A Question, Mainly For Those From The UK

We usually book through a high street travel agents and everyone will know that their choices of on-site hotels are limited. They usually only have eg, Pop, All Stars, Poly and occasionally GF.
So where do you book the others through, in particular Wilderness Lodge?
Do you book specifically through Disney or is there a travel agents i'm not aware of that books here? I would have thought Disney would charge the top rate on their site and so i'm just wondering if theres anywhere I can get it cheaper, and also maybe with flights added on top.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We usually book through a high street travel agents and everyone will know that their choices of on-site hotels are limited. They usually only have eg, Pop, All Stars, Poly and occasionally GF.
Do you book specifically through Disney or is there a travel agents i'm not aware of that books here? I would have thought Disney would charge the top rate on their site and so i'm just wondering if theres anywhere I can get it cheaper, and also maybe with flights added on top.
Walt Disney Travel Company, they are the best! Great deals such as free dining, 30-45% off resorts and 14 day tickets for the price a 7 day ticket, they also do flight inclusive packages

Upvote 0

Pepe195

We book the same, Hotel, tickets and food through Disney and flights separate, have looked at flight inclusive packages with Disney but we'd rather fly to Sanford airport because it so quick! :D

Upvote 0

markchewie

We are due to stay at Old Key West next month, we shopped round and found Travel City where the cheapest, they are owned by Virgin but cost a lot less. :)

Upvote 0

Stitchaholic84

Original Poster
We've always booked direct with Disney and sourced flights separately - even booked this way when worked for travel agency in UK :)

I have started pricing booking everything separately and in some cases its working out cheaper.
Only thing i'd be worried about is booking the flights but theres no availability at the hotel, or booking the hotel but cant get flights out that day.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I live in the states but I always book through Walt Disney World. I know there are other great services but I like to go right to the source.

Upvote 0

Stitchaholic84

Original Poster
Where and when are you flying from? Scheduled flights are only available 11 months out (ish).

Yeah i know, which is another issue. All the companies seem to change what days they fly out each year.
We'd be flying from glasgow and we havent decided whether it will be september next year or may/sept 2014.
I know you can already book the hotels up to the end of next year.

Upvote 0

SHAUN39

I booked my trip through Walt Disney Travel Company for May 2013 about 2 weeks ago,my last two trips to stay at the Poly have been booked through them.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We check hotel & flight availability, then book the flight, then the hotel. The flight is the most critical bit, the plane holds less than the hotel and you're only booking them minutes apart. This method hasn't failed us yet. Try 'booking' for more people than you actually have travelling as a guideline.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

disney directly has some of the best deals. kingdom konsultants also seem to be a good choice. its up to you :) i am not from the uk but hear that something called virgin airways has some good deals as well

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I also fly from Glasgow and always book with either WDW directly or, as was the case this year because we where itching to snap up the deal on the Beach Club, Virgin Atlantic.

Disney where not releasing overseas deals until the 11 month out mark whereas, I was able to book through Virgin which was no biggie as that is who you fly with anyway. Beach Club for only £600 more than I paid, this year, for POFQ!!! Gimme.

Don't forget that Virgin will also price match.

Upvote 0

Stitchaholic84

Original Poster
I also fly from Glasgow and always book with either WDW directly or, as was the case this year because we where itching to snap up the deal on the Beach Club, Virgin Atlantic.

Disney where not releasing overseas deals until the 11 month out mark whereas, I was able to book through Virgin which was no biggie as that is who you fly with anyway. Beach Club for only £600 more than I paid, this year, for POFQ!!! Gimme.

Don't forget that Virgin will also price match.

I have seen a few people mention that Virgin have good deals but any time i've went on I haven't seen them, I dont know if they're only available on specific dates or if you have to sign up for them.

I've never flown with Virgin, its always been Thomson or Thomas Cook. Because of my boyfriend height we have to book premium cabin so he has enough leg room and I cant justify spending almost £400pp each way with Virgin when its £150 return with Thomson.

I did not know that Virgin price matched though. Is that true for all resorts they offer?

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Flying from Glasgow this Sunday and for the first time with Thomas Cook,last four trips with First Choice.Iam sure I've seen WL on Cooks web site.As we were going to stay there this year but got a great price for PORS. Infact this years price with free dining,14 day ticket for the price of 7, coach transfers,free pre booked seats and a complimentary full size bottle of champagne was cheaper than 2010.:)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

I have seen a few people mention that Virgin have good deals but any time i've went on I haven't seen them, I dont know if they're only available on specific dates or if you have to sign up for them.

I've never flown with Virgin, its always been Thomson or Thomas Cook. Because of my boyfriend height we have to book premium cabin so he has enough leg room and I cant justify spending almost £400pp each way with Virgin when its £150 return with Thomson.

I did not know that Virgin price matched though. Is that true for all resorts they offer?
I believe that Virgin seat pitch is 31" where as Thomas Cook & First Choice,[now Thomsons] are 33". And Iam 6 foot,and that extra 2" makes all the difference.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom