Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Epilogue

I did not intend to take so long to complete my summer trip report. Thanks for bearing with me and for persevering to the end.

Over the last few months I helped care for the man who first brought me to Walt Disney World, way back in July 1972.

08B4152C-0A04-4DDE-96D5-B1A0EE45F75B.png

He loved the Hall of Presidents. The Skyway. The 360-degree America the Beautiful film. The Contemporary. River Country.

He never missed a performance of the Voices of Liberty in the AA rotunda. He always sat on the floor. (This typically following a hibachi lunch “in Japan.”) Soarin’ amazed him.

He was there the day his 15-year-old grandson was in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire ~ and cheered in disbelief when his 12-year-old grandson replaced his brother in that same Hot Seat.

An animal lover, he appreciated Animal Kingdom more than anyone else in the family. And he was proud to be one of the first guests to ride Everest, in spite of his vertigo.

I was blessed to accompany him on his last trip to the World in September 2016.

D20B986C-AA71-48F1-B1F7-F9F5CD332419.png

On October 1, 2021 ~ the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World ~ my daddy left for his heavenly home.

My heart is breaking. Finishing this report was my tribute to him. My beloved Woody is taking me to my happy place in a few days for some much-needed R & R.

Sweet memories will accompany me there. ❤️

luvinthemajik

Epilogue

I did not intend to take so long to complete my summer trip report. Thanks for bearing with me and for persevering to the end.

Over the last few months I helped care for the man who first brought me to Walt Disney World, way back in July 1972.

View attachment 594126

He loved the Hall of Presidents. The Skyway. The 360-degree America the Beautiful film. The Contemporary. River Country.

He never missed a performance of the Voices of Liberty in the AA rotunda. He always sat on the floor. (This typically following a hibachi lunch “in Japan.”) Soarin’ amazed him.

He was there the day his 15-year-old grandson was in the Hot Seat at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire ~ and cheered in disbelief when his 12-year-old grandson replaced his brother in that same Hot Seat.

An animal lover, he appreciated Animal Kingdom more than anyone else in the family. And he was proud to be one of the first guests to ride Everest, in spite of his vertigo.

View attachment 594127

On October 1, 2021 ~ the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World ~ my daddy left for his heavenly home.

My heart is breaking. Finishing this report was my tribute to him. My beloved Woody is taking me to my happy place in a few days for some much-needed R & R.

I'm terribly sorry for you and your family. That very moving tribute made me feel your Dad's beautiful spirit,and his daughter's admiration.
May the upcoming journey to your Happy Place bring joy and peace to your heart.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN

So sorry for your loss. Glad you have so many happy memories with him and were able to spend time with him and care for him these last couple months.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

What a lovely tribute to your dad. Condolences to you all.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

I'm very sorry for your loss, friend. All the memories and joy shared together with your Dad, at your happy place, will always be in your heart and during all your future WDW visits.

Love the beautiful photos of you and your Dad at WDW, thank you for sharing them with us, and for this very special Tribute Trip Report. ❤️

pkkurz

So sorry for your loss. My Dad and I shared a love of Disney too. He brought me to the world the first time in June of 1972. He passed in 2000 and I often remember moments we shared. He dearly loved fireworks (surprise, so do I) and he would not believe how the castle shows have evolved. The projections would have blown him away. Enjoy your upcoming trip, it will be nostalgic.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

I am at a loss of words to describe this incredible tribute to your father. My condolences to you and yours.

Songbird76

Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

I'm so so sorry for your loss. There must be so many incredible memories for you to share. What was your favorite Disney moment with him?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Now I have some insight into your love of the parks, as well as your kindness to others, and your sense of fun adventures. Your dad was a wonderful and generous family man, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as the expression goes.

That said, very sorry to hear of his passing, and please accept my sincere sympathies to you, and your entire family.

amjt660

Premium Member
Sorry for your loss - I know it has been a struggle for you over the past few months
My heart aches for you and all I can do is send my condolences and thoughts.

But I must add that your tribute to him was amazing and truly shows his spirit/passion/caring heart.
@MinnieM123 just said it best about the apple and the tree

I can only dream that I am able to have a similar positive impact on my daughters.

Max

Zipadeelady

Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

This is the perfect place to put such a beautiful memorial for him due to his love of Disney. The fact that he loved Animal Kingdom now gives me hope for you. ;) The loss of a father forever leaves a whole in your soul. Reading about him has brought tears to my eyes.

cgersic

Isn't it amazing how someone I haven't met personally yet can make me cry? As I think you know, I'm taking care of mine now and what a blessing it is. I'm going to have to go through my old Disney photos and hoping I find one that is such a treasure as yours 😍 I'm glad you are going to spend some time there and get to relive some of your old memories with him. I'm sending loving supportive thoughts to you and your family and I can't wait to hug you in person!
Fathers Day Dad GIF by Pusheen

erstwo

Epilogue

View attachment 594126

View attachment 594127

Such a beautiful tribute. My deepest condolences. From my experience, it never gets easier - but the memories get sweeter. May his memory be a blessing.

eb3257

I am so sorry about your Dad. I love the tribute that you wrote to your Dad and how you included all of his Disney favorites. I hope you get to relax on your upcoming trip and get to enjoy one of his favorite spots or rides while you are there in his memory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom