A New Disney Theme Park Resort (Open Brainstorming)

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
So is it safe to say we're sticking with Pacific Northwest? Wikkler is correct about Pocahontas not fitting. Maybe it could be an original dark ride, or Brother Bear, which better fits the theme. We should each tackle a different attraction.

-River Rapids Ride
-Log Flume (not Splash Mountain)
-Dark Ride
-Nature's Wonderland/Mine Train
-Country Bear Jamboree (could just be a clone)

I wouldn't mind doing the Dark Ride, unless somebody else wants to. Also, does anybody have ideas for attractions that haven't been mentioned?

orlando678-

I had one more idea maybe:
-Spirit of the wild: an elaborate SFX show, similar in scale to the Atlantis walkthrough in Islands of Adventure. I imagined the facade being a Mount Rushmore of wild animals with the giant heads of a bear, eagle, wolf & elk carved into the granite rockwork.

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
That idea reminds me of the Spirit Lodge at Knott's Bery Farm, which is also set in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe we could have a theater venue capable of switching out many different shows. For example, Chaparral Theater at Disneyland Paris has held an SFX show, a stunt show, and other very diverse types of shows (in our park, I would like all shows to fit the theme of the land.)

orlando678-

But you do understand that this is more of a walkthrough with different show scenes and not a mountain facade with a theatre behind it right?

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
Oohhh! I realize that now. I didn't realize you were referring to the Poseidon attraction. I'm not entirely familiar with Islands of Adventure. That sounds great, as long as it fits the theme.

orlando678-

I thought maybe it could show like the northern lights with the animals in it , similar to brother bear's scene. I'm not sure if it's an actual brother bear ride but it could be a possibility

orlando678-

I don't know why but the log flume keeps on giving my ideas with Bigfoot, but the problem is, is that it doesn't fit at all. I have no real ideas for a log flume now

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
I think Bigfoot fits perfectly. Sasquatch has long been associated with the Pacific Northwest.

I have started work on the dark ride, and I actually started developing a Brother Bear ride, but then I thought that a show and a walkthrough would work better. So I decided that for a dark ride, perhaps it could be something more along the lines of history/pioneers, like the Oregon Trail or Lewis and Clark.

TheKarnivalKid

For the Lewis and Clark ride, you could use the Lewis and Clark rapids ride concept.
disney-america-raft.jpg

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
TheKarnivalKid, that's a great idea! That was what I was originally thinking of when I thought of the rapids ride, because of the cancelled America park. I think we have a run-down now (tentative names):

-Lewis and Clark River Rapids (E ticket)
-Bigfoot Falls (log flume) (E ticket)
-Country Bear Jamboree (D ticket)
-Geyser Mountain (E ticket)
-Native American Village
----Tlingit Canoes (B Ticket)
----Brother Bear Stage (B Ticket)
----Native American Playground (A Ticket)
-Journey to the West (dark ride) (E ticket)
-Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland (D ticket)
-Spirit of the Wild (D ticket)
-Columbia Theater (C ticket)
-River Steamboats (C ticket)
-Fort Vancouver (A ticket)

That's a lot of attractions! In real life, a park wouldn't start on opening day with this many attractions in one land, but we don't need to worry about being realistic.

Last edited:

TheKarnivalKid

Personally, I would rather see the cancelled Western River Expedition than a Bigfoot flume, but I am in no way opposed to the Bigfoot theme. I can't wait to see these ideas get fully thought out (ride scenes, maps, concept art, etc.)

orlando678-

I'm not sure but maybe the journey to the westt could include some scenes from the western river expedition.
Also I kinda miss the nature's wonderland mine train which would be perfect if you had like one part animals and nature while the other part would be a bit kiddie coaster.

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
Personally, I would rather see the cancelled Western River Expedition than a Bigfoot flume, but I am in no way opposed to the Bigfoot theme. I can't wait to see these ideas get fully thought out (ride scenes, maps, concept art, etc.)

I would love to see that, but it sadly would not fit the theme.

Is it too late for me to join in on this?

Of course not! Everyone is welcome.

I'm not sure but maybe the journey to the westt could include some scenes from the western river expedition.
Also I kinda miss the nature's wonderland mine train which would be perfect if you had like one part animals and nature while the other part would be a bit kiddie coaster.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Even though there are already a lot of attractions, I think we could squeeze that in. I was thinking, since Tom Sawyer's Island doesn't fit the theme, we could replace it with the Mine Train. You would board on one side of the river, go under, and then the bulk of the ride would be on the island, similar to Paris' Big THunder Mountain. I'll edit the attraction list.

Anyway, for now, here's a (tentative) map:
Pacific%2BNorthwest%2BFrontierland.png

Geyser Mountain is a Tower of Terror-style ride.

Last edited:

Darth_Disney

Original Poster
Sorry I've been gone. I was on a cruise to Mexico. Anyway, I've thought about it, and I've decided that we probably don't need to go into detail about the attractions. After all, we have an entire resort to attend to!

Next, I think we should work on Adventureland. My thoughts are for an Adventureland similar to Hong Kong or Paris that has a major water feature. I especially like the way e Jungle Cruise is set up in Hong Kong. Thoughts?

orlando678-

I hope you enjoyed!!

and for adventureland, I'd personally like to see Neverland for the first time since it was almost completely there in Paris or maybe something like Shanghai has with Treasure cove, but I just want to see a new kind of adventureland. Maybe more Polynesian presence or more Asian presence. Or something a bit more similar to this but with more and different rides http://idealbuildout.blogspot.nl/2014/12/the-2015-project-adventureland-build-out.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom