A Permanent TWD Attraction at USH!

JT3000

This does not give me a good feeling about the likelihood of TWD continuing to show up at HHN. If anything, it has the opposite effect. Can we not, Universal?

matt9112

This does not give me a good feeling about the likelihood of TWD continuing to show up at HHN. If anything, it has the opposite effect. Can we not, Universal?

I would rather they put more effort into regular offerings rather than HHN or other hard tickets. I will admit I went on a day that HHN was planned and minus the early close they really do a good job of hiding it and not ruining day guest experience. Only did the holding pens really ruin the ambiance and that wasn't until latearly toward close. But back on topic a regular attraction makes more overall sense. Besides some have voiced disappointment that TWD keeps returning as a house. Sure it has the cult following but die hard HHN goers feel it's getting stale.

JT3000

I would rather they put more effort into regular offerings rather than HHN or other hard tickets. I will admit I went on a day that HHN was planned and minus the early close they really do a good job of hiding it and not ruining day guest experience. Only did the holding pens really ruin the ambiance and that wasn't until latearly toward close.

I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but HHN is a huge money maker for the resort. It could use an expanded budget to be honest.

But back on topic a regular attraction makes more overall sense. Besides some have voiced disappointment that TWD keeps returning as a house. Sure it has the cult following but die hard HHN goers feel it's getting stale.

You don't have to tell me, I'm one of the aforementioned "die hard HHN goers," and I'm so sick of it that I can only take solace in the fact that a permanent attraction hasn't been announced for USF. I don't think an adult-oriented zombie attraction makes any sense whatsoever in a family-friendly theme park anyway. HHN being a hard ticket, after-hours event is the only reason it can get away with things like this.

Jrn14

I agree we went this past year and and my group are all TWD fans, yet it was unanimously our least favorite house... it just seemed very boring and lazy.... like very little thought and effort was put into it. If they are going to keep doing TWD make it amazing... I feel like they are resting on the brand here. We liked all the other houses to some extent.

matt9112

I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but HHN is a huge money maker for the resort. It could use an expanded budget to be honest.

You don't have to tell me, I'm one of the aforementioned "die hard HHN goers," and I'm so sick of it that I can only take solace in the fact that a permanent attraction hasn't been announced for USF. I don't think an adult-oriented zombie attraction makes any sense whatsoever in a family-friendly theme park anyway. HHN being a hard ticket, after-hours event is the only reason it can get away with things like this.

Sure it would be toned down but could still be very thrilling/scary. I kind of wish they would just drop it period.

matt9112

I meant drop TWD not HHN I don't mind HHN like I said they do a good job leaving regular guests alone. (Wouldn't mind some daytime decor though) but I'm really glad it's not at both parks...let's be honest if you book a traditional vacation during that time frame and don't do HHN you are getting short changed on the closing time. We rode the train out to IOA

JoeCamel

I meant drop TWD not HHN I don't mind HHN like I said they do a good job leaving regular guests alone. (Wouldn't mind some daytime decor though) but I'm really glad it's not at both parks...let's be honest if you book a traditional vacation during that time frame and don't do HHN you are getting short changed on the closing time. We rode the train out to IOA

You know you can't kill a zombie though? You might slow them down but they just keep coming so I doubt we will ever be without some representation of TWD now that it has such a foothold.

danpam1024

Original Poster
I agree we went this past year and and my group are all TWD fans, yet it was unanimously our least favorite house... it just seemed very boring and lazy.... like very little thought and effort was put into it. If they are going to keep doing TWD make it amazing... I feel like they are resting on the brand here. We liked all the other houses to some extent.
I'm a total TWD fan- I cry when characters die, I have butterflies in anticipation for the next episode, I talk it out with my friends, but 2015 HHN house was terrible. I couldn't even see half of it, it was so dark and lack luster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom