A PC Haunted Mansion ?! Now that's scary

kimmychad

I could not agree more!!!!!

Our "bellman" as the TOT couldn't "get" the door to close, so he kicked it and said "Oh well, it is not like you can come back to complain. Bye Bye." and with that the doors closed. We are STILL talking about that, and it was 4 years ago.

An on our last trip, I was the last one to walk into the stretching room and the cast member said something along the lines of "You would make a great 1000. So hurry up, you don't want to miss your LAST ride". It was awesome!

I can appreciate a consistent show, but I can totally appreciate a cast member making this an experience and not just a ride.

i have a pic of the greeter at haunted mansion in full make-up for the halloween party, she made our night. but how do i post it on here

ilvdisney

I'm a little confused...... many people here have mentioned that what Disney wants to change (or eliminate) is the "ad lib." But.... in everything I've read so far, the text that is "problematic" (not in my opinion, but I digress) is the "...please move your retched bodies to the dead center of the room...." etc. How can THIS be ad lib? It's been the same thing for 30 some odd years, if not longer! Can someone please clarify?
Thanks!

iheartdisney91

how stupid... it matters now all of the sudden? i for one loved their lines and it made me feel more like i was actually in a HM... grr...

VT GAL

i have a pic of the greeter at haunted mansion in full make-up for the halloween party, she made our night. but how do i post it on here

That is awesome!!!

Posting a picture is pretty easy, but I have only done it a few times. First you need to post the picture online where it can be linked to (I use Photobucket), and then you post a reply and look for the icon with mountains and a sun. When that pops up you can enter the picture's URL. Once you do that the picture should appear in your reply.

** If I got any of this wrong, someone please correct me! I am still new at the posting picture thing. **

I hope this helps, because I would love to see the picture! :wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Good to see Mrs Cadburys Parrot is alive and well and continuing to post. Wibble Wibble.
blackadder4_4_396x222.jpg

PeoplemoverTTA

For what it's worth, I spoke to a CM at HM who was "earning her ears" on Thursday about this. I mentioned that there were some rumors that CMs at HM would have to follow a script instead of ad-libbing some lines (I gave the example of "drag your wretched bodies into the dead center of the room"). She told me that it was her second day, and that she was not trained with, nor told that she would ever have to follow, a script. She told me that she can "say whatever [she] want."

This is far from anything official, but I thought this CMs perspective would be especially interesting, since she was just trained.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I am curious to see what "actually" occurs. I for one, think that the CMs who put the extra into the role, make it a very cool ride. The ride itself is not scary to me (even when I was alittle girl) so, I kinda look for the CM's to do or say alittle something. I personally feel (as a parent) if you find that a ride/show is not suited for your child, don't allow them to experience it:shrug:.

Have a MAGICAL day all!:)

Trishnh

I am curious to see what "actually" occurs. I for one, think that the CMs who put the extra into the role, make it a very cool ride. The ride itself is not scary to me (even when I was alittle girl) so, I kinda look for the CM's to do or say alittle something. I personally feel (as a parent) if you find that a ride/show is not suited for your child, don't allow them to experience it:shrug:.

Have a MAGICAL day all!:)

I completely agree--I think it is so ridiculous to change it just becasue a few uptight people complained!!:brick: I have taken my kids on it numerous times (it is one of their favorite attractions) and they love how the CMs act. If you do not like/agree with it, then just dont go on it! It is a haunted Mansion--it is SUPPOSED to be scary:hammer:

Jimmy Thick

Unreal.

Part of the attraction to this ride is the fact it has an "edge" to it. One of the very few rides at WDW that does, albeit a rather mild "edge", and if its true, even that gets neutered.

I swear, some people with their overly sensitive kids should be kept out of Disney...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Unreal.

Part of the attraction to this ride is the fact it has an "edge" to it. One of the very few rides at WDW that does, albeit a rather mild "edge", and if its true, even that gets neutered.

I swear, some people with their overly sensitive kids should be kept out of Disney...

If you follow Disney history of edgy attractions, Haunted Mansion will be closed for good shortly.

Look at Alien Encounter. :lookaroun

Skippy

If you follow Disney history of edgy attractions, Haunted Mansion will be closed for good shortly.

Look at Alien Encounter. :lookaroun
In my opinion the biggest development tragedy at WDW in recent history.
We lost a great attraction with unique theme and storyline to SGE which... has a cool animatronic if you can sit through the thing.

echoscot

I rode it twice the second week of January...I thought the CMs were a little dull compared to other times I have ridden it. I don't know if it was due to this or maybe they were having an off day. I hope it is just because of the latter, because I have been an HM fan for over 30 years ever since my dad dragged my wretched 7 year old body inside prying my hands off of every stanchion in the queue screaming bloody murder the whole way...Sorry I hope that wasn't offensive to anyone...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom