A little help here, guys. (ASAP pleasee)

Christina

MKAY. So I won a trip to FLORIDA. Not just DISNEY but FLORIDA. It was a total fluke, and I really didn't won but my brother and heeee (being the fantastic person he is) decided to take me and my sisters. Yay, triplets. But I need some help.

Okay, being as we're here in CANADA and we dont' exactly have a president, i'd like to know exactly when "President's WEEK" is going to be in 2006. I figured out that President's DAY is Feb 20th... so is it the week before or the week AFTER that you Americano's are outta school?

Please help... I only have 54 more days to pick dates!

imagineer99

A majority of students just get one day off for Presidents Day. In your case, it would be that monday, February 20th. In esslence, it becomes a long weekend (ala labor day).

Some schools (especially private ones) do not even recognize it as a holiday. My University doesn't get the day off (and we're named after George Washington, the most famous president of them all ;))

Have a fantastic trip.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I would assume that people would take advantage of the Monday holiday for a long weekend at WDW.

Some will take their kids out of school on the Friday before (2/17) or perhaps the Tue or Wed afterwards.

To be safe, I would leave before the 17th or arrive after the 24th.

Don't forget your shorts! Average temperatures in Feb are 49/73 (9/23 Cel.) :lol:

Upvote 0

swimmom

My daughter's shool has gotten wise to parents taking advantage of holidays. She actually has a half day on the 17th as well.

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

O.K. , here in the northeast many schools get the ENTIRE WEEK off! so if presidents day is on Feb 20th then the schools around here will be off that entire week. Word to the wise, WDW can be very crowded that week.

Feb.2005 we pulled the kids out of school the week before and went to WDW Feb.13-19th. Weather was great(not hot but, the kids could still use the pool), and the crowds were not too bad. Early February is the best time to go I think! We have been to WDW in February(my favorite:) ), March(pretty good), April(crowded because of spring break), July(too hot:hurl: ), August(way too hot:hurl: ), and we leave for our first October trip on the 5th!
Good Luck and have fun!!

Upvote 0

Nicole

We are going to WDW the week prior to President's Day. Be aware that the Disney Resort "seasons" change right before this weekend. It sounds like you are paying for your own lodging, so if you check in before Feb 15th (value season) you'll get a much better rate than if you check in starting the 16th (peak season). Check out all the dates and rates on Mousesavers.com.

Upvote 0

rjwalter

Feb 2004

In NY and many other northern states they give what they call is winter recess which is incorporated with Presidents day. I went to WDW in Feb 2004 from the 22nd to the 28th which was actually the week after Presidents week here in NY. The only problem was that other states don't have the same week off. Some states were actually off the week I was there. It was a little crowded but I heard the week prior was a mad house. In any case I would try to go as early in the month as possible say the week of the 7th. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Many schools in Michigan get a winter break that week, so WDW can be rather busy that week.

If you can go any time in Feb I would avoid that week.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

rjwalter said:
In NY and many other northern states they give what they call is winter recess which is incorporated with Presidents day. I went to WDW in Feb 2004 from the 22nd to the 28th which was actually the week after Presidents week here in NY. The only problem was that other states don't have the same week off. Some states were actually off the week I was there. It was a little crowded but I heard the week prior was a mad house. In any case I would try to go as early in the month as possible say the week of the 7th. Enjoy!

Our Winter recess is the week between Christmas & New Years. We have a 4 day weekend for President's Day then we have a break at Easter.
So not even all districts within the same state have the same schedules.

We have been to WDW at this time and it very nice. Have a nice trip. :wave:

Upvote 0

Connor002

:lol: For some reason I find it funny that Canada dosen't have a president's day. That made me chuckle...:lol:

DO you have a prime minister's day? :lol:

Upvote 0

Raven66

We will be going Feb.22-28 :sohappy: What I'm wondering is, because it's peak time will the parks be open late for the fireworks? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom