Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

joshsprincess921

Epilogue

I did not intend to take so long to complete my summer trip report. Thanks for bearing with me and for persevering to the end.

Over the last few months I helped care for the man who first brought me to Walt Disney World, way back in July 1972.

View attachment 594126

He loved the Hall of Presidents. The Skyway. The 360-degree America the Beautiful film. The Contemporary. River Country.

He never missed a performance of the Voices of Liberty in the AA rotunda. He always sat on the floor. (This typically following a hibachi lunch “in Japan.”) Soarin’ amazed him.

He was there the day his 15-year-old grandson was in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire ~ and cheered in disbelief when his 12-year-old grandson replaced his brother in that same Hot Seat.

An animal lover, he appreciated Animal Kingdom more than anyone else in the family. And he was proud to be one of the first guests to ride Everest, in spite of his vertigo.

I was blessed to accompany him on his last trip to the World in September 2016.

View attachment 594127

On October 1, 2021 ~ the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World ~ my daddy left for his heavenly home.

My heart is breaking. Finishing this report was my tribute to him. My beloved Woody is taking me to my happy place in a few days for some much-needed R & R.

Sweet memories will accompany me there. ❤️
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. What a beautiful tribute to him. My condolences to you and your family.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm terribly sorry for you and your family. That very moving tribute made me feel your Dad's beautiful spirit,and his daughter's admiration.
May the upcoming journey to your Happy Place bring joy and peace to your heart.
Thanks for your sweet words, @luvinthemajik. I know you understand how precious WDW trips were/are when raising a family.

Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

So sorry for your loss. Glad you have so many happy memories with him and were able to spend time with him and care for him these last couple months.
Dads and daughters have a special bond. You'll love watching the connection develop between Lil BES and Mr. BES. :inlove:

My deepest sympathies. All the best to your family.

I am at a loss of words to describe this incredible tribute to your father. My condolences to you and yours.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family for your loss. ❤️

We are sorry for the sad loss of your wonderful father. Being at your happy place will bring back all those magical times you had together with him. Condolences to all your family.

CorruptCanineAgama-size_restricted.gif

Your heartfelt tribute has brought tears to my eyes. My condolences and thoughts go out to you and your lovely family.
Thank you @BuckyMom, @Swissmiss, @ferbtones, @Wicked Sisters and @PacNWTigger for your condolences.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a lovely tribute to your dad. Condolences to you all.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF
I'll take a Sulley hug!!!

I'm very sorry for your loss, friend. All the memories and joy shared together with your Dad, at your happy place, will always be in your heart and during all your future WDW visits.

Love the beautiful photos of you and your Dad at WDW, thank you for sharing them with us, and for this very special Tribute Trip Report. ❤️
Appreciate your kindness in listening (and reading) special friend.

So sorry for your loss. My Dad and I shared a love of Disney too. He brought me to the world the first time in June of 1972. He passed in 2000 and I often remember moments we shared. He dearly loved fireworks (surprise, so do I) and he would not believe how the castle shows have evolved. The projections would have blown him away. Enjoy your upcoming trip, it will be nostalgic.
I think we just missed each other on our first trips with our dads, @pkkurz! I'll think of them as I watch fireworks over the castle. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. There must be so many incredible memories for you to share. What was your favorite Disney moment with him?
I think my favorite Disney moment was our early-morning trips to River Country and riding the rapids with him and my brother. Exhilarating! A "water park" was such a novelty to us. My mom had no interest in joining us, so it was special time with dad!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing some of your wonderful memories with us. Sending love to your family. ❤️
It was my pleasure to share the memories as they made me smile. :happy:

Now I have some insight into your love of the parks, as well as your kindness to others, and your sense of fun adventures. Your dad was a wonderful and generous family man, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as the expression goes.

That said, very sorry to hear of his passing, and please accept my sincere sympathies to you, and your entire family.
What a lovely analogy @MinnieM123. Sincere sympathy received❣️

200.gif

This is the perfect place to put such a beautiful memorial for him due to his love of Disney. The fact that he loved Animal Kingdom now gives me hope for you. ;) The loss of a father forever leaves a whole in your soul. Reading about him has brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you @Zipitidoda. I really don't hate Animal Kingdom....just don't like to visit when it's HOT!

Isn't it amazing how someone I haven't met personally yet can make me cry? As I think you know, I'm taking care of mine now and what a blessing it is. I'm going to have to go through my old Disney photos and hoping I find one that is such a treasure as yours 😍 I'm glad you are going to spend some time there and get to relive some of your old memories with him. I'm sending loving supportive thoughts to you and your family and I can't wait to hug you in person!
Fathers Day Dad GIF by Pusheen
Love the gif, @cgersic. And give your daddy a big hug the next time you see him.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can only dream that I am able to have a similar positive impact on my daughters.

Max
Playing Around Tug Of War GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

You ARE!!!

Such a beautiful tribute. My deepest condolences. From my experience, it never gets easier - but the memories get sweeter. May his memory be a blessing.
I ❤️ this, thanks.

I am so sorry about your Dad. I love the tribute that you wrote to your Dad and how you included all of his Disney favorites. I hope you get to relax on your upcoming trip and get to enjoy one of his favorite spots or rides while you are there in his memory.
I will surely do that!

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending love to you and your family.
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. What a beautiful tribute to him. My condolences to you and your family.
So sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and your family. Beautiful tribute to your dad, the memories will always stay with you!
My condolences on the loss of your father. Your tribute is lovely. Hope you have an amazing next trip.
Thank you very much friends!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sending lots of good vibes your way.... So so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like he had a great life (and a wonderfully Disney-filled life at that!) and I loved reading your tribute to him. Thank you for sharing.
kristen bell film GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

Sorry to hear about your pops! ❤️❤️❤️ It appears he taught his daughter how to carry on a family tradition on how to do WDW right.
duke kahanamoku hawaii GIF

My condolences @Tuvalu. You could not have given him a better tribute than this...!
Wishing you and your family peace as you mourn the loss of your Dad.🕊️💔
What a beautiful tribute, I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.
So sorry to hear of your loss ❤️ Sending our condolences to you and your family ❤️❤️❤️
Sending love to you and your family.
I feel very supported by y'all. 💕

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a beautiful tribute, it's not tears in my eyes it must be raining inside.....So sorry for your loss and enjoy some well deserved time in your happy place.
Happy Girl GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Showers can be sweet.....

I have already sent you my condolences, but I wanted to send more hugs my “Sis”. You are a treasure and a special friend that I am so fortunate to know.
You did your Daddy proud. ❤️
Episode 16 Hug GIF by Friends

So sorry to hear about your dad, friend 💔 Thank you for sharing your lovely memories of him with us!
happy inside out GIF by Disney Pixar

So sorry for your loss my friend. What a beautiful tribute to a great man. A and I are keeping you and your family in our prayers.
Much appreciated!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful moments with your dad. Big hugs to you, Woody, Em and the rest of the Tuvalu family
Sun Life Love GIF by Sun Life Malaysia

I’m so very sorry for your loss. What wonderful memories you have with your Dad.

I’m going to go hug my dad this week. ❤️❤️
Hallmark Movies Love GIF by Hallmark Channel

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your memories of him with us. I hope you can find some peace during your upcoming trip!
Thank you, Amy. :cat:

I am so very sorry for your loss Tuvalu.😢 I loved the beautiful tribute you wrote for your Dad which truly warmed my heart reading it. He sounded like a wonderful family man. I lost my beloved father in July and helped care for him also. The incredible memories we shared together have carried me through these last few months. Enjoy your time in WDW and use that time to decompress and let the memories that you shared with your Dad at your happy place fill your soul. My DH and I will be arriving at WDW on 10/24, so if you're still around, message me if you have time to say hello. ❤️
I sure will, Linda.

Sending you and your family all of the love. I too have always shared a special love for Disney with my own Dad, and your tribute to him here was so beautiful. Hope you enjoy your time with Woody at your happy place ❤️
Thanks so much
Carol Burnett Annie GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

I am so very sorry for your loss. 💔 I loved your tribute to him - how very blessed you are, to have such precious family memories to look back on. Praying for you, Woody, Em, your boys, your mom, and the rest of your family.
Grateful for your kindness again❣️

Beastly74

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in October 2017 and one of my favourite memories, just before he was called away, was sharing photos of my August 2017 Disney trip with him and hearing his laugh. Precious memories to cherish ❤️.

Pirate Magic

Epilogue

I did not intend to take so long to complete my summer trip report. Thanks for bearing with me and for persevering to the end.

Over the last few months I helped care for the man who first brought me to Walt Disney World, way back in July 1972.

View attachment 594126

He loved the Hall of Presidents. The Skyway. The 360-degree America the Beautiful film. The Contemporary. River Country.

He never missed a performance of the Voices of Liberty in the AA rotunda. He always sat on the floor. (This typically following a hibachi lunch “in Japan.”) Soarin’ amazed him.

He was there the day his 15-year-old grandson was in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire ~ and cheered in disbelief when his 12-year-old grandson replaced his brother in that same Hot Seat.

An animal lover, he appreciated Animal Kingdom more than anyone else in the family. And he was proud to be one of the first guests to ride Everest, in spite of his vertigo.

I was blessed to accompany him on his last trip to the World in September 2016.

View attachment 594127

On October 1, 2021 ~ the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World ~ my daddy left for his heavenly home.

My heart is breaking. Finishing this report was my tribute to him. My beloved Woody is taking me to my happy place in a few days for some much-needed R & R.

Sweet memories will accompany me there. ❤️
I so sorry for your loss. I know just how you feel. Hope going to Disney will help…😞

ToInfinity

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know our Disney trip after my mom passed was very helpful and therapeutic for us. I hope yours will be the same. 💚

Megbutnotmegan

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your father. I hope your next trip brings you love and comfort. You bring so much joy to others through your reports and I hope you feel that joy returned to you in your happy place ❤️

tommcp516

So sorry for your loss, Tuvalu, and my condolences to your family.

That was a beautiful tribute and it sounds like you'll have plenty of cherished memories to recall every time you visit the parks in times ahead.

dizfan917

oh no. I'm so very sorry to hear about your father. when my mom died (just before her 64th birthday) I stumbled across this quote:

Everything that has a beginning has an end.
Make your peace with that and all will be well.

It helped to remind me that nothing is forever and made me hold even tighter to all the memories I'll always have of her. She and dad took my brother and I on our first (and I think only...) vacation in 1977 to WDW! I still remember that one and only trip with her. How lucky you were to share so many wonderful vacation memories with your dad.

love to the whole TOOVALOO troop. ❤️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in October 2017 and one of my favourite memories, just before he was called away, was sharing photos of my August 2017 Disney trip with him and hearing his laugh. Precious memories to cherish ❤️.
Jean Yoon Kc GIF by Kim's Convenience

I so sorry for your loss. I know just how you feel. Hope going to Disney will help…😞
Thank you. ❤️
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know our Disney trip after my mom passed was very helpful and therapeutic for us. I hope yours will be the same. 💚
So glad that your trip eased some of your grief. Your mom raised beautiful daughters and left behind a sweet legacy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom