A little help with Fast Pass

phllymouse

Original Poster
I am a little confused with Fastpass.

What are the rules?

I know you can only have one fast pass until the time for that Fast pass is ready to be used.

However, I know there is an exception. When we went two years ago we got a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. at 9:30am, to be used at 4pm. The system let us get another Fast pass for Tower, during this time. So there is an exception. What is that rule? Any help? Thanks in advance.

MillerPoppins

You can get another fast pass two hours after you get the first one. Although I do remember being able to get one quicker then that in the morning if I'm not correct. :confused: But the two hours fact is definite.

Gee70

I think it depends on the demand of the last FP you have gotten... Like TSM and Soarin... if you get their late you will def'ly be getting a really late return which gives you a "sooner" time to be able to get another FP... but most of the time the standard is 2 hour just as MillerPoppins have stated :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Fastpass is issued with a one-hour window to return. The window will start at the next available slot of FPs that is available. First thing in the morning you can get FPs that are valid for use as early as a half hour later. You will be able to get another FP as soon as your current FPs' window opens or two hours later whichever comes first.

In some cases, FP machines will change the maximum limit from two hours to one if a number of other rides in the same park are not running long waits between FP issue and window, to encourage you to get FPs earlier at the less busy ride. If a ride in the same park has extremely short or no waits, they might even issue you a surprise FP for it when you get and FP at another ride.

Susan Savia

In January we went immediately to Toy Story and got fast passes, then hopped on the ride. About an hour later when our fast pass window opened, we got a second set of fast passes. Then rode using the lst set. Of course the second set was for the afternoon, but still, we got three rides that day.

Mongomil

Yup the two/one hour rule. The only other thing that I found out last time we was there was that the time on the fastpass is the earliest you can use it. We was told you can use it anytime after the time on your pass. So if you got one for 9-10am you can use it after that not just the hour window on the pass. They do prefer you to use them in the window but its not a manditory thing. But that can mess you up for getting some later in the day because you have active fastpasses.

Captain Hank

As far as I know, the system doesn't know whether or not you've used the FP. You can hold as many as you have time to get.
This is correct. The system only keeps track of when the Fastpass becomes valid, not whether it has actually been used to gain entrance into the attraction.

CleveRocks

What are the rules?

I know you can only have one fast pass until the time for that Fast pass is ready to be used.

However, I know there is an exception. When we went two years ago we got a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. at 9:30am, to be used at 4pm. The system let us get another Fast pass for Tower, during this time. So there is an exception. What is that rule? Any help? Thanks in advance.
There is a very very simple rule:
You can get another FASTPASS beginning at the start time of your FASTPASS return window OR two hours after you got the last FASTPASS, whichever is sooner.

In other words, if at 9:30 a.m. you get a FASTPASS with a return window of 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., you are eligible to get another FASTPASS beginning at 11:30 a.m. (two hours after you got the first FASTPASS).

If at 9:30 a.m. you get a FASTPASS with a return window of 10:25 a.m. to 11:25 a.m., you are eligible to get another FASTPASS beginning at 10:25 a.m. And if you're smart, what you do is get that next FASTPASS before you use the first FASTPASS. This way, some of your waiting time for the second FASTPASS ride is spent riding the first FASTPASS ride.

sbkline

According to the Unofficial Guide, one other exception is Tower of Terror. According to the Unofficial Guide, when you get a fastpass for ToT, you can get your next one in only one hour, rather than the normal two hour wait time for another fastpass.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

What are the rules?

You get a fastpass for one of the major/popular attractions. It gives you a time to come back to the attraction. In the mean time, you can eat, ride another ride, or just sit on a bench for 2 hours and wait until it's time for you to go in. Then the fastpass takes you down a seperate queue past the stand-by line. It helps get you on a popular ride faster.

Attractions with fastpasses... (copyed from allears :animwink:)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ANIMAL KINGDOM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dinosaur - DinoLand USA
Expedition Everest - Asia - FASTPASS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Kali River Rapids - Asia
Kilimanjaro Safaris - Africa
It's Tough to Be a Bug - Tree of Life
Primeval Whirl - Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAGIC KINGDOM - FASTPASS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL ATTRACTIONS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Frontierland
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - Tomorrowland
Jungle Cruise - Adventureland
Mickey's PhilharMagic - Fantasyland
Peter Pan's Flight - Fantasyland
Space Mountain - Tomorrowland
Splash Mountain - Frontierland
Winnie the Pooh - Fantasyland
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Rock N Roller Coaster
- FASTPASS RECOMMENDED
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
- FASTPASS RECOMMENDED
Toy Story Midway Mania
[/FONT] -[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] FASTPASS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Voyage of The Little Mermaid[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EPCOT [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Soarin'[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- FASTPASS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Test Track
- FASTPASS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Living with the Land
The Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
- FASTPASS RECOMMENDED
[/FONT]

TuffyCatt

For me, instead of trying to figure out if it's two hours or less until I can get my next fast pass, I find it easier just to look at the bottom of the most recent fast pass ticket. It says right there on the bottom "Another FASTPASS ticket will be available after -----" and then states the time. This way I know exactly what time the next one will be available, and don't have to worry about any of the exceptions to the 2 hour rule. :)

Captain Hank

TuffyCatt said:
For me, instead of trying to figure out if it's two hours or less until I can get my next fast pass, I find it easier just to look at the bottom of the most recent fast pass ticket. It says right there on the bottom "Another FASTPASS ticket will be available after -----" and then states the time. This way I know exactly what time the next one will be available, and don't have to worry about any of the exceptions to the 2 hour rule.
Well, sure, if you want to do it the easy way. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom