A plywood door with a padlock in PotC queue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissM

Original Poster
I know there have been reports about changes coming to the Pirates queue but I was shocked to see a door with a padlock just sticking out like the worst sore thumb ever today:

potc-queue-aug0412.jpg

This is on the right-hand side queue line, just past the skeletons playing chess scene. Just past the door and through the arch, you can see there are also a large section of scrims.

But a door?

It looked so terribly, terribly out of place.

nepalostparks

Lesser of two evils. You could close the ride, or one side of the queue, and then you have a lot of disappointed people and/or longer wait times.

The door is a lot more noticeable in your picture because of the flash, and is less noticeable in person with the lower lighting.

MissM

Original Poster
I don't think it's that big a deal. Construction going on all over the place in there.
Construction outdoors on a massive project is one thing. In the middle of a queue is rather jarring.

The door is a lot more noticeable in your picture because of the flash, and is less noticeable in person with the lower lighting.

Oh no, it was EXTREMELY noticeable. I just had to turn the flash on to get a quick shot in focus.

It really looks bad. And the ride was a walk on today. Why it needs more interactive elements in the first place I don't get.

nepalostparks

Oh no, it was EXTREMELY noticeable. I just had to turn the flash on to get a quick shot in focus.

It really looks bad. And the ride was a walk on today. Why it needs more interactive elements in the first place I don't get.

Difference of opinion, I guess. I've seen it a lot in the last few weeks, and to me, it's noticeable, but not to the point it affected me.

But in either case, seeing it in the photo which used the flash is not the same as seeing it in person in lower light.

MissM

Original Poster
Difference of opinion, I guess. I've seen it a lot in the last few weeks, and to me, it's noticeable, but not to the point it affected me.

But in either case, seeing it in the photo which used the flash is not the same as seeing it in person in lower light.
There's actually significantly more light in the queue currently than previously. It's still slightly dimmed, but it's not anywhere near "dark" these days. Even the chess scene was about 5x brighter than it used to be. I'm guessing they're increasing the lighting as part of whatever interactive features they're adding. After all, you can't play a game in the dark.

It was shocking to me in how out of place it looked. I've always though the PotC queue was the gold standard for immersive theme, so it makes me a bit sad to see such a out-of-place element like a generic, plywood door. *shrugs*

ellie-badge

Really weird! But I agree with you, Pirates of the Caribbean has always had either a relatively short wait time or you could walk right on. The only way I can see the interactive elements ever being fully utilized is if it's during one of the crazy peak seasons, like Christmas and New Year's.

TP2000

Don't worry, its getting Fastpass, which will surely create the long standby lines it never used to have!

Just like the Fantasyland version of Little Mermaid will have! :confused:

All summer long Disney California Adventure has been the busiest it's ever been, with record crowds and a 3 hour wait for Radiator Springs Racers, with 45 to 60 minute waits at other DCA popular attractions. But Little Mermaid at DCA has been posted at a 5 minute wait, but you actually just walk in the doors and shuffle through about a 3 minute wait before you step on the loading conveyor belt.

So why wouldn't you add Fastpass and Xpass to it and then build a huge extended Standby queue for it at WDW and spend a bunch of money on NextGen whack-a-mole games for the shleps who are in Standby?

montyz81

I wouldn't worry about this. It will go away. I am sure the extra light is for construction purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom