A new low

Diesel Dan

Bud Light in a can is not classy, put it in a brown paper bag with the Epcot logo or a picture or Mickey on the bag makes that Bud Light in a can Classy!

Raineman

I'm trying to wrap my head around why walking around with a can of beer is not "classy", and is a "new low". If people were walking around Epcot chugging out of bottles of wine or drinking out of a fifth of Crown Royal, I could understand-but a can of beer is a single serving, made for drinking straight out of the container. It's the individual and the way they act when they are drinking that makes them not classy, not the can or cup in their hand. If you are a craft beer-only hipster or a Stella Artois-drinking beer snob, then maybe the fact that it is Bud Light might offend you :D And, let's face it-Epcot is a theme park, not a cocktail party at the governor's mansion.

CaptainAmerica

OP, where did you even find Bud Light in Epcot?

It isn't. I guess for some people having to acknowledge the fact that someone is drinking a beer is bad. It's much better if you can pretend they are drinking a soda if it's in a cup. :rolleyes:
I disagree. The vessel matters. I won't go to a bar if I know they serve in plastic cups. That's a college move. I'm a grown man, I drink beer in a glass.

That said, the thread title "A new low" is a bit dramatic.

Cmdr_Crimson

Funnier than the Laugh Floor :joyfull:

Speaking of being classy about their boozefest parks, what to think of the boozecarts in TPFKATDMGMS:
10wjmkz.jpg

Selling booze in Pixar Place and they don't even have Buzz Lightbeer? It sells itself with a name like that....Hopefully they take that idea into TSL...

Minnie Mum

So walking around with a cup of beer in your hand is classy, but walking around with a can is not? Who are you kidding? You want to walk around drinking beer in public, but you don't want anyone else to know you're walking around drinking (cheap) beer in public? If you're that concerned about what other people might think of you, sweetheart, bring a stack of those red solo cups in your day bag. That'll fool 'em.

Last edited:

graphite1326

There is only one choice, Yuengling. Bud Light is for "white Trash" that's why they gave it to you in a can (just a joke don't get upset). I wish they had Yuengling Light also though.

thomas998

Now before I get judged to harshly, let's get a few things out in the open. Bud light is my #2 choice of beers. My beer tastes are not much different than when I was a broke college student. I would guess I drink about 2 cases of bud light a month.

I went to buy a beer at Epcot last night, and thought the price of $5.50 was low, and figured I would be getting a smaller than usual cup of draft beer. When I was handed a 12 ounce can of bud light and asked if I wanted a cup, I was stunned. Walking back to my family, all I could think was, how "white trash" walking around Epcot with a can of Bud Light is. Now, some might consider me to be "white trash", and definitely look white trash sometimes. I have no problem with the aluminum bottles, but I just do not think Bud It cans fit in at Epcot, or anywhere other than the resort pool. It seemed to me to be low class, and coming from a white trash alcoholic, that says a lot.

No one really cares what kind of can someone is walking around with. If you felt like white trash I think that was all on you, I've been to chi-chi events and seen people with more money than they know what to do with holding a can of Bud and no one thinks anything of it. It's a drink, some like it some don't.. no stigma attached to it as being trashy... more stigma is attached to chi-chi things that make people seem a bit pretentious than by a brand of beer... I mean honestly who can really say they enjoy eating caviar? Anything that tastes so nasty you need to try and cover up the taste with a large cracker for every little dab of caviar... well to me that screams pretentious as I can't fathom anyone actually liking that god awful stuff.

Weather_Lady

I'd have asked for a cup just for the aesthetics, but honestly, who cares? If anybody at Epcot took the time and effort to judge you for your choice of beverage, or your choice of container, then they're the one who's got a problem with their priorities, not you.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's an image. Guests walking around with generic white plastic cups looks different than guests walking around with beer cans.

The first time I saw this was at EPCOT during the arts festival last year.
There's no advertising value in people carrying plastic cups full of beer. Perhaps WDW's contract with AB/Inbev requires they hand the aluminum bottles over so other people will see what they're drinking...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom