A Pinocchio ride of some kind in the Speedway area

MickeyMouse10

The only thing that MAY fit back there is a simple swing ride like Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind, but even it requires some backstage technology and a decent-sized footprint. But if you look at the map provided, if you look at the turnaround in the back, it's the entrance to the all-important utilidors.

It's cool man, I don't mind disagreeing.

Pinocchio would definitely be a good addition somewhere. No matter what type of attraction it would turn out to be.

itsy bitsy spider

As is, Pinocchio doesn't make any sense in the Tomorrowland Speedway area. Cosmic Ray's and Pinocchio are 2 totally different themings.

Cosmic Ray would have to be completely rethemed. If you're expanding Fantasyland or even making a new Pinocchio section.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
As is, Pinocchio doesn't make any sense in the Tomorrowland Speedway area. Cosmic Ray's and Pinocchio are 2 totally different themings.

Cosmic Ray would have to be completely rethemed. If you're expanding Fantasyland or even making a new Pinocchio section.

I've thought of that, and I thought of separating the Pinocchio ride from Cosmic Ray using rockwork. After all, there are rocks in the ocean as Pinocchio and Geppetto escape from Monstro.

MickeyMouse10

I've thought of that, and I thought of separating the Pinocchio ride from Cosmic Ray using rockwork. After all, there are rocks in the ocean as Pinocchio and Geppetto escape from Monstro.

Not bad, you'd definitely need to separate from Tomorrowland somehow. Since they have such different conflicting ideas and themings.

You could always use a "Galaxy's Edge" like entry tunnel with the rocks. For the land itself you could make it more enclosed like "New Orleans Square". Where the buildings surround you and tower over you. This way visitors won't be able to see outward at the other lands.

mharrington

Original Poster
Not bad, you'd definitely need to separate from Tomorrowland somehow. Since they have such different conflicting ideas and themings.

You could always use a "Galaxy's Edge" like entry tunnel with the rocks. For the land itself you could make it more enclosed like "New Orleans Square". Where the buildings surround you and tower over you. This way visitors won't be able to see outward at the other lands.

I don't know about enclosing it, but I do like the idea of a tunnel transitioning between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I have heard that the transition in Florida, between the teacups and the Speedway, is really jarring.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
Another idea, one that I've brought up before was a spinning ride with water features like so:

The only problem is I have no idea how to bring the "Pinocchio escapes Monstro" concept into this ride concept. It was suggested that Monstro go in the center and put riders in the paint cans that circle around him. Maybe, similar to the Spongebob ride, Pinocchio and Geppetto could be on the raft at one end and Jiminy Cricket in the bottle could be at another end. But even so, what would be a good name for the ride? I don't think "Escape From Monstro" would really work here.

mharrington

Original Poster
Another idea I've had for the "escape Monstro" theme is this: a version of the Rockin' Tug/Disko concept from Zamperla. Here's the Rockin' Tug in action:

And here's the concept I was thinking of using for the Disko, based on a ride at Kings Island called Surf Dog:

It certainly would provide a half-decent thrill to the whole thing. What do you think of that?

mharrington

Original Poster
For good measure, here is a rough idea of the location of the ride:
alternate monstro ride location mockup.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom