A New Disney Theme Park Resort (Open Brainstorming)

Sam Magic

Main Street

My fleshed-out plan for Main Street would be to have sort of a mix between 1920's and Victorian; that is, there would be unified, transitional Victorian architecture throughout, but one side (the side nearest Discoveryland) would be more modernized and Jazzy, while the other, nearest Frontierland (I'm thinking of using Paris' layout, roughly), would be more rustic and Victorian. A compromise between the excitement of the 20's and the charm of the Victorian age.

For attractions, I think that, of course, barber shop, vehicles, train depot...the traditional things. However, on one side, I would like an electric railway that runs through the sidestreet and the arcade. Not necessarily visible for most of the length of Main Street, because that would be distracting, I think.

I don't think we need to worry about shops, restaurants.

The hub should be circular and tree-lined, like the traditional Disneylands. I do want the entrances to the lands, however, to be more spread-out. Especially in Anaheim, the lands are crowding in on the peacefulness of the Hub. Also, I love the idea that Paris has of moving the Plaza stage over so that its not in the way of the bridge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to sound like a hometown booster, but this sounds like New Orleans to me. So you want a New Orleans like Main Street?

orlando678-

Main Street

My fleshed-out plan for Main Street would be to have sort of a mix between 1920's and Victorian; that is, there would be unified, transitional Victorian architecture throughout, but one side (the side nearest Discoveryland) would be more modernized and Jazzy, while the other, nearest Frontierland (I'm thinking of using Paris' layout, roughly), would be more rustic and Victorian. A compromise between the excitement of the 20's and the charm of the Victorian age.

For attractions, I think that, of course, barber shop, vehicles, train depot...the traditional things. However, on one side, I would like an electric railway that runs through the sidestreet and the arcade. Not necessarily visible for most of the length of Main Street, because that would be distracting, I think.

I don't think we need to worry about shops, restaurants.

The hub should be circular and tree-lined, like the traditional Disneylands. I do want the entrances to the lands, however, to be more spread-out. Especially in Anaheim, the lands are crowding in on the peacefulness of the Hub. Also, I love the idea that Paris has of moving the Plaza stage over so that its not in the way of the bridge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not to sound like a hometown booster, but this sounds like New Orleans to me. So you want a New Orleans like Main Street?

I don't think he means that, but actually if he would, I think I would still find it awesome, because it's unique

Paris
--Be Our Guest
--Enchanted Tales with Belle
Corona
--Rapunzel's Tower
--Kingdom Dance
--Snuggly Duckling
Atlantica / Eric's Kingdom
--Ariel's Undersea Voyage
I also fixed the locations simply because they were said in the film. [/QUOTE]

I don't think beauty and the beast takes place in Paris

Sam Magic

I don't think he means that, but actually if he would, I think I would still find it awesome, because it's unique

Paris
--Be Our Guest
Corona
--Rapunzel's Tower
--Kingdom Dance
--Snuggly Duckling
I also fixed the locations simply because they were said in the film.

I don't think beauty and the beast takes place in Paris[/QUOTE]
New Orleans would be very unique and different, but it is a hard thing in some ways to recreate.

I think B&B takes place in the French Country, not Paris.

tcool

Paris
--Be Our Guest
Corona
--Rapunzel's Tower
--Kingdom Dance
--Snuggly Duckling
I also fixed the locations simply because they were said in the film.

I don't think beauty and the beast takes place in Paris[/QUOTE]
Strange I could've sworn it was in Paris well in the very least it takes place in France... I think I assumed Paris because Belle appeared in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

orlando678-

Yes but that's a cameo. I don't really see that as a real thing since Tiana also appeared in Frozen and there's a big difference in time between Frozen and PatF

Sam Magic

I don't think beauty and the beast takes place in Paris
Strange I could've sworn it was in Paris well in the very least it takes place in France... I think I assumed Paris because Belle appeared in Hunchback of Notre Dame.[/QUOTE]
I'm almost positive its French Country, it couldn't be Paris because historical limitations would have to be applied.

orlando678-

Both Tiana and Rapunzel are in it
Disney-Princesses-In-Frozen.jpg

7163048f90497d0b1c63a01302314e07.jpg

tcool

I think what may be tripping you guys up is the castle in DLP, it looks very similar to the Beasts.
No positive it was because Hunchback...Anyways I just saw the picture of Tiana, Rapunzel, and Cinderella.

The first would be time period.
Actually there's a theory all Disney Movies are connected. You find out some characters can time travel :
tumblr_mla0yzkAMd1s4zjvuo1_500.jpg

Madam Mim challenged Oddie
lamp_9788.jpg

Oddie still has to place the lamp in Cave of Wonders...

So there's a chance Oddie sent Tiana there on a mission or something

Sam Magic

No positive it was because Hunchback...Anyways I just saw the picture of Tiana, Rapunzel, and Cinderella.

Actually there's a theory all Disney Movies are connected. You find out some characters can time travel :
tumblr_mla0yzkAMd1s4zjvuo1_500.jpg

Madam Mim challenged Oddie
lamp_9788.jpg

Oddie still has to place the lamp in Cave of Wonders...

So there's a chance Oddie sent Tiana there on a mission or something
Ah Fan Theories...the most pointless waste of time invented by humanity.

orlando678-

Any reason why Goofy Mickey and Donald are in Atlantica?

Any reason why the flying carpet is in New Orleans and in Paris?

Any reason why Mrs Potts and Chip are in the African jungles?

tcool

Any reason why Goofy Mickey and Donald are in Atlantica?

Any reason why the flying carpet is in New Orleans and in Paris?

Any reason why Mrs Potts and Chip are in the African jungles?
1. I've got nothing:p
2. Same reason it's in Hunchback of Notre Dame it's been passed down generation by generation after the magi went away, or tales of Aladdin got lose and they made replicas of his carpet.
3. Mrs Potts and Chip are in Africa after being passed down generations from Belle to Jane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom