A Mission:Space notice and a concern

rjew

This is definately a subject that irks me. I see parents allowing their kids do the most amazing things. It's not that the kids are doing it - kids will be kids and test their environment - it's that the parents don't react/discipline/teach the kids.

We have 3 kids, 2 of which are very active boys. They test us, but they know that when we say STOP, that they better listen or else. We have proven to them that we will do the "or else". I've pulled them out of public places and taken them home. They also know that direct defiance means their rear-end pays the price. We're not mean, just we feel that if they don't learn self-control then they need to know there is a consequence. Learning that lesson now through loving parents is a LOT easier than learning it later. Our prayer is that by the time they are teen-agers and young adults they won't act like the kids that were destroying the Haunted Mansion. It's my opinion that these teens are looking for someone to love them enough to teach them what is right and wrong.

It's the same parents that won't teach their kids, that will be the first to sue. I think companies should be able to counter-sue the parents for the kids wrecking their infrastructure. I bet if parents knew they would be liable for their kids behaviour, then we'd see a BIG improvement in children's actions.

Sorry for the rant - I needed to get that off my chest.
Thanks

SamatBCV

Originally posted by rjew
It's the same parents that won't teach their kids, that will be the first to sue. I think companies should be able to counter-sue the parents for the kids wrecking their infrastructure. I bet if parents knew they would be liable for their kids behaviour, then we'd see a BIG improvement in children's actions.

I thing that is a GREAT idea. :sohappy:

MicBat

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Yeah... the kids at Grad Night can be TERRORS to the park. Destroying anything and everythring, and rieking havoc everywhere. *sigh*

Yeah! Definitely. Throughout the night, I saw about 10 fights, heard a lot of obscene conversations, and saw a riot about to form! It just goes to show what happens when you get a bunch of teenagers w/o parents together. It makes you realize the people you saw as troblemakers aren't really that bad.

The thing that urks me is when you see about 20 kids running through those fountain things with all of their clothes on drenching wet with only 1 or 2 sets of parents there watching them all! Where are the rest of the parents?! :veryconfu

Figment1986

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
It's not too hard for teenagers (or even smaller kids working together) to get on top of Living Seas and walk all the way to the top, yet Disney has never done anything about it. I don't see why M:S would be any different.
and how do you know this and how do they actually get up their??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom