A possibile redo with the SSE screens?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
If guest feedback doesn't make the current SSE ending (pre february) ending worthwile.....

can't they then just use the screens as a pegboard effect for the load and unload and as an animated safety speil for the beginning and end of the ride. And the screens will be off for the rest of the ride?

That way the choose your future ending can be done as an exhibit in project tomorrow?

Allowing a spectacular ending?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Alright I'll try explaining better....

Could it be possible that if WDI gets enough negative feedback about SSE's ending....one of the drastic ideas they could do is elimate the create your future ending from the ride...and instead make that an interactive feature in project tomorrow?

The screens would have to stay in the car...it would cost way too much to remove them....however their use could then be to do the animated "vehicle rotating backward" sequence as we enter the ascent tunnel.

By doing this, this would elimate the audio speil coming from the ceiling...as well as eliminating the two flatscreen televisions.

the screens would only stay on until your picture is taken...then turn off for the rest of the ride...all the way to the unload.

This way....a new ending can be created ....or an ending that combines old and new fiber optic lighting effects, etc.

sum41914

I think we should wait until there is Trip Reports after the official show ready opening before we start discussing alternate uses of the screens, I feel there is some great potential that hasn't been discovered yet in those on board screens.

darthjohnny

Yeah, I think people are jumping the gun here. They aren't fully up and running yet and it's only like the third day of testing.

We need to calm down with all of these Spaceship Earth threads and take a breather until everything is working and the majority of people can experience the ride first hand.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Newsflash: Guests like the new ending. All around EPCOT, you can hear guests talking about how great the new ending is.

Really? I would be absolutely astonished if people think the new ending is great. How can people be amazed by a little flash animation that you can find all over the web and run it on your PC. You dont need a geosphere and omnimover to view that. If guests are impressed by this we are in real trouble!

aladdin2007

Really? I would be absolutely astonished if people think the new ending is great. How can people be amazed by a little flash animation that you can find all over the web and run it on your PC. You dont need a geosphere and omnimover to view that. If guests are impressed by this we are in real trouble!

I agree, we have lost Epcot if thats the case.

Skippy_

I agree, the touch screens should only be used for language selection, and safety videos, then go off (choose your narration and soundtrack would also be nice)!

Skippy

CaptainMichael

On over 5 occassions, I've heard guests either talking to other guests or on the phone about how great the new SSE is, and how much fun the ending is. This is also from the feedback that WDI has been getting (I've been eavesdropping.)

Seriously, EPCOT/SSE fans should be happy that guests aren't doing this::snore:

wickedfan07

I get the feeling there's more to this than meets the eye. There's got to be screens or something outside the car...some real use for the picture the ride takes of you at the beginning. Perhaps the flash-like animation is a placeholder, or not the only thing you see during the descent. There are pieces missing in this puzzle. This test phase is just that...a test phase for what's there now.

Remember how long it took WDI to tweak the Laugh Floor? There were a few months betweent he first test phase and the actual opening. And we saw it improve leaps and bounds. The same thing is happenning here. I am sure there's more to come.

As far as repurposing them...several press releases have promised that Guests will see themselves in their "own personal future." I'd imagine the average guest who sees the press release by chance and gets excited for it would be rather disappointed if they didn't get this opportunity to play around with the monitor in front of them and see "their future." The touch screens' purpose is not going to change. Execution...maybe; purpose...no.

Here's a scenario: Ooviously people on here don't care for the touch screens right now. Disney sees this and goes to fix it. In the meantime, they finish up the new effects and or scenes on the descent and test them. Ride opens in Febuary with no touchscreen survey. After a while, touchscreens with a new way of displaying the survey and your personal future are phased in. Possible? Probably.

dxwwf3

That is certainly the truth!

Testtrack321

On over 5 occassions, I've heard guests either talking to other guests or on the phone about how great the new SSE is, and how much fun the ending is. This is also from the feedback that WDI has been getting (I've been eavesdropping.)

That's the thing, people on the boards saw the old ending as "ooo hollograms and show scenes, how Epcot-ish!" Everyone else saw it as "so how much longer till I can get off and go to Soarin'?"

It ain't done, wait till Feb to complain.

CaptainMichael

*Awaits flaming*

Apart from the SSE model, I don't remember a single part of the old descent...

That being said, I wish the new blue grid thingy went down the entire descent, and I told WDI that. It is awesome! I have no problem with the touchscreens.

DisneyAnole

Newsflash: Guests like the new ending. All around EPCOT, you can hear guests talking about how great the new ending is.

No offense, but you're beginning to sound like an apologist for Disney. For starters, there's no way to prove your newsflash. Maybe you heard some people talking about it and that proves it's a great ending? I'm sure if you walk around MK you can hear some guests talking about how much they liked Stitch. It doesn't alter the fact that WDI could have done a hell of a lot better on both these projects. Just sayin'.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Do you consider answering 5 or 6 questions and seeing a flash animation cartoon a fun ending?
Just wondering if I am in the minority in thinking that it is totally out of place for a park's signature attraction.

I am seriously hoping that those 5 guests you heard are not typical of all the responses.

CaptainMichael

No offense, but you're beginning to sound like an apologist for Disney. For starters, there's no way to prove your newsflash. Maybe you heard some people talking about it and that proves it's a great ending? I'm sure if you walk around MK you can hear some guests talking about how much they liked Stitch. It doesn't alter the fact that WDI could have done a hell of a lot better on both these projects. Just sayin'.
Not an apologist, I just enjoy myself while I'm here. I enjoyed SSE, and I won't apologize for a great attraction.

You don't remember any of the music?
Nope, but I can't get the new stuff out of my head.

Do you consider answering 5 or 6 questions and seeing a flash animation cartoon a fun ending?
Just wondering if I am in the minority in thinking that it is totally out of place for a park's signature attraction.

I am seriously hoping that those 5 guests you heard are not typical of all the responses.
I found it entertaining, the first three times I rode, the screen is all I paid attention to, until I realized that people would want to know about the surroundings. Sure it could be CGI, etc., but I'm not the Imagineer who designed it.

No, most guests probably think the beginning is boring. These are the guests that cannot find the Monorail when they're standing right under it, or ask where the Magic Kingdom is when they are there...

I think many people on this board give the average guest/American too much credit:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom