A question about food allergies?

Abraham's Mommy

Hi,

My 14 month old son has a severe allergy to cow's milk. We are traveling to Disney in September and we are staying at Port Orleans- French Quarter. I was curious if anyone knows if Disney provides soy milk an an alternative. If anyone knows, your knowledge would be much appreciated.

Thanks

majortom1981

hmm

I don't know but I know the head chefs are very good with people who have allergies .My gfs parents friends have an alergy to wheat gluten and they say about it and at every restaraunt the head chefs come out and tell her what she can order and if they dont have anything on the menu they make her something special. So It cant hurt to ask.

Upvote 0

mprewitt

I don't know but I know the head chefs are very good with people who have allergies .My gfs parents friends have an alergy to wheat gluten and they say about it and at every restaraunt the head chefs come out and tell her what she can order and if they dont have anything on the menu they make her something special. So It cant hurt to ask.

I agree. The TS restaurants were all great, especially the higher-end ones. All you have to do is tell the server that you have a food allergy, and they send the chef out. My wife has Celiac's (gluten intolerance), and is also allergic to soy, shellfish, strawberries and watermelon. She is also a vegetarian.

This makes it very difficult to go out to restauarants. However, WDW was terrific!

Upvote 0

darrin933

I have a very bad allergy to sesame seeds and oil. The disney resturants do an excellent job on taking care of guests needs. They usually send the chef out to talk to myself and they ask a few questions and then go back to the kitchen. Just make sure someone is aware of your needs, which I am sure you are aware of anyhow, I hate always having to make sure I have my epi- pen around in case something happens

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

If you have already made ressie's then I think that if you call WDW dine and let them know about the allergy they can put that on the ressie info. Although you may have to give them all of the confirmation numbers, alittle tedious but at least you will cover all areas. Then when you check in let them know again.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Not really, the chef would prob. be happy to accomidate them. Just make sure you call ahead, and call the reservation hot line and let them know.
~A dream is what your heart makes~
~When you wish upon a star~

Upvote 0

Abraham's Mommy

Original Poster
Just an update on this: I called POFQ to inquire about the cow vs. soy milk issue. They told me to call 72 hours prior and they will personally go and get my son whatever type of soy milk he needs. They will have it available for him, day or night. I thought it was wonderful how they are handling this, Disney is great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom