A mini Disney Trip!

TinkaBella

Where to start for a 3-4 day magical trip? What would you choose to do and stay? It'll be a short trip but of course still want it to be memorable and special. So going to Magic Kingdom is a must!

DisneyPrincess5

Yay! So fun to plan any kind of Disney trip. The shorter ones are some of the funnest to planning my experience as you’re challenged to pick and choose and every plan has to be juuuuust right.

If it were me, I’d plan to go to MK twice, Epcot once, and AK half day, with staying at a resort in the area of MK or the Boardwalk. I wouldn’t eat at any ADRs so I could eat when I wanted and not be held to a time commitment. And I’d do all the EMH I could.

Happy planning and have a great time.

Upvote 0

Allym146

I just came back from a trip where we did 3 park days. We had a hopper and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. We also had my sisters 2 young kids so our plan was good, but not exactly what I'd choose if on my own or just with my husband.
Day 1: Epcot til 2 with breakfast adr at Askerhus, boat to HS and then I left my party at 7:30 for AK just to ride FOP
Day 2: AK til 3 then break at resort and MK at 5:30 til close (no adr that day)
Day 3: MK til 4 with breakfast adr at BOG then break at resort and Epcot at 7 til close

That's how we split the park days. We had almost a full day upon arrival and departure but we did other things not park related.

Upvote 0

Ms.Sunshine

My last trip was 3 days as well. It was my daughter's first time (she was 2 months short of 5 yrs old). We did MK on the first day (I wanted to start the trip out with a bang), AK on the second day and Epcot on the last day. We didn't leave the parks for breaks, but chose to sit in a quiet spot and rest, have a cool treat/drink.
We stayed at AKL. It was amazing and the whole family loved it! Sadly, our trip was too short to really enjoy the resort, but my husband and I snuck away to have dinner at Boma while my MIL stood in the room with the little one and watched Up.:p

Upvote 0

LIMA TIME

We just came back from a really short trip, and we stayed at POP century. it was fun, and mostly close to everything. MK and EPCOT is where I'd go!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Depending on your preferences of course, I would plan a full day each at MK and Epcot and 1/2 day each at DHS and AK. Make sure you plan your "must do's" and pick your favorite places to eat, shop and visit. Since this is a short trip planning carefully is a must and having a backup plan would also be smart because of any unforeseen changes.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

When we do our short weekend trips we try to book at an Epcot resort so that we can walk to two parks. When we arrive on day one we walk through International Gateway to see some of Epcot (And stop at Rose & Crown for a beer) and go to monorail over to Magic Kingdom. We then do the same on our last day. Spend some time in Epcot then monorail it over in the evening for Magic Kingdom. We choose our time at the other two parks based on what the kiddies are in the mood for. We have actually done two trips where we planned it the same week we would be there. Last minute can be very exciting to book. Even with no FP's or dining ressies.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MK and EP would be the ones I'd focus the most of my time on, both have plenty to experience and still you will miss out on a lot. With a short trip the time will seem to fly by fast so I'd get up early, stay late and fit in as much as I could in the time I had. Planning out the most desired things to attack early and focus on those things that will be most memorable for you. Dining at QS will save time but if you want to dine at TS then choose your times wisely and menu selections ahead of time to save time. Take advantage of any EMH that may be available. Familiarize yourself with the park maps to plan out the most efficient routes to pass from one attraction to the next or park section to another so youre not wasting time backtracking.

Upvote 0

jimbojones

In 4 days you can give every Park a full day and frankly with HS being what it is right now in three days you can give a full day to each of the other parks and not miss anything . I actually think 4 days is about perfect if you aren't doing water parks. I think Mk and AK deserve a full day each and you can split day three by starting at HS in the morning and park hoping to epcot for the afternoon and evening.

For a short trip I splurge on a deluxe for quick Park access

Upvote 0

LAinSFLA

Short trips are fun!! Where to stay depends on your budget. I would stay at a monorail resort or an Epcot resort. Easy access and quick rest if needed. If you can power through a 14 hr day at Disney, pick anywhere and focus in on your rest areas...rose and crown, AK bar etc. have fun and do as much as you can and enjoy it. Don’t be focused on what you didn’t do, enjoy what you did.

ADR can be strategically done. Maybe start with a breakfast one day and do an early dinner the next. That early dinner could be a break/rest. I am sure Epcot will have a festival going on, so that could be a nice eat and then rest around the worlds. Our last trip was all about characters and things we never do. So we spent our day at MK on Tom Sawyer Island, Swiss Family, etc and went to Epcot and did all the characters and a passport. It was fun for us and relaxing over a weekend.

Upvote 0

TinkaBella

Original Poster
In 4 days you can give every Park a full day and frankly with HS being what it is right now in three days you can give a full day to each of the other parks and not miss anything . I actually think 4 days is about perfect if you aren't doing water parks. I think Mk and AK deserve a full day each and you can split day three by starting at HS in the morning and park hoping to epcot for the afternoon and evening.

For a short trip I splurge on a deluxe for quick Park access
I think you could be right! I've never been to the water parks!

Upvote 0

TinkaBella

Original Poster
Thank you ALL!! This trip will probably happen April 2018!! It'll be just a short get away...my BF has never been to Disney and that is going to change!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom