion with him about things disney.

The last time we were seated over by the kitchen entrance and exit area where the breads are placed. It was dark, our server kept forgetting us, the parade passes you by and the characters, though they get there, tend to get there last. The food was the same but the experience was completely different.

so, my advice is to make sure you get a table out in the main area which is surrounded by the windows and not in the back, near the kitchen or where you first come in.

George

right now our favorite character breakfasts is the one at the Grand Floridian with Mary Poppins and Alice in wonderland and the princess breakfast at Norway in Epcot. My son and I like all those princesses just as much as my daughter (smile). But hey my favorite character experience was with the Evil stepmother from snow white!!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom