A Mission:Space notice and a concern

Horizons1

Original Poster
I went to EPCOT today*to see the Christmas lights as well as M:S*anyways i walked up to the doors on the side near WOL and could see lights on inside and i believe movement *this was at night* They do have a black cloth up over the doors but you can still see the lights on inside.Now for my concern, when i walked over there,some kids were climbing up the curved area and jumping off but as soon as i walked over they ran off.So my question is,is Disney going to do anything to keep people off the curved area.Because someone could easily fall or slip and get hurt because of their own stupidity. Just wondering....

Jerm

Yes Disney is going to put a spiel outside saying don't climb on the dumb thing, that parents should keep there kids off of in the first place.......and it will be done in like 5 diffrent ways so everyone can understand it. It will even be done really slow so the people that think they can jump off of a moving ride can understand:hammer: Why is it always Disneys job to take care of this stuff?????
Wow I really thank my mom for teaching me what I should and should not be on, how to follow directions, and just the overall understanding that I do not live in a magic world where no matter what I do I will always be safe... I sware in 5 years all ground in any theme park will have to be that foamy stuff so no one can fall, trip, or do anything that might harm them. I am sorry for my rant but I worked in a theme park for 7 years and saw everything from a simple trip and fall to someone dying right in front of me. I am not saying that everything could be stopped but a great number of lawsuites and just over all accidents could be helped, if people just took two seconds and understode that they need to take the responsability for there actons in a theme park just like in the outside world. If that were to happen we would not have to listen to lame spiels on every attraction about sitting and not getting up and out of the car and there would not be air gates going in to every attraction......come on people Its a small World has water right in front of you do you need a gate to tell you not to step into the water????????

Just my 2 cents,
J

cymbaldiva

Doubt it seriously!

Kids climb on things they shouldn't all of the time at Disney. While one would think that their parents would be watching out for them, apparently they're not...

IMHO Disney should do everything humanly possible to control what and where children can climb upon - Unfortunately we do live in a very lawsuit happy world, and Disney will end up paying for not doing the job that the parents should be doing anyway....

:mad:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Jerm
Why is it always Disneys job to take care of this stuff?????

Cos if they don't, Disney will end up getting sued because some smart ar*e parent will decide that although common sense says children shouldn't be on the thing in the first place - because there aren't any notices then it must be OK and when little Johnny breaks his neck it must be Disney who are responsible

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Cos if they don't, Disney will end up getting sued because some smart ar*e parent will decide that although common sense says children shouldn't be on the thing in the first place - because there aren't any notices then it must be OK and when little Johnny breaks his neck it must be Disney who are responsible

Very well said Captain Hook!!

Testtrack321

There will be CM's everywhere with lots of people. I'm guessing that they will also put benches around there to distract those who would climb up there.

Horizons1

Original Poster
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
because there aren't any notices then it must be OK and when little Johnny breaks his neck it must be Disney who are responsible
Is this the same little Johnny who rented out the pavilion for his 6th birthday?:hammer:

MicBat

Originally posted by Horizons1
Is this the same little Johnny who rented out the pavilion for his 6th birthday?:hammer:

No, it wasn't me... It was my friend, Timmy. :lol: :hammer:

goofyman

Originally posted by Jerm
Yes Disney is going to put a spiel outside saying don't climb on the dumb thing, that parents should keep there kids off of in the first place.......and it will be done in like 5 diffrent ways so everyone can understand it. It will even be done really slow so the people that think they can jump off of a moving ride can understand:hammer: Why is it always Disneys job to take care of this stuff?????
Wow I really thank my mom for teaching me what I should and should not be on, how to follow directions, and just the overall understanding that I do not live in a magic world where no matter what I do I will always be safe... I sware in 5 years all ground in any theme park will have to be that foamy stuff so no one can fall, trip, or do anything that might harm them. I am sorry for my rant but I worked in a theme park for 7 years and saw everything from a simple trip and fall to someone dying right in front of me. I am not saying that everything could be stopped but a great number of lawsuites and just over all accidents could be helped, if people just took two seconds and understode that they need to take the responsability for there actons in a theme park just like in the outside world. If that were to happen we would not have to listen to lame spiels on every attraction about sitting and not getting up and out of the car and there would not be air gates going in to every attraction......come on people Its a small World has water right in front of you do you need a gate to tell you not to step into the water????????

Just my 2 cents,
J

I'm with ya on this one!:hammer:

Kids are so rude these days...I can almost BET they didn't do such things when they were building Horizons!!! Kids were good back then!:lol:

jmarc63

Originally posted by niceguy621
Kids are so rude these days...I can almost BET they didn't do such things when they were building Horizons!!! Kids were good back then!:lol:

"I weep for the future"
snooty maitre d' at chez paul (ferris bullers day off)

Monorail Lime

It's not too hard for teenagers (or even smaller kids working together) to get on top of Living Seas and walk all the way to the top, yet Disney has never done anything about it. I don't see why M:S would be any different.

TomDisney

Originally posted by Horizons1
ISo my question is,is Disney going to do anything to keep people off the curved area.

The newest thing which has not been highly publicized so far and is part of the upgrades to EPCOT is the installation of 10 foot spikes on all walls. The minute that anyone is detected on this walls, the spikes will shoot out and impale any would be violator. It is hoped that this will deter any future people from doing the same thing and Disney will only have to settle one lawsuit rather than 100 thereby saving even more money. :lol: :fork:

SamatBCV

I completely agree with you Jerm!!!! Working in a company that deals with insurance, I never stop being amazed at how people will find new ways to NOT be responsible for themselves. :veryconfu

While I appreciate the joke earlier about kids today, its really not them, its the parents. If the kids are too young to be responsible for themselves, then parents should be responsible for them.

Invero

As a CM... I can ASSURE you... the NUMBER ONE thing that people leave behind...

*drumroll*

COMMON SENSE.

I can't tell you how many times I see lil kids swinging and playing on queue lines... an accident waiting to happen. When I go up to the kid, and ask them to stop... the parent then goes, "Oh, I was just about to say that." Riiiiight. That's why the kid's been doing it the past 5 mins as I watch from my bus.

The other day, I had a parent place one of those portable carseat baby carrier thingies on top of the wheelwell of the low floor bus, and then go sit down. If I hadn't seen that... and had to slam on my brakes, or take a sharp corner, that baby would have went flying.

Simmilar situation... I had a small child climb up on there tonight, with the help of his father. I told him that he needed to get down, that it was very dangerous up there. The father then went, "Yeah, I thought it might be."

:hammer: :brick:

kennyj29

This is a subject that irks me also. I've seen parents leave baby carriers at Fantasmic on the bench in front of them. They knocked the baby over during the show and the poor thing was screaming.......they sat and watched the show like nothing was going on..........what the ????? I've seen kids running all over the front of the pavilions and fall down and get hurt. But my son said the thing that bothered him was on grad night. He said the teenagers had no respect at all for the attractions. He said the Haunted Mansion had to be left open at the elevator because the kids were hanging on the gargoils head and pulling at anything they could get their hands on. He was so upset to see that because he was raised on Disney and has the utmost respect for their rides and attractions!! We are so flabargasted by the way parents are today. I would have taken my child by the hand and yelled at him not to do something like that. What are parents thinking of?:hammer:

Invero

Yeah... the kids at Grad Night can be TERRORS to the park. Destroying anything and everythring, and rieking havoc everywhere. *sigh*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom