A new Space Mountain for WDW

suzynstitch

just some space mountain info for you all...
the ride only goes 27 mph. it does have the ability to go a bit slower depending on the weight of each train. the heavier it is, the faster it goes. but it has been 27 mph for as long as i can remember. when fed ex pulled its sponsorship, all of the themed things that tied in to it (tv's, decals on the tower, the end 'show' on the exit ramp, etc.) were taken out. the tvs actually had another reason for leaving along with that one. before the addition of fastpass, the que would wrap all around the inside. the tvs were a tool to ease the wait. but then the line was shortened considerably so there was no more need for the tvs.
as for wdw getting a brand new space, it's prolly not gonna happen any time soon. space has one of the oldest operating systems and to change it would cost a lot of money. it's been virtually unchanged since its opening in 1975.
suzie q:)

No need to change it. Its a great ride with a great setting. Why change a perfect chemisrty?? I wouldnt mind in it had a little bit more speed. i think top speed is only like 34 . i like big and fast things like RNRC and The Hulk

Lee

Adventurer
Nope.
Disneyland's Space is both sponsor-less and closed.

As for a new Space at MK: I'd love to see it, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

CaptChris

Space Mountain

SM is great the way it is.

As far as a Linear Induction Launch, this is Space Mountain, not RNR Coaster.

Part of what I enjoy about SM is the initial rolling out of the station through the blue tunnel, and then up the lift hill, anticipating the full blown ride.

Long Live Space Mountain!!!!!!!!!

Tim G

Originally posted by bhg469
i wouldent like to see the ride changed but if they were to open a coaster or any ride based on the jules verne novel it would be great. 20,000 leagues just created this huge void that has yet to be filled

Jules Verne was French, therefore they themed most of tomorrowland in DLPR Jules Verne Style..
Won't happen to WDW...

And about 20.000 leagues, they won't change that either,
at least not as long Roy Disney Jr. is still alive...

20.000 Leagues was Walt's baby...
Michael Eisner made a commitment to the Disney family not to change it.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Corrus
Jules Verne was French, therefore they themed most of tomorrowland in DLPR Jules Verne Style..
Won't happen to WDW...

And about 20.000 leagues, they won't change that either,
at least not as long Roy Disney Jr. is still alive...

20.000 Leagues was Walt's baby...
Michael Eisner made a commitment to the Disney family not to change it.

I'm familiar with the reasons why they themed "Discoveryland" at Disneyland Paris with all the Jules Verne stuff. But why does that necessarily mean it "won't happen to WDW" as you state?

Also, can you clarify what you mean about the 20K Leagues? I'm not sure I'm following you. You say that Eisner made a commitment to the family not to change it. But it is actually closed down and has been for some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom