A PeoplemoverTTA Disney Wedding Planning Report - 7/15/2014

PartOfYourWorld

Diana! How did I not see this until now??? You even tagged me in a post! I must have missed that alert!!!! I am so sorry!!! This was awesome to read! To just see all the stuff you have planned out since we've talked in email. This is honestly great! I am 100% on board with you staying at the Boardwalk ;) It was always my dream resort too and when I stayed there for our wedding...it was just Magical :inlove: You and Todd will love it!!!!!!! :D

You know what's funny when you showed the pictures of the different places you can get married at the Swan and Dolphin...I knew you were going to pick the beach. That just looked so beautiful!

And isn't Tammy just the greatest?? She just booked our 1st anniversary (already?) trip for us to stay at the Beach Club (yup...I'll admit...I've gone Deluxe and theres no way I'm going back now....I'm spoiled :p) The EPCOT resorts are just great...walking to two parks...even taking the friendship boats...that's my favorite. seems like we have similar tastes when it comes to that!

Did you pick what songs your violinist is playing at the ceremony? Suggestion if you haven't yet...watch youtube videos of violin versions of songs...that's what Mike and I did...we had a lot of fun and alot of trouble trying to pick them! haha.

Love that you're doing a Dessert party!!!

I love your dress toooo!!!! it's going to look perfect on you!!!!

I am so happy that you're doing a planning journal...we all get to follow along with you!!!!!

And I have to say I LOVE your Save the Dates too!!! My favorite part is the Swan is in the background as a watermark. very very nice.

I hope you and Todd and your family had a great Christmas and New Years and.....

HAPPY WEDDING YEAR!!!!!!!! :D

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Diana! How did I not see this until now??? You even tagged me in a post! I must have missed that alert!!!! I am so sorry!!! This was awesome to read! To just see all the stuff you have planned out since we've talked in email. This is honestly great! I am 100% on board with you staying at the Boardwalk ;) It was always my dream resort too and when I stayed there for our wedding...it was just Magical :inlove: You and Todd will love it!!!!!!! :D

You know what's funny when you showed the pictures of the different places you can get married at the Swan and Dolphin...I knew you were going to pick the beach. That just looked so beautiful!

And isn't Tammy just the greatest?? She just booked our 1st anniversary (already?) trip for us to stay at the Beach Club (yup...I'll admit...I've gone Deluxe and theres no way I'm going back now....I'm spoiled :p) The EPCOT resorts are just great...walking to two parks...even taking the friendship boats...that's my favorite. seems like we have similar tastes when it comes to that!

Did you pick what songs your violinist is playing at the ceremony? Suggestion if you haven't yet...watch youtube videos of violin versions of songs...that's what Mike and I did...we had a lot of fun and alot of trouble trying to pick them! haha.

Love that you're doing a Dessert party!!!

I love your dress toooo!!!! it's going to look perfect on you!!!!

I am so happy that you're doing a planning journal...we all get to follow along with you!!!!!

And I have to say I LOVE your Save the Dates too!!! My favorite part is the Swan is in the background as a watermark. very very nice.

I hope you and Todd and your family had a great Christmas and New Years and.....

HAPPY WEDDING YEAR!!!!!!!! :D

Good question on the songs...I know that when I walk down the aisle, I want him to play "I See the Light" from Tangled, but other than that I haven't thought about it...we're gonna have to get to work, lol!

Thanks for the dress feedback, I've re-signed up with my trainer at the gym to keep toning up in the next 6 months. I'm only a little nervous, because I honestly won't be worrying about how I look. Still, I have to look at those pictures for the rest of my life, so I want to look as good as I can ;)

I am so disappointed I can't make it down for the Princess Half...grr! I will be doing races this year, though...maybe ToT 10k. We'll see. I will be living vicariously through you as you run!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Stumbled into this and read all your plans!! Congratulations! I had previously read your TR, and you guys are adorable. You're going to have a fantastic wedding, I can just feel it!!!

Thanks so much!! I have to go back and see where I left off, because a lot of stuff has been decided or nearly decided since my last update (or at least it feels that way, lol).

It's 171 days away now...feels crazy how fast it's going! January is flying by, and I suspect February will go quickly too. Todd and DS's birthdays are in March, and I just feel like it's gonna be May before we know it, with two showers (not my decision!), taking us into June, then July will be here before we know it.

That sounds absolutely ridiculous, I know, but in my head July feels like it'll come quickly - that's the gist of it :)

I sound like the Seinfeld where Elaine and Jerry are staying with Jerry's parents at Del Boca Vista and Elaine wants to go home. Jerry's like, "After sleeping, meals and showers, it's really only like 5 minutes!"

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Gorgeous dress, gorgeous story and gorgeous location!! BTW, I will be in Disney on that day...I may have to sneak a peek...lol.

CONGRATS!!!!

Thank you so much! :)

And oh my gosh, please feel free to peek at my wedding - I'd be honored that you want to, lol. 10:30 sharp! ;)

A little hint into my next update (which may not come until tomorrow, although I'm going to try and do it tonight), but the beach is super easy to get to - right through the lobby straight back, out the door and to the left. It's a less than 10 minute walk from DHS (I know this from recent experience, lol).

PartOfYourWorld

Good question on the songs...I know that when I walk down the aisle, I want him to play "I See the Light" from Tangled, but other than that I haven't thought about it...we're gonna have to get to work, lol!

Thanks for the dress feedback, I've re-signed up with my trainer at the gym to keep toning up in the next 6 months. I'm only a little nervous, because I honestly won't be worrying about how I look. Still, I have to look at those pictures for the rest of my life, so I want to look as good as I can ;)

I am so disappointed I can't make it down for the Princess Half...grr! I will be doing races this year, though...maybe ToT 10k. We'll see. I will be living vicariously through you as you run!

good minds think alike since that was mine too :) lol we looked forever for songs, since everything was played on a violin we searched like every disney song on youtube played on a violin because alot of them sound a little different!

I'm bummed you can't make it either! I'll try to post as much as I can on twitter :) Going to do alot of relaxing for 4 days..besides running. Just ran 12.5 miles today and man my legs are killing me! And you mean the ToT 10 miler? Just want to make sure you don't think it's a 10k and then they add 4 miles on ya LOL. You'll love that race!

MerMom1981

Well, I'm glad I tripped and fell into this lovely thread!

I love your attitude by the way. Yes, a wedding is supposed to be fun, but it's about the marriage.

Excellent dress choice. It's elegant yet beachy. Perfect

Congrats and warm fuzzies to you both!

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Well, I'm glad I tripped and fell into this lovely thread!

I love your attitude by the way. Yes, a wedding is supposed to be fun, but it's about the marriage.

Excellent dress choice. It's elegant yet beachy. Perfect

Congrats and warm fuzzies to you both!

Thanks for the warm fuzzies :) Things are nearly set in stone for the entire wedding now, so I am finally going to write an update! I've been so busy with work, I just haven't had the time to do it. But I have literally scheduled time this morning to do it, lol.

PartofYourWorld said:
good minds think alike since that was mine too. lol we looked forever for songs, since everything was played on a violin we searched like every disney song on youtube played on a violin because alot of them sound a little different!

I'm bummed you can't make it either! I'll try to post as much as I can on twitter. Going to do alot of relaxing for 4 days..besides running. Just ran 12.5 miles today and man my legs are killing me! And you mean the ToT 10 miler? Just want to make sure you don't think it's a 10k and then they add 4 miles on ya LOL. You'll love that race!

I had to have gotten inspiration for that song from your wedding TR, lol! I love that movie and song, but I'm not good of thinking of those things on my own, so it had to have been from you! Thanks :)

Lol yes I am registered for the ToT 10 miler - woo hoo! I was able to register early with my AP, so I am in and ready to go. Of course, I am now sidelined with a groin pull for a few weeks and I'm annoyed about that, but I know if I push it too much I won't be running at all this summer, so I am begrudgingly resting right now. I have a few 5ks on my radar for this summer, and I'm doing the biggest loser half marathon here in Buffalo in August (I feel obligated to represent, since I've lost 104lbs total). I'm also going to do an I Love Lucy half marathon in Jamestown, NY (Lucille Ball's hometown - the one I missed this year because of mono) the week after the ToT 10-miler, so it'll be a good last run before the half!

Okay I am seriously going to update now!

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Okay, I am finally updating this report - I feel a sense of accomplishment already, and I haven't even typed it up yet! :)

Here's the rundown...I may be out of order here, so I apologize. There are so many things to track, and I'm not sure what details are even worth mentioning, lol:

144 more days to go!
I seriously can't believe it...it's been going by so fast! Both Todd's and DS's birthdays are the first week in March, so I know March will fly by. We have a few things planned for April, then all of a sudden we'll be in May and it'll only be two months away. At least that's how it feels, lol. On one hand, I want it to go by super quickly because I can't wait to be Todd's wife. On the other hand, I want to enjoy us being engaged too. It's a double-edged sword, let me tell you, lol.

Ceremony Updates
I think I already let everyone know we're using Ron Rosenzweig for our officiant. We already picked out different things for our ceremony and everything. I totally cried while I was reading it, lol. It feels very "real" when you read it!

I suffer from a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome, which basically damages blood vessels in my fingers and toes because of circulation issues due to cold. It's a progressive disorder (which wasn't progressing much until the past year or two) that can in extreme cases cause you to lose some of your fingers and toes. Because of this awful winter, my doctor told me to get away for a few days, so I packed up my iPad (I am so lucky to be self-employed) and worked in Orlando for a few days. I spent a little time in the parks, a lot of time working, and one very special morning walking from DHS to the Swan & Dolphin to scope out our wedding site! Actually, I was standing in the exact spot, 6 months exactly until our wedding :)

It was very cool to be able to see that spot, but I was also profoundly lonely (Todd works a regular 9 to 5, so I was there for 3 days by myself). Still, it also was a big help in planning - I got to test out magic bands (successfully, btw) to help family who will be heading down, I got to walk between the Boardwalk and Swan to see just how easy it really is for people staying in different hotels, and I got to see what the actual ceremony location looks like. I got in a lot of steps (I wear a Fitbit Flex to track steps and I am totally obsessed with it, lol...I averaged 23,000 steps per day!) and kept passing things and picturing what it will be like in July.

We had thought that a beach was "fancy enough" in and of itself to not need a fancy arch or anything, and I realized (and Todd when I sent him a picture) that we definitely needed something. So, when I got back, we picked out an arch for our ceremony and paid for it already with Just Marry (actually, by the end of February we will have every single part of our wedding and trip paid off or in savings - like for food, spending money, etc). We'll have a bamboo arch, and we'll also have white rose petals down the aisle. This picture here shows how it will look pretty closely, without the rose petals. We're also getting chair thingies from Etsy. Here's a link to the ones we are probably going to order in the next few days. Now I'm new to this wedding thing, but I have to admit we thought the cost of the arch and rose petals was kind of insane - $840 for both! That includes setup and breakdown, but still. Such is life planning a wedding, though!

photo.JPG

Tux
I know I already shared a link to my dress, and we finally just decided what Todd's going to wear this weekend, so I thought I'd share that as well. As we all know, it's going to be insanely hot and muggy in July, so we elected not to go with a full tux. We looked at buying pants, a shirt, tie and vest, but there really weren't good options and it wasn't cost efficient at all, so we finally checked out Men's Wearhouse and found the exact look Todd wanted. Here it is, but his actual tie is going to be a lighter, slightly more green teal (pretty much exactly the Miami Dolphins teal, but not deliberately - just because it looks more "beach-y!"). He's going to wear the tan vest, teal tie and tan pants. I think he's going to look so handsome, although I know I'm slightly biased :p.

(I would totally appreciate input on this, WDWMagic Friends!) Here's the thing, Men's Wearhouse is sending it to the one in Winter Park, FL, and apparently they will deliver it to our resort, but he of course wants to try it on first, so they're bringing one here for him to test out in the next week or so. My quandary is this - Do I go with him to see how he'll look? I know the groom can't see the bride's dress, but can I (or should I) see what he'll look like? I'm pretty low-key, but on one hand I kind of want to make sure he looks okay since he's not one for details. On the other hand, I want to be surprised and have that "OMG" moment when I see him for the first time too. Should I trust that the ladies at Men's Wearhouse will make sure everything fits okay and everything?

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Tickets
Since I ended up going for those few days, I did go ahead and buy an annual pass for the year, and I also invested in Tables in Wonderland. When I get to meals and planning in this TR, you'll see that it'll easily pay for itself!

We'll technically have 11 park days, so I think we'll have to buy Todd a 10-day ticket plus a 1-day. I don't know, is it worth it to get him an AP? I just don't know if he'll be going again in the next year.

I still have to get DS' ticket as well. We finalized travel plans (I'll get there), so I know now that we need a 6-day park hopper for him. I'm going to buy those this week (possibly today).

Memory Maker
I bit the bullet and bought this for $149 (yesterday, actually!). To get all our pictures is a big deal for us, and we'll be sure to get as many Photopass pics as possible to make it worthwhile! It also includes ride photos, so I think it's worth it. I was considering adding a private photo shoot with a Disney photographer at the Boardwalk so we could get some good family photos, but that's around $300 and you don't get digital files of all the shots. This way, we will get all our images from the parks, and while not all Photopass photographers are "professional-grade," I think we'll get some good ones!

Dining
We're not doing the dining plan, since we have so many "extras" planned that would make quick service not as valuable, and we don't have enough time or interest in doing table service meals every day. I blocked out the cost for dining over the trip and we're putting that amount into a savings account to earn a little interest over the next few months.

During my little trip, I stayed at Saratoga Springs (I used DVC Rental Store and got a last-minute deal on expiring points - it ended up being $90 a night!). It was extremely helpful since we're staying at Boardwalk Villas in July. The kitchenette is a HUGE help! I came back knowing that we would save a little money (and time) by bringing some breakfast foods like bagels, cereal, Pop Tarts, etc, down with us and then we'd just pick up some milk. I used to want to always eat Disney food for every meal, but since I've been a bit healthier, I've really preferred to eat a healthy breakfast and some healthy snacks so I can live a little and enjoy a not-so-healthy dinner or snacks later in the day. Plus, we just want to save some money!

We did book our ADRs - I totally forgot about this! I booked them at exactly 180 days out, of course, and we were able to get the meals and times we wanted. Here's the rundown:

Via Napoli - Todd and I ate here on our anniversary trip in May and we LOVED it. DS loves pizza (who doesn't), and we thought it would be fun to take Todd's parents there as well, so we're eating here for dinner on Sunday, July 13. I am also partial to the Tiramisu martinis (okay who am I kidding, they are the most amazingly delicious thing ever...I LOVE them!), so it will be a good meal :)

Sci Fi Diner - Oops, I'm out of order, sorry! Todd and I also ate here on our anniversary trip because A) he's a picky eater so I knew he'd like their burgers or chicken fingers and B) he loves classic cars and retro stuff, so I knew the theming in there would blow him away. I was right on both counts! We both knew DS would love it too, so we booked this one for lunch right away on Saturday, July 12 (we arrive on Friday).

Be Our Guest - My sister is really excited for this one. Wednesday, July 16, we're going to have a family meal with my family at Be Our Guest for dinner. I want to check it out, and like I said, my sister is really pumped, so I'm glad we could snag an ADR.

Le Cellier - We wanted a fancy meal for our honeymoon portion of the trip, so we have dinner ADRs at Le Cellier on Friday, July 18. I am STOKED for this one!!

We have our wedding meals planned as well, but I'll save those for later in this update ;)

Invitations
Ooops, I forgot about this too! We made our own invitations with a kit and sent them out (we've heard back from almost everyone already - I'll get to that in a minute!). We knew we wanted teal and white as our colors, so these were simple and perfect. I guess I'm just a totally simple gal in some ways, because I know some people go with more ornate invites (that look amazing), but this was perfect for our budget and preferences.

IMG_1705.jpg

Website/Registry
We also have a wedding website, but it's really just basic details (don't cheat, because I haven't gotten to the meals yet and their details are on the website! ;)). It's connected to a Disney Honeymoon Registry that's kind of fun, although I don't know how many family members will actually use it. I know a lot of people are traditional in gifts (and honestly we don't expect anything...I'm 33 and he'll be 40 in a few weeks - we have plenty of dishes and a toaster, lol), but we did this one anyway. It's fun, and we figure if anyone does buy us a gift off of it, we'll definitely enjoy it (and take pictures to share, lol)! We also did a "traditional" registry at Target so that people don't get frustrated that we don't have a registry.

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Honeymoon Activities
Oh my, I just realized that sounded kind of bad - I meant in-park activities, lol. We wanted to book something really special for our honeymoon that neither one of us had ever done, and that we probably wouldn't ever do again. Todd loves animals, so I had the idea of doing Dolphins in Depth at Epcot. Todd was super excited for it, and I was too, so we booked it right away (no passholder discount, darn).

Then a few weeks ago I got an email from someone at The Living Seas - they're doing construction on the dolphins tank in July and August and our tour was canceled :eek: I totally understand, but we were so disappointed. I asked for a recommendation of something really similar, explaining that we'd be on our honeymoon and were looking for something really unique, so she recommended Seas Aqua Tour, where you get to go snorkeling with tons of fish and stuff. She also made some incredible Disney magic happen, but I don't want to get her in trouble or anything, so I can't say just how. Just let me say that the Cast Members at The Living Seas (it'll always be The Living Seas to me!) are absolutely incredible and made magic for our wedding and honeymoon months beforehand!

Showers
So as I mentioned, we really don't want any gifts or anything, but my sister insisted on throwing me a shower. My dad's side of the family wants to do their own thing, so we're having a big family picnic (not a traditional shower, so guys and kids will be there, lol) at my aunt's house on May 31 (Todd's and my second anniversary <3).

I didn't want a big catered affair, so I asked my sister if we could do that shower at her house (she has a deck and kind-of-finished garage that would be perfect), and have it 'catered' by Moe's (I love Moe's, and it's less than $10 a person, lol - I don't want her spending a ton of money!). That shower is going to be on May 10, so May is going to fly by, I think! I also don't want a fancy (expensive) cake for the shower my sister is throwing, so I asked her if we could bake cupcakes and use these toppers I found on etsy. I think they're awesome and personal and no one will notice that we didn't get a fancy, expensive cake because these are so awesome!

Backtracking - Meals
Oops, I kind of forgot the most important meal I booked - Todd and I will have our wedding day dinner at Shula's. We ate there for our 1-year anniversary in May and had a fantastic meal with incredible service, so we knew it would be fitting (especially since we're getting married at the Swan) to have our first dinner as a married couple there. I can't wait!

Flights
Oh, so thanks to @PartOfYourWorld I knew exactly when my travel dates were going to open up on Southwest, and I booked our flights that morning. Jetblue's rates went way up, so I'm glad I held off. We ended up getting our roundtrip flights for $218 per person! I had budgeted $1200 total for travel, but we came in around $400 less after adding priority boarding for Southwest as well ($25 per person).

Itinerary
Our trip is unique because we're going to have a family trip before the wedding, then DS is going home with Todd's parents after the wedding. We actually watched the WDW DVD a few weeks ago, and DS was enthralled. He of course loves Star Wars and is pumped for that, plus we're going to do the Agent P Adventure in Epcot, as well as plenty more! With us booking the travel dates, we decided how this is going to break down:

Friday, July 11 - Arrive, do Magic Kingdom
Saturday, July 12 - DHS, eat lunch at Sci Fi Diner
Sunday, July 13 - Epcot, dinner at Via Napoli
Monday, July 14 (day before the wedding!) - Morning at Blizzard Beach, afternoon at Animal Kingdom, welcome dinner
Tuesday, July 15 (Wedding Day!) - DS will head to the parks with Todd's parents after the ceremony and pictures, and we'll wrap up that day with our dessert party in Epcot
Wednesday, July 16 - DS's final day in WDW. We'll spend the AM at Magic Kingdom after our breakfast (info coming - I promise) and then DS can choose what park/rides he wants to do one last time.
Thursday, July 17 - DS heads home with Todd's parents. First "real" day of honeymoon!
Friday, July 18 - Seas Aqua Tour, Le Cellier
Saturday, July 19 - Nothing planned - whatever we want to do! (I really want to soak up the Boardwalk, so I'd like to do the surrey bikes and stuff - maybe this day)
Sunday, July 20 - Zippo planned!
Monday, July 21 - Last day of honeymoon - our flight leaves at 9:40 so we have a solid 7 hours or so of park time to do what we want on the last day of our honeymoon

We may want to add things as we get closer, but we're going to be running around so much through Wednesday, I really think we'll just want to relax, swim, do activities and spend low-key spurts of a few hours in the parks on the actual honeymoon.

Finally - Wedding Celebrations/Meals
So we sent out our invites with an RSVP date of March 17 because we have to know how many people for budgeting and finalizing details. Thankfully, we're only waiting to hear back from 2 people already! Our total guest count would have been 55 if everyone had come, but it looks like we're going to have 21, possibly 20, possibly 23, but no more than that. We're disappointed, but it's also kind of helpful because it saves us some money, lol. And we're having a huge catered family picnic here in Buffalo on August 9, so it'll be like our wedding celebration continues throughout the summer, which is awesome!

But here's how we're entertaining our guests:

Monday, July 14
Todd's dad uses a cane and we realized that it would be hard for him to do mini golf, plus we knew that some people would feel excluded, even with the mini golf, if we did a dinner that night with just our parents and siblings, so because the total guest count came in low, we decided to just do a dinner for everyone. This also helps us get more solid time in the parks that morning for DS (and my sister, who wants to make the most out of her first WDW trip with her adorable son, who'll be 1 by the wedding).

Budget was a factor here, so we looked to see where we could easily book a group of 21 without also spending $2,000 or more. Eventually, I found a great buffet at Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness. Has anyone eaten there? @WDWFigment rated it highly on his blog, and the food is right up Todd's alley (and pretty much everyone...ribs, shrimp, pasta, meat, pizza? I mean there's something for everyone!). I was actually able to book this right through the website too, so no need for group dining and all that. Oh, and we can use Tables in Wonderland for the first 10 people, which saves us $50 right there! Oh and non-alcoholic beverages are included too, which is a big savings!

Tuesday, July 15
Since our wedding is so early in the morning, we're doing a sparkling cider toast and wedding cake cutting (with some first dances) immediately after the ceremony, on the beach.

That night, we're doing an Illuminations Dessert Party at Epcot (UK Lochside). I scoped out the location on my mini-trip, and it looks awesome! I am SO excited for this. I think it'll be the real "wow" factor that people talk about after our wedding.

Wednesday, July 16
Our guests will join us at 'Ohana for breakfast. I haven't been here since 2003, so I'm excited to go back. Everything is booked and ready to go with that, plus we'll save with Tables in Wonderland again, which really helps. I think it'll be a great way to thank our guests for coming and wrap up the official "celebration" part of the trip.

My brother originally complained that a welcome party, cake and dessert party weren't enough, so we added the breakfast. We also didn't want people to feel like they were on a schedule and that they could enjoy themselves in WDW, but I think the breakfast will be a really nice way to thank our guests and say "goodbye" (even if we're seeing most of them during at least the early part of our honeymoon, lol).

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Dress Shipping
I really didn't know what I was doing to get my dress down, so I finally decided to go with Carolyn Allen's. I ship them my dress 2 weeks before the wedding (plus my sister's...she's losing baby weight so she hasn't gotten hers yet) then they'll deliver it to our hotel that morning and steam it. It'll be nice to not have to worry about it!

Shoes
Since I'll be walking in sand, flip flops were the only way to go here. I found some on Etsy and ordered them months ago, but they haven't even shipped yet. I sent a message in December and the girl said she had family emergencies, etc, so I said no problem, just let me know when they ship. Well it's been another two months and still nothing, so I sent a note the other day. I'll send a follow up again in a week or so, but I guess I'll have to buy something else if I don't hear back again. Not cool. But here are the ones I ordered anyway. Just checked out her reviews and it seems some other people are having the same problem with delays! Anyway, I'm going to paint my nails the teal color of Todd's tie. I think it'll look nice :) Todd will be wearing "mandals," which should be interesting. He hates his feet, but I think he realizes he doesn't have much of an option on that one, since he'll get sand in shoes, lol.

Wrap-up
Okay, I think that's everything...am I missing anything? Please feel free to ask if there's another detail I haven't mentioned and you're curious, I'm happy to share. I really appreciate everyone following along with this report, even if it's been in spurts! I just can't wait to be married, and planning everything has been super fun. Even more so since we have busted our butts working to have it paid for this month. If we end up broke, at least we know our wedding and trip are paid for, lol.

PolynesianPrincess

OMG!!! I LOVEEEEEE this!! What a beautiful location you picked out!! And the dress is simply gorgeous as well! :)

It's funny, I remember reading your reports after your Mom passed and how you couldn't wait to leave Buffalo. Your reasons to leave Buffalo are pretty much the same reasons I want to leave Portland. I feel like I know everyone here and there are NO eligible guys! lol But then again... Good things always happen when you least expect it and look what happened with you! Your Prince Charming came along!! :) A WDW wedding is a dream of mine also. Hopefully when I move to Jacksonville I will meet my prince!

I'm so happy you've decided to share this with us! Can't wait to read more about it!! :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
OMG!!! I LOVEEEEEE this!! What a beautiful location you picked out!! And the dress is simply gorgeous as well! :)

It's funny, I remember reading your reports after your Mom passed and how you couldn't wait to leave Buffalo. Your reasons to leave Buffalo are pretty much the same reasons I want to leave Portland. I feel like I know everyone here and there are NO eligible guys! lol But then again... Good things always happen when you least expect it and look what happened with you! Your Prince Charming came along!! :) A WDW wedding is a dream of mine also. Hopefully when I move to Jacksonville I will meet my prince!

I'm so happy you've decided to share this with us! Can't wait to read more about it!! :)

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the tea length, but with the sand and heat it's really the way to go. I wasn't sure if tea length dresses would look "fancy" enough, but I just love the one I picked out...love it :inlove:

I didn't know you were moving to Jacksonville?! When?! My cousin just moved back there with his wife (he's in the military). Actually, my other cousin moved to San Diego (he's in the Navy as well), and has a condo he's trying to rent. If you're interested, just let me know. I'm not sure if it's on a base or not, though, lol!

I just never felt like I would find what I needed here...if I went back and read my TR from August 2011 (omg it was almost 3 years ago now!), my life was so different. My mom had just died, I hadn't started my business yet, I was 100 lbs heavier, and I didn't have Todd. In a lot of ways, I feel like a totally different person (in a good way!). It just goes to show how one decision (or non-decision, as it were!) can make a dramatic impact.

I think you will absolutely find what it is you need in Jacksonville! And you'll only be 2 hours from WDW :D It's a really easy drive, too, I've made it a few times. Oh, and the Jax beaches are awesome!

PolynesianPrincess

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the tea length, but with the sand and heat it's really the way to go. I wasn't sure if tea length dresses would look "fancy" enough, but I just love the one I picked out...love it :inlove:

I didn't know you were moving to Jacksonville?! When?! My cousin just moved back there with his wife (he's in the military). Actually, my other cousin moved to San Diego (he's in the Navy as well), and has a condo he's trying to rent. If you're interested, just let me know. I'm not sure if it's on a base or not, though, lol!

I just never felt like I would find what I needed here...if I went back and read my TR from August 2011 (omg it was almost 3 years ago now!), my life was so different. My mom had just died, I hadn't started my business yet, I was 100 lbs heavier, and I didn't have Todd. In a lot of ways, I feel like a totally different person (in a good way!). It just goes to show how one decision (or non-decision, as it were!) can make a dramatic impact.

I think you will absolutely find what it is you need in Jacksonville! And you'll only be 2 hours from WDW :D It's a really easy drive, too, I've made it a few times. Oh, and the Jax beaches are awesome!

I'm hoping to relocate by December. It's awhile away. I just want to make sure I have enough money before I go. It's been a long time coming. I've been saving for this for over a year now!! I'll let you know when exactly so if your cousins condo is up fro grabs and not on base, maybe that would work!!

It is funny how quickly life can change. Although your trip in 2011 seems like so long ago, it really isn't. Just shows how much can happen in 3 years! :)

TrolleyFollower91

Congratulations! Trail's End is absolutely delicious. Be warned, it does look a little bit like a camp cafeteria. However, it is IMO the best buffet on Disney property. Those ribs :hungry:

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
I'm hoping to relocate by December. It's awhile away. I just want to make sure I have enough money before I go. It's been a long time coming. I've been saving for this for over a year now!! I'll let you know when exactly so if your cousins condo is up fro grabs and not on base, maybe that would work!!

It is funny how quickly life can change. Although your trip in 2011 seems like so long ago, it really isn't. Just shows how much can happen in 3 years! :)

It really can! December isn't that far away - the countdown begins! My cousin actually just posted his townhouse again on Facebook, it's up for rent March 1. When it gets closer, let me know and I'll see if it's available. It's not on base (it's near a town square or something, and looks really nice), but it's like $1,500 a month, which sounds ridiculous. I know that Florida rents are crazy though, from my own relocation planning. Crazy!

Love all the details you've shared. Everything is fantastic and pretty! Your wedding is going to be beautiful!!!

Thank you so much :) I am really getting excited as we close in on March 1. For some reason, 4 months (March 15) seems way closer than 5. I know that's in my head, but doesn't it seem really quick? In April I'll probably be shaking with excitement, lol!

Congratulations! Trail's End is absolutely delicious. Be warned, it does look a little bit like a camp cafeteria. However, it is IMO the best buffet on Disney property. Those ribs :hungry:

Awesome to hear about Trail's End - thank you! I have no problem with the decor or lack thereof. We're really casual people and we aren't looking for something fancy, just a nice way for everything to gather, chat and get ready for the big day. It actually sounds perfect!

Mmmm, ribs! :D

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks for the warm fuzzies :) Things are nearly set in stone for the entire wedding now, so I am finally going to write an update! I've been so busy with work, I just haven't had the time to do it. But I have literally scheduled time this morning to do it, lol.

I had to have gotten inspiration for that song from your wedding TR, lol! I love that movie and song, but I'm not good of thinking of those things on my own, so it had to have been from you! Thanks :)

Lol yes I am registered for the ToT 10 miler - woo hoo! I was able to register early with my AP, so I am in and ready to go. Of course, I am now sidelined with a groin pull for a few weeks and I'm annoyed about that, but I know if I push it too much I won't be running at all this summer, so I am begrudgingly resting right now. I have a few 5ks on my radar for this summer, and I'm doing the biggest loser half marathon here in Buffalo in August (I feel obligated to represent, since I've lost 104lbs total). I'm also going to do an I Love Lucy half marathon in Jamestown, NY (Lucille Ball's hometown - the one I missed this year because of mono) the week after the ToT 10-miler, so it'll be a good last run before the half!

Okay I am seriously going to update now!

I'm glad I could help ya with the wedding song and for your flights!!! :D

You have posted so many updates since I've been away!!!!! :)

It seems like you have everything under control and almost paid for...how awesome is that?!

Okay off topic now since you've mentioned Raynaud's Syndrome...someone mentioned that to me when I told them my hands and feet are cold the majority of the time...every once in awhile one toe or finger will turn completely white and numb and I have to warm it up (sorry if that's weird) but my doctor said it happens and I shouldn't worry about it...but someone at work mentioned Raynaud's....so is that similar to what you experience?

I really like his tux! it's a really nice color for that area! And as far as seeing him...Mike ended up buying a suit for the wedding because he didn't own any tux or suit and figured they could always come in handy. We got a good deal at Men's Warehouse at the time so he ended up with two. And if I didn't go with him...I could only imagine what he would have gotten...LOL. But I guess that's a little different than going for a fitting...I guess you could look at it as the same way as they can't see us in our dress...personal preference I guess! I would personally go to make sure that the tux looks like the way its supposed to just incase the place screws something up and Todd doesn't notice.

You guys will love LeCellier! I LOVE IT there!!!! :D You should ask for giftcards or something for your shower for Victoria and Alberts ;) Because that is the ultimate honeymoon celebration meal! But I'm not biased or anything ;)

I love your invites! Plain and simple. I'm that way too.

Wow you got a reservation for 20 something people at Ohana???? or did I miss something there in the count! lol

Can't wait to hear how you feel as it gets closer! i know how you fele on the double edged sword...you want to get married but don't want the engagement part to be over so soon. I felt the same way. But I don't miss the planning part all that much...I'd just re-live the trip again! :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Okay off topic now since you've mentioned Raynaud's Syndrome...someone mentioned that to me when I told them my hands and feet are cold the majority of the time...every once in awhile one toe or finger will turn completely white and numb and I have to warm it up (sorry if that's weird) but my doctor said it happens and I shouldn't worry about it...but someone at work mentioned Raynaud's....so is that similar to what you experience?

Hey Jess - sorry I've been so MIA! I don't know how I missed your post, but I haven't been on the boards much lately. So darn busy.

But yup, that is precisely a symptom of Raynaud's. That's how it started for me when I was 16. It was just a finger tip or tip of my toe, and it would come back pretty quickly. It stayed that way for almost 15 years, then a few years ago it just got way worse. This winter, I lost feeling in 3-4 of my toes for most of the day, and my I would "lose" fingers for hours. I had stabbing pains in my fingertips most of the time...sorry for the MIA, but so not fun. Just bundling up isn't working anymore, so next year we have to invest in some heavy duty hand and foot warmers, and I'll have to travel a few weeks probably December through March to make it easier. It's a progressive condition, but for most people they are pretty stable. I'm not sure why mine got worse over the past few years, but it is what it is. Once Brandon's older, I'm sure Todd and I will become snow birds, lol.

I really like his tux! it's a really nice color for that area! And as far as seeing him...Mike ended up buying a suit for the wedding because he didn't own any tux or suit and figured they could always come in handy. We got a good deal at Men's Warehouse at the time so he ended up with two. And if I didn't go with him...I could only imagine what he would have gotten...LOL. But I guess that's a little different than going for a fitting...I guess you could look at it as the same way as they can't see us in our dress...personal preference I guess! I would personally go to make sure that the tux looks like the way its supposed to just incase the place screws something up and Todd doesn't notice.

Todd is so not good on details - he still hasn't gotten a call from Men's Warehouse to try on the tux...I have to gently prod him to follow up on that. I'm not worried about it, necessarily, but I kind of am :). I also have to call the Disney hotline for Men's Warehouse to set up delivery of the tuxes to the Boardwalk.

You guys will love LeCellier! I LOVE IT there!!!! :D You should ask for giftcards or something for your shower for Victoria and Alberts ;) Because that is the ultimate honeymoon celebration meal! But I'm not biased or anything ;)

I would LOVE to eat at Victoria and Alberts, but Todd is literally the pickiest eater in the world. Pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers and hot dogs - oh and pasta, are his favorite things in the world. He wouldn't eat a thing, lol. I know he'll eat the steak at Le Cellier, but I don't know if he'll like the truffle sauce (or whatever it's called - I'm so refined ;)).

Wow you got a reservation for 20 something people at Ohana???? or did I miss something there in the count! lol

Yup, that's another thing I have to update. They held the reservation for 30, and I have to call with the final total. I can't wait to go back to Ohana, I haven't been since 2004, I think. And that pineapple bread...mmmmm, pineapple bread....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom