A long time Disney fan turns sour!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The exact quote said “Having trouble finding decent restaurants that do not require 2 table service meals”.

Right. Then without collecting more information, you made up a story to use to shame them with pretty much calling this person a liar and ignoring context and ignoring relevant facts which you still do not even know.

1tsMRSU.gif

Disneyhead'71

Yes, I can give several examples.. I’ll stick to just a few.

1. Cruise lines. You mentioned these, but the complaints aren’t coming because of the large ships. People are complaining because now when you cruise- there are several additional cost items that weren’t there before. Several restaurants, certain activities etc. much higher gratuities as well.
Daily Dining Planning is supposedly required (according to the internet). I purchased a dining package for my cruise, booked restaurants every night, and also booked 3 shows in advance, 1 was an additional cost. I started to feel boxed in.. cancelled my dining package and all reservations with the exception of the Cirque show. I only ate at one upcharge restaurant, without reservations.
The “complimentary” restaurants were good, I enjoyed all of them..also without reservations. I never felt like I was missing out by not dining at the other upcharge restaurants.

2. Resort Fees. These have risen over the past few years. I always find it odd that people talk about Disney prices so much, as I said earlier, with the exception of a few specific resorts and room categories, the great majority of Disney resorts are not “luxury priced”- not when comparing luxury hotels in a prime location, and Disney resorts include a lot more than the majority of luxury resorts.
I left Disney last month and stayed at a luxury hotel one night pre cruise.. my room was expensive, my parking was $40..resort fee + WiFi would be another $40. That’s one night. No transportation included, restaurants priced much higher than most at Disney resorts. Oh, and if you want to enter the spa on the hotel’s property- it’s an additional cost.

3. Amusement parks. People complain and complain about dining plans and Fast Lane/Express Pass. These did not exist a decade ago. They also have much shorter operating hours compared to past years.

For every complaint that we are seeing in this thread about Disney, you can find the same on cruise critic, on Facebook, on trip advisor etc.. whether it’s a cruise or resorts..or an amusement park.

So many want to complain..and complain..and complain some more about “how things have changed”. At some point we just have to accept it... or stop going to places that we feel are not a good value.
Most of all, people need to stop worrying about what other guests are doing.

There are never ending complaints about “greedy Disney” because of upcharge events. This is common almost everywhere now! If one is focusing on their own trip then they’re not missing out. It shouldn’t matter what someone else is choosing to do. Things change, additional charges/options will be added.
I stopped going the 12 miles to WDW in 2010. I bought a pass this year because I had a little extra cash.

I won't be renewing when it expires.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I was merely pointing out they didn't seem to be a shortage of eating availability. As far as places that take 2 dining credits, I only know of 2 and those are usually tough to get into.

21stamps

Right. Then without collecting more information, you made up a story to use to shame them with pretty much calling this person a liar and ignoring context and ignoring relevant facts which you still do not even know.

1tsMRSU.gif

Do you realize that everyone can read these posts, you can’t change them once they exist.
Go back and read your posts if you’re having a tough time remembering what you just wrote.

You brought up “what about in the parks”
I just checked. There’s a total of 5 restaurants between 4 parks which actually require 2 credits.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Do you realize that everyone can read these posts, you can’t change them once they exist.
Go back and read your posts if you’re having a tough time remembering what you just wrote.

I just checked. There’s a total of 5 restaurants between 4 parks which actually require 2 credits.

That's correct, I was using arbitrary context to show that you do not have relevant data. My post history is explicit and intentional.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

I just checked also, was surprised, but then again it is a while since I have used dining plan.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Honestly same. Anytime I have friends in town, I'm not interested unless they're going to Disney Springs one night. Much less hassle and a much more fun time to be had

I actually dislike The Springs so much that I'd rather have an AP. If they have a car though, ANYWHERE BUT THE BUBBLE! :joyfull:

Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger

Relax, sporky. First of all, she didn’t; I did. Second: it was less “making up a story” and more “using a random example.”

The very first random date I looked up in April had plenty of availability at dinner time.

There is no reasonable expectation of 100 percent availability at every park at all hours. That’s ridiculous.

And if she is going in the first week of April, that’s Easter. Set your expectations even lower. That’s not a problem, that’s life. That’s not anything Disney is doing wrong. That’s life.

Sometimes, you can’t get your way. It will be alright.

21stamps

Relax, sporky. First of all, she didn’t; I did. Second: it was less “making up a story” and more “using a random example.”

The very first random date I looked up in April had plenty of availability at dinner time.

There is no reasonable expectation of 100 percent availability at every park at all hours. That’s ridiculous.

And if she is going in the first week of April, that’s Easter. Set your expectations even lower. That’s not a problem, that’s life. That’s not anything Disney is doing wrong. That’s life.

Sometimes, you can’t get your way. It will be alright.

Wait, are you saying that if I book a vacation during a major holiday... then I might expect to experience high crowds and limited reservations.. at any popular travel destination?

I might have to actually realize that I’m not the only person who is seeking the same destination, entertainment, and restaurants??!!

Who can I blame for this inconvenience? It must be someone’s fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom