A Question, Mainly For Those From The UK

We usually book through a high street travel agents and everyone will know that their choices of on-site hotels are limited. They usually only have eg, Pop, All Stars, Poly and occasionally GF.
So where do you book the others through, in particular Wilderness Lodge?
Do you book specifically through Disney or is there a travel agents i'm not aware of that books here? I would have thought Disney would charge the top rate on their site and so i'm just wondering if theres anywhere I can get it cheaper, and also maybe with flights added on top.

Virgin only price match on EXACTLY the same holiday and as a lot of other companies fly into Sanford that rules out the majority. I tried to get them to match TravelCity Direct who are generally a lot cheaper and they just said 'no'. We own them and we don't price match with a subsidiary company. Being a DVC owner now it's irrelevant but that was my experience with them. The best deals seem to be with Disney direct and booking flights separately.....

Upvote 0

emma c

we booked at holiday hypermarket and that worked out over 600 cheaper than what virgin was offering us! and we got the lounge at the airport. We staying PORS with free dining.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

Well, I'm also 6' and while Virgin don't have the biggest amount of leg room, I found it to be okay, not great but okay. I'll happily sacrifice a little leg room in exchange for flying into McCoy instead of Sanford.

If you join the frequent flyer club, you get a 6% discount off their quoted holiday prices and you can generate airmiles for upgrading later flights. They accept airmiles generated through Tesco too.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Hi Eddie,I've never flown into MCO but I've heard it's hectic compared to Sanford.Tho I dont mind as long as it's Orlando.I had friends who went London to Philly then Philly to MCO and it took them 14 hrs in total. No way for me.:)

Upvote 0

Stitchaholic84

Original Poster
I believe that Virgin seat pitch is 31" where as Thomas Cook & First Choice,[now Thomsons] are 33". And Iam 6 foot,and that extra 2" makes all the difference.:)

My boyfriend is 6'4" so 33" is still not enough for him to sit comfortably for that length of time. In premium you get at least 38" and you dont feel so claustrophobic. We now dont book through Thomas Cook at all because they dont have premium cabins anymore.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

Well Hatter, I'm not long back from my May trip and the flight took only 8 hours and I was out of McCoy and on the I4 within an hour. Yes, immigration took a while but everything else went smoothly and was no worse than Sanford. Less than 20 minutes after leaving MCO I was checking in at POFQ.

I will admit it's a case of different strokes and all that but the proximity of MCO compared to Sanford, better shops at the airport, larger Duty Free area and less hassle overall wins it for me. Granted most of that comes into play when I'm leaving but I prefer every minute of my holiday to be better wherever possible.

Upvote 0

Funfy

We usually book through a high street travel agents and everyone will know that their choices of on-site hotels are limited. They usually only have eg, Pop, All Stars, Poly and occasionally GF.
So where do you book the others through, in particular Wilderness Lodge?
Do you book specifically through Disney or is there a travel agents i'm not aware of that books here? I would have thought Disney would charge the top rate on their site and so i'm just wondering if theres anywhere I can get it cheaper, and also maybe with flights added on top.
Wish I had a million dollars for every American that opened this just to see what secrets you were up to! LOLOL:D

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Well Hatter, I'm not long back from my May trip and the flight took only 8 hours and I was out of McCoy and on the I4 within an hour. Yes, immigration took a while but everything else went smoothly and was no worse than Sanford. Less than 20 minutes after leaving MCO I was checking in at POFQ.

I will admit it's a case of different strokes and all that but the proximity of MCO compared to Sanford, better shops at the airport, larger Duty Free area and less hassle overall wins it for me. Granted most of that comes into play when I'm leaving but I prefer every minute of my holiday to be better wherever possible.

We have always flown in to MCO, and have never had to wait very long at all although we do fly premium econmy so we are one of the first off the aircraft. It is a very nice airport, spacious and plenty of facilities. I ceretainly wouldn't let it put me off flying with Virgin.

Upvote 0

Stitchaholic84

Original Poster
I've just checked the thomson website again and they now have a lot more hotels on offer, including Wilderness Lodge. I swear i've never seen that advertised on there before.
However, based on the price they are asking, im still better off booking the hotel and flights separately.

Upvote 0

Kandi

We've always booked direct with Virgin and they price match for us every time. We even got our January trip £300 cheaper with the virgin lounge, $150 spending money and free DDP :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom