A little Haunted Mansion Magic...has anyone seen her?...

Thiger

Original Poster
Just got back from the world and the best point of the whole trip was the HM. In particular, at MNSSHP I was wearing an old-tymey prisoner costume and my brother was wearing a red star trek shirt.

The HM was really foggy and pretty errie on this night and we were admiring how good it looked! Then my eyes caught something or someone really spooky looking...

sitting near the mansion on a hidden bench or seat or something was a CM dressed up in a victorian outfit w/ black light face paint on which made her appear to glow like a ghost.

When she saw my brother she said 'I see you're out for good behaviour, too bad its not bad behaviour!'...I laughed. When she saw my brother (star trek mind you) she said 'A red shirt? You know that the Mansion is probably not the best place for you'!

We laughed pretty hard and because we were so rushed / hyped to see the mansion we didnt have time to take a picture. When we go out, she was gone!

Does anyone have a picture of her? It was just that touch that made riding the Mansion that much more thrilling! The new attic scene is unbelievable too! Wow wow wee!

TheBeatles

IMG_0782.jpg

Maerj

A buddy of mine just rode HM last week and said that he was very disappointed. He said that he blatantly saw strings in the Madam Leota part. Was he full of it or just having a really bad day?

joshwill

A buddy of mine just rode HM last week and said that he was very disappointed. He said that he blatantly saw strings in the Madam Leota part. Was he full of it or just having a really bad day?

i didnt see any when i rode it a few weeks ago.

interesting thing tho, when we got up to the entrance, the Cm's name was "joy".
i got a bit of a chuckle out of that, it being the HM and all. :)

Maerj

i didnt see any when i rode it a few weeks ago.

interesting thing tho, when we got up to the entrance, the Cm's name was "joy".
i got a bit of a chuckle out of that, it being the HM and all. :)

Okay, thanks, I thought he was full of crap. I've been reading all the rave reviews and didn't think that they have Madam Leota dangling on a string. I think he was just mad because his mom wasn't letting him go out drinking. :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
If you REALLY want to see the wires, and look hard enough...you'll see them.

If you just look at Leota herself...you won't notice the wires.

brkgnews

Agreed. She's funny, and kind of man-hungry :lookaroun

With that southern accent (which makes me wonder if she was originally intended for New Orleans Square in DL), she reminds me of Blanche Devereaux from Golden Girls! :lol:

primetime52

Exactly. I could see the wires both times I rode it, but I will admit that I was straining my eyes looking for them. It's easier to see the wires right when you enter the room, when you are behind and to the left of the ball. The combination of lighting and angle sort of betrays the effect at that point.

I also noticed that the effect of the floating head didn't seem to be working the first time I rode. The head was suspended off the table, but was completely stationary and thus not really "floating." The next time I rode, I noticed that the head seemed to be moving around a little bit, which was nice to see.

Maerj

I actually don't want to see them, I like to preserve the illusion, ya know? I just remember people saying that there was a new way of having her float as opposed to the Disneyland version and I thought they may have done that by some other means than wires. Thanks for the info.

Now I'll just think to myself "Concentrate on Leota, concentrate on Leota...";)

Kuhio

That's a great photo of the outside of the HM. They must have several different light palettes, because the conservatory had swirling green "ectoplasmic mists" at the September 30 MNSSHP. It was one of the coolest lighting effects I saw at the MK.

The outside/queue CM was incredibly funny. I think there might be several different CMs playing the role -- the one I saw looked different.

wickedwitchware

Not only have I seen her but she returned something that was misplaced.....my 9 year old son who wandered off.He was gone only a minute but wow what a long minute it was!!
So she is by far my favorite cast member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom