Trip Report A Honeymoon Trip Report - September 2019

If you haven’t read my previous Trip/Pre-Trip Reports, my name is Jasmyn (27), and this is my husband Dan (32).

Our trip was from the 11th-22nd September 2019 – we traveled from Perth Australia (which is 11,375 miles from Orlando) for our honeymoon at WDW!
Hopefully it won’t take me forever to get through this. I’m writing it at work to help me get over my Disney blues.

DAY 1 – 11th September 2019
The first leg of our 3 flights was departing for Sydney at 5:15am.
We decided, because we would need to be up at 2am anyway, we would just pull an all-nighter. We spent the night finishing off our packing, that we hadn’t had a chance to do, playing with our little kittens who are both only 5 months old (and we were going to miss terribly) and hanging out with Dan’s little brother, Liam, who was going to be house/pet sitting for us.

Pulling an all-nighter didn’t work well for me, I ended up falling asleep for about an hour, before Dan woke up me up to get ready to leave.
We ordered an Uber (the first of MANY uber rides this trip) and left for the airport at 3:15am.
When we arrived at the airport, we started check in, and ran into one of my clients who was on the same flight. I have my own business doing Hair Extensions, and found out she was heading to NYC the same day, but didn’t realise she would be on 2/3 flights with us!

We boarded our flight at 5am, and were in the air by 5:30am. The flight was a little bumpy, but nothing that had us worried. We were off that flight, and heading to our international flight by 11:45am (Sydney Time). We were seated close to the back of the plane, in the centre row of 4 seats. Dan and I were next to an older couple. The flight time to Dallas (our next stop) was predicted to be 16hours.
This flight was terrible. Terrible food, bad turbulence, and just not a whole lot of legroom! I would finally doze off to sleep, and a drop from turbulence would wake me up. I was so anxious that I was almost in tears.
I couldn’t wait to get off the flight.
Dallas airport was huge, we quickly grabbed out bags and was trying to rush through customs/immigration as we only had a 2 hours layover. I got a nice big “X” through my paperwork. The guard thought he was hilarious and all he told me was “its because women are always wrong” and let us go with a smile.

It was a random check for further screening, this wasn’t going to help our time frame for rushing to our connecting flight.

Off we went through Dallas security with our bags in tow. All was fine and we ran to re-check our bags and board our flight. We ran to the gate, as the guard was calling “Last Call for Orlando, if you don’t run you will be missing your flight”
We were the last couple to board. As we were finding our seats we got talking to another couple heading on their Honeymoon, but they were staying at the Polynesian Resort. Unlike us who cheaped out and were only staying at All Star Movies.

The 2.5 hour flight was much easier to deal with. We had seats directly behind business class, which meant a lot extra legroom. I slept for most of the flight, and before I knew it, we were starting our decent to Orlando.

Dan and I practically jumped out of our seats when we touched down. It was now 6.30pm (still on the 11th September… even after 28 hours travelling). The Magical Express was calling our names, so we grabbed our bags, put on our old magic bands from the previous trip, and skipped over to buses.

We arrived at All Star Movies at 7.45pm. Check in was a breeze. We picked up our new magic bands and headed to our Room – 711 in the Toy Story Building. We had a preferred room. The room had a double bed, and a pull down bed, which didn’t get used. The room size was fine for us, and by the end of the trip you almost couldn’t see the floors with how much stuff we had bought. Oops.

When we got there we had a package waiting. I had ordered a bottle of Red Wine (the same we had at CRT on the night we got engaged last year) snacks, flute glasses and some chocolates to help celebrate our honeymoon and to surprise Dan. This was meant to be to have this first night, but we decided that staying in our room WAS NOT an option on our first night at Disney.

While Dan was having a shower, and washing that horrible “plane” feeling off him, I checked for some last minute reservations. I was shocked when a ‘Ohana reservation for 9:15pm.
I quickly showered as soon as Dan was out, and let Dan know the plan.
By 8:30pm we were ready, and in as Uber, heading to the Polynesian Resort.
We had a quick look around, taking in the amazing entrance that the Poly has, and headed up to ‘Ohana around 9pm. We we’re still a little early, and there were 2 seats free at the bar at Tambu Lounge. We each ordered a cocktail, and while we were sipping, we couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces, despite how exhausted the last 30+ hours had been.

Our last name was called, and we were lead to our table right at 9.15pm. She rushed us through because the fireworks had already started at Magic Kingdom and we had a table with a view.
It was so magical. We weren’t seated at the closest table to the window, but still had a decent view while we ate the piles of food that kept coming to our table.

My favourite dish was the grilled Prawns (or shrimp as we quickly learned). We had seconds, and thirds of everything. When it came to dessert, Dan and I both said “no thank you” as we were just too stuffed! The waiter didn’t listen. He came over with the ‘Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode. He said this is what people come to ‘Ohana for, and you aren’t missing out.

WOW! I am so glad he at least made us try it. It was amazing, and one of the best desserts I’ve ever tasted!
I swear we almost rolled out of there with the amount of food we ate. I was so happy I was able to find a last minute reservation here.

We wandered over to the Moana Mercantile shop inside the Polynesian, where Dan was able to find a cool Mickey Sweater. By this time it was almost 11pm, and now that we had a full stomach, the tiredness was really starting to creep up on us. Another Uber had us back at All Star Movies around 11:15pm and we headed into the gift shop to pick up our refillable mugs. I choose the Halloween one, and Dan choose a red Mickey Mouse Club House mug. We also got some bottles of water to have in the room, just in case 😊
The lights in our room by 11:30pm and sleep followed shortly after. I was so excited for our first day in the parks!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
I'm with Dan on the coffee at Sunshine Seasons - by far the worst on property. I had to throw mine away too, and that says a lot since it was my first cup of that day and if I don't have a cup by mid-morning I almost always get a headache. But the risk was worth it 🤮

Luckily I didn't spill mine :D

Oh Dan is exactly the same. he wasnt happy he had to wait until 9am to get this coffee in the first place and then it ended up being crap :banghead:

g'day. im in for the ride

I already can tell you do Disney the right way!
And with an 11-day trip, we'll be enjoying this report for a while.
I'm in!!

Thanks for stopping by guys!!
Yes, i think ill be writing this for a while :p

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
I love the monorail and after listening to the Unlocking the Magic podcast to prepare for our trip, I memorized the saying when the doors are closing. I think it’s a magical way to enter Magic Kingdom for the first visit of your trip. I was as excited as a child when I saw the castle out of the window for the first time. I even let out a little squeal!!

We were inside the Kingdom and on Main St USA by 12.20pm, after stopping at the giftshop just inside the turnstiles to get me a cheap, and extremely uncomfortable pair of sunglasses. The monorail didn’t take long at all so we had time before our 1pm lunch reservation.

I love the sneaky photos Dan has taken of this this trip!
Just a girl admiring her castle.

Our good friend Andrew (@joejccva71) is also staying at WDW while we are here. Today was his day at MK, so we met him on Main St for a quick hello. Its been 18 months since we have seen him, so it was great to finally see him again after the long nights chatting and planning our trips together.

More photos while near the castle for the first time!!

Andrew headed off to his next Fastpass, and we headed to Be Our Guest!

Even with a reservation, this line was HUGE and we waited 30 mins to get into the castle and place our order. I regret not mobile ordering.. I got the Spring Shrimp Salad, which was the perfect choice on the super hot day that it was, and Dan got the Braised Chicken (Coq Au Vin Style). We both enjoyed our meals, and loved that it was only a Quick Service credit each. Dan also got 2 grapefruit beers, that ended up being huge, and I got a Peach Bellini. We also couldn’t NOT get the grey stuff cupcake. My friend back home is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, so a snapchat to her with the cupcake was a must!

We finished up and headed out at about 2:20pm, and went to meet Andrew again for our first joint fastpass – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is one of my all time favourite rides inside MK, and the whole of WDW. Our FP started at 2:25pm and we all walked on with less than a 5 min wait. Got to love Fastpasses 😉

We checked the current wait times on the Touring Plans Lines App, and saw Pirates of the Caribbean was practically a walk on. Off we all went from Frontierland to Adventureland!

I couldn’t remember where the camera was, but Andrew sure did!

Rista1313

If you haven’t read my previous Trip/Pre-Trip Reports, my name is Jasmyn (27), and this is my husband Dan (32).

View attachment 416042
Our trip was from the 11th-22nd September 2019 – we traveled from Perth Australia (which is 11,375 miles from Orlando) for our honeymoon at WDW!
Hopefully it won’t take me forever to get through this. I’m writing it at work to help me get over my Disney blues.

DAY 1 – 11th September 2019
The first leg of our 3 flights was departing for Sydney at 5:15am.
We decided, because we would need to be up at 2am anyway, we would just pull an all-nighter. We spent the night finishing off our packing, that we hadn’t had a chance to do, playing with our little kittens who are both only 5 months old (and we were going to miss terribly) and hanging out with Dan’s little brother, Liam, who was going to be house/pet sitting for us.

Pulling an all-nighter didn’t work well for me, I ended up falling asleep for about an hour, before Dan woke up me up to get ready to leave.
We ordered an Uber (the first of MANY uber rides this trip) and left for the airport at 3:15am.
When we arrived at the airport, we started check in, and ran into one of my clients who was on the same flight. I have my own business doing Hair Extensions, and found out she was heading to NYC the same day, but didn’t realise she would be on 2/3 flights with us!

We boarded our flight at 5am, and were in the air by 5:30am. The flight was a little bumpy, but nothing that had us worried. We were off that flight, and heading to our international flight by 11:45am (Sydney Time). We were seated close to the back of the plane, in the centre row of 4 seats. Dan and I were next to an older couple. The flight time to Dallas (our next stop) was predicted to be 16hours.
This flight was terrible. Terrible food, bad turbulence, and just not a whole lot of legroom! I would finally doze off to sleep, and a drop from turbulence would wake me up. I was so anxious that I was almost in tears.
I couldn’t wait to get off the flight.
Dallas airport was huge, we quickly grabbed out bags and was trying to rush through customs/immigration as we only had a 2 hours layover. I got a nice big “X” through my paperwork. The guard thought he was hilarious and all he told me was “its because women are always wrong” and let us go with a smile.
View attachment 416043
It was a random check for further screening, this wasn’t going to help our time frame for rushing to our connecting flight.

Off we went through Dallas security with our bags in tow. All was fine and we ran to re-check our bags and board our flight. We ran to the gate, as the guard was calling “Last Call for Orlando, if you don’t run you will be missing your flight”
We were the last couple to board. As we were finding our seats we got talking to another couple heading on their Honeymoon, but they were staying at the Polynesian Resort. Unlike us who cheaped out and were only staying at All Star Movies.

The 2.5 hour flight was much easier to deal with. We had seats directly behind business class, which meant a lot extra legroom. I slept for most of the flight, and before I knew it, we were starting our decent to Orlando.

Dan and I practically jumped out of our seats when we touched down. It was now 6.30pm (still on the 11th September… even after 28 hours travelling). The Magical Express was calling our names, so we grabbed our bags, put on our old magic bands from the previous trip, and skipped over to buses.
View attachment 416046

We arrived at All Star Movies at 7.45pm. Check in was a breeze. We picked up our new magic bands and headed to our Room – 711 in the Toy Story Building. We had a preferred room. The room had a double bed, and a pull down bed, which didn’t get used. The room size was fine for us, and by the end of the trip you almost couldn’t see the floors with how much stuff we had bought. Oops.

When we got there we had a package waiting. I had ordered a bottle of Red Wine (the same we had at CRT on the night we got engaged last year) snacks, flute glasses and some chocolates to help celebrate our honeymoon and to surprise Dan. This was meant to be to have this first night, but we decided that staying in our room WAS NOT an option on our first night at Disney.
View attachment 416048

While Dan was having a shower, and washing that horrible “plane” feeling off him, I checked for some last minute reservations. I was shocked when a ‘Ohana reservation for 9:15pm.
I quickly showered as soon as Dan was out, and let Dan know the plan.
By 8:30pm we were ready, and in as Uber, heading to the Polynesian Resort.
We had a quick look around, taking in the amazing entrance that the Poly has, and headed up to ‘Ohana around 9pm. We we’re still a little early, and there were 2 seats free at the bar at Tambu Lounge. We each ordered a cocktail, and while we were sipping, we couldn’t wipe the smiles off our faces, despite how exhausted the last 30+ hours had been.
View attachment 416047

View attachment 416044

Our last name was called, and we were lead to our table right at 9.15pm. She rushed us through because the fireworks had already started at Magic Kingdom and we had a table with a view.
It was so magical. We weren’t seated at the closest table to the window, but still had a decent view while we ate the piles of food that kept coming to our table.
View attachment 416045
My favourite dish was the grilled Prawns (or shrimp as we quickly learned). We had seconds, and thirds of everything. When it came to dessert, Dan and I both said “no thank you” as we were just too stuffed! The waiter didn’t listen. He came over with the ‘Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode. He said this is what people come to ‘Ohana for, and you aren’t missing out.
View attachment 416049

WOW! I am so glad he at least made us try it. It was amazing, and one of the best desserts I’ve ever tasted!
I swear we almost rolled out of there with the amount of food we ate. I was so happy I was able to find a last minute reservation here.

View attachment 416050

We wandered over to the Moana Mercantile shop inside the Polynesian, where Dan was able to find a cool Mickey Sweater. By this time it was almost 11pm, and now that we had a full stomach, the tiredness was really starting to creep up on us. Another Uber had us back at All Star Movies around 11:15pm and we headed into the gift shop to pick up our refillable mugs. I choose the Halloween one, and Dan choose a red Mickey Mouse Club House mug. We also got some bottles of water to have in the room, just in case 😊
The lights in our room by 11:30pm and sleep followed shortly after. I was so excited for our first day in the parks!

Sounds like the perfect first day!

We were at movies with you 2 nights... too bad our paths didn't cross! We were there the 14th-24th... I'll watch your pictures to see if I see us in any of them!

Last edited:

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
Sounds like the perfect first day!

We were at movies with you 2 nights... too bad our paths didn't cross! We were there the 14th-24th... I'll watch your pictures to see if I see us in any of them!

Oh yes I remember you saying you were there!! Too bad we didnt get a chance to say hi to one another!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
We said another goodbye to AJ for the day, he had a dinner to get to, and we had another FP to hit… SPLASH MOUNTAIN!! We had a short wait before our window opened, and of course, that’s when it started raining. We ducked onto our FP 5 mins before the 3:35pm start time, with no issues.

I LOVE SPLASH, and so does Dan. The song was stuck in our head for the whole 2 weeks (and even now that we are home).

Hi my name is Jasmyn, and I am extremely dramatic. (PS the photos get funnier and way more dramatic as the trip goes on)

We slowly walked around to the back of the park, over to Fantasyland for our Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP that started at 4:25pm. We had some time to kill, so while we took the long way around the park, we stopped in shops, checked out the merchandise and bought some bottles of water. The rain helped cool us down a little, but it was still extremely humid.

7DMT was at a 50min standby queue. I liked the ride, but definitely would not wait 50 mins or even 30 mins for it. We only rode it with a FP this trip. For the amount of time you wait for it, the ride is only very short.

Once we were off our 3rd fastpass for the day, I checked the Disney app and scored a FP for Space Mountain for 4:50pm. We rushed over to Tomorrowland, stopping at Cosmic Rays to get some free ice water.

Space was fun, but its so jerky, and I came off with a massive headache. It doesn’t help that I get motion sickness on the older style coasters (and 3D rides). I spent the rest of the evening trying to shake the headache.

I got a Jungle Cruise FP for 5:50pm, so while we waited for that to start, we headed to Monster Inc Laugh Floor. Dan finds this hilarious, and is a must see for him.
Jungle Cruise is great as well. I can’t wait until the movie is released next year.

By the time we finished both of these attractions, it was time to head to our dinner reservation at Skipper’s Canteen at 6:30pm, across the path from the Jungle Cruise attraction.

We ordered some Orinoco Ida’s Cachapas, and drinks to start. I had this delicious Slushie with Green Apple Boba Balls. The sugar helped pick up my mood, as I was definitely starting to get grumpy. No sleep and hot days make me very unpleasant.
Dan ordered a beer, but I cant remember which one.
Our drinks came, but our starter was no where to be seen. When our drinks arrived we placed our order for our main meals. I ordered the Perkins Thai Noodles and Daniel had the Sankuru Sadie’s Seafood Stew.

Our starter and mains came out at the same time and our waitress apologized and asked if we still wanted it. YES! I almost screamed at her. I was looking forward to these more than my main meal.
I’m glad we kept them. My main meal was delicious, but so spicy. I normal like food with a little bit of heat to them, but this was too much for me. I ate what I could, about 1/4th, then Dan told me to eat as much of the appetizer as I wanted. He really enjoyed his stew.

I wish I could handle more spice, because the flavours of my meal were great.

When it was time for the bill, the appetizer wasn’t on there. She said she had the removed because it took so long to arrive which was a definite bonus. Because we were on the dinning plan, all we had to pay for now was our tip (which we left more than the recommended because we didn’t pay for our starter) and we headed out of the restaurant around 7:45pm.
Wandering through Adventureland, I unintentionally found myself at The Sunglasses Hut. The cheap pair I had picked up earlier just weren’t cutting it. I tried a few on, and fell in love with a perfect Tory Burch pair that ended up setting me back $200USD… OOPS!!

After this it was time for us to head back, I couldn’t handle being awake anymore. Dan helped guide my almost lifeless body out of the park and to the buses. I was showered and tucked in bed by 9:30pm.

Megbutnotmegan

We said another goodbye to AJ for the day, he had a dinner to get to, and we had another FP to hit… SPLASH MOUNTAIN!! We had a short wait before our window opened, and of course, that’s when it started raining. We ducked onto our FP 5 mins before the 3:35pm start time, with no issues.

I LOVE SPLASH, and so does Dan. The song was stuck in our head for the whole 2 weeks (and even now that we are home).

View attachment 418112

Hi my name is Jasmyn, and I am extremely dramatic. (PS the photos get funnier and way more dramatic as the trip goes on)

We slowly walked around to the back of the park, over to Fantasyland for our Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FP that started at 4:25pm. We had some time to kill, so while we took the long way around the park, we stopped in shops, checked out the merchandise and bought some bottles of water. The rain helped cool us down a little, but it was still extremely humid.

7DMT was at a 50min standby queue. I liked the ride, but definitely would not wait 50 mins or even 30 mins for it. We only rode it with a FP this trip. For the amount of time you wait for it, the ride is only very short.

View attachment 418113

View attachment 418114

Once we were off our 3rd fastpass for the day, I checked the Disney app and scored a FP for Space Mountain for 4:50pm. We rushed over to Tomorrowland, stopping at Cosmic Rays to get some free ice water.

Space was fun, but its so jerky, and I came off with a massive headache. It doesn’t help that I get motion sickness on the older style coasters (and 3D rides). I spent the rest of the evening trying to shake the headache.

View attachment 418115

I got a Jungle Cruise FP for 5:50pm, so while we waited for that to start, we headed to Monster Inc Laugh Floor. Dan finds this hilarious, and is a must see for him.
Jungle Cruise is great as well. I can’t wait until the movie is released next year.

By the time we finished both of these attractions, it was time to head to our dinner reservation at Skipper’s Canteen at 6:30pm, across the path from the Jungle Cruise attraction.

We ordered some Orinoco Ida’s Cachapas, and drinks to start. I had this delicious Slushie with Green Apple Boba Balls. The sugar helped pick up my mood, as I was definitely starting to get grumpy. No sleep and hot days make me very unpleasant.
Dan ordered a beer, but I cant remember which one.
Our drinks came, but our starter was no where to be seen. When our drinks arrived we placed our order for our main meals. I ordered the Perkins Thai Noodles and Daniel had the Sankuru Sadie’s Seafood Stew.

Our starter and mains came out at the same time and our waitress apologized and asked if we still wanted it. YES! I almost screamed at her. I was looking forward to these more than my main meal.
I’m glad we kept them. My main meal was delicious, but so spicy. I normal like food with a little bit of heat to them, but this was too much for me. I ate what I could, about 1/4th, then Dan told me to eat as much of the appetizer as I wanted. He really enjoyed his stew.

I wish I could handle more spice, because the flavours of my meal were great.

When it was time for the bill, the appetizer wasn’t on there. She said she had the removed because it took so long to arrive which was a definite bonus. Because we were on the dinning plan, all we had to pay for now was our tip (which we left more than the recommended because we didn’t pay for our starter) and we headed out of the restaurant around 7:45pm.
Wandering through Adventureland, I unintentionally found myself at The Sunglasses Hut. The cheap pair I had picked up earlier just weren’t cutting it. I tried a few on, and fell in love with a perfect Tory Burch pair that ended up setting me back $200USD… OOPS!!

After this it was time for us to head back, I couldn’t handle being awake anymore. Dan helped guide my almost lifeless body out of the park and to the buses. I was showered and tucked in bed by 9:30pm.
You had my favorite meal at WDW! Those noodles and the cachapas. 🤤 The noodles are super spicy though! I’m loving your report!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
You had my favorite meal at WDW! Those noodles and the cachapas. 🤤 The noodles are super spicy though! I’m loving your report!

It was so tasty!!! I just wish i had a higher tolerance so i could have finished them because they were delicious!!

So glad youre reading along. its going to be a long report. I think i have my work cut out for me :p

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
Late to the party, but enjoying reading along.
And congratulations, I am currently in Sacramento for my daughters wedding in 4 days. I love that you went to Disney for your honeymoon, tried to talk my daughter into it, but she said no.
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm following along. Congratulations on your wedding!

Thanks for joining!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
DAY 3 – 13th September 2019

It was another broken sleep and early rise for me today.

Dan, of course, was out like a light as soon as his head hit the pillow.

I got up and started to get ready at 5:30am. Dan was awake not long after me, and as soon as he was ready, he put the footy on to watch on his iPad. It was the finals of AFL (Australian Football League) and our team was playing - The Westcoast Eagles. If they lost, they were out. While Dan was watching, I sat outside and facetimed my Mum.

We work at the same department (but in different cities), and when we are both at work, we email and call each other every day. After almost 5 days of not speaking, it was time to check in. We were on the phone for about 30 minutes. It was only 6:30pm there (12 hours in front of Orlando) and she was on the couch watching the same football game that Dan was on our bed watching. Mum was sitting there in her American Mickey singlet that I got her on our last trip. That was a crazy coincidence and we were both laughing about it.

By 7am, I jumped off the phone and went back inside to make sure Dan was ready to go! He shut off his iPad and I ordered a Minnie Van. We had a 7:30am reservation at Be Our Guest, and a Minnie Van was the best way to guarantee we got there in time. It picked us up at 7:10am and we were on our way!

We pulled up in the designated Minnie Van bus stop, and headed straight for the entrance.

By 7:25 we were inside the gates and walking to Be Our Guest.

I am so grateful we mobile ordered this meal. We walked straight in at our time, and were shown to our seats in The Rose Room.

We both ordered the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg sandwich. It came with a selection of pastries to share and a side of fruit each. I was happy with water and tea as my drinks, while Dan had a Sangria!

We left Be Our Guest at 8:10am ready to tackle our day. Today we had the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP tour booked!
We enjoyed the almost empty park while we walked to Liberty Square for the tour check in.

Cinderella’s Fountain! I’ve never seen this little hidden gem before. I love it!!

We checked in at 8:20am, and were introduced to our tour guides, Aurora and Andrew and the other 8 people in our group. There was a Canadian couple and there daughter (in her early teens), a young couple and their 6 year old song Logan, and another couple on their honeymoon too.

We went around in a circle and did out introductions. Found out everyone’s favourite rides, then we headed over as a group, to the first attraction of the tour, SPLASH MOUNTAIN!

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
They didn’t give us much time between rides. It was straight to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, through the fastpass line, of course!

Once we were done with our Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, it was off to a spooky mansion.
They took us through a back entrance of the Haunted Mansion, which was awesome to see what the public don’t. Unfortunately, we didn’t even think to take photos. We were too interested in what the guides were saying.

Dan looks like the Ghost below him :D

It was just after 9:30am and we had done 3 of the main rides in MK. We knew it was going to be a good day if this is how we started.

It was back to Fantasyland, where we got to ride the newest coaster in Magic Kingdom, 7DMT.

How on earth does Dan pull off that “Cool Guy” look so well while on a roller coaster!?

Then off to our last ride in Magic Kingdom…

What kind of stupid face is that?!

We stopped in the gift shop and I gave some one of the guys on our tour something for his headache because he really wasn’t feeling well.
Once we were all back together, we had a quick bathroom break, and took some photos 😊

It was now about 10:45am and the guides took us out the back behind Space Mountain, to our bus that was waiting to sneak us off to the next destination of the day. EPCOT!

We all got to know each other a little better on the short bus ride to Epcot. We used staff only/backstage roads to get where we needed to go and it was really neat seeing the backside of World Showcase.
They have signs showing each countries name, but there isn’t much difference between each one, they all just look like studio buildings painted in either light blue (Bye-Bye Blue) or green (Go-Away Green). We did see Anna, not in full costume, only in her wig, walking towards Norway, with her outfit in hand. Our tour Guide Aurora let us know that she ISNT meant to be out here half dressed. Oops!

We were off the bus and taken to the back entrance of the Land Pavilion. They scanned our bands to check we all had passhopper tickets, and led us through a side door the brought us our next to Sunshine Seasons quick service restaurant.

Our guides, and the tour coordinator Colby, let us know we would be having an early lunch first. We got to choose a main dish, 1 side and a drink. I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice, and Dan had the Mongolian Beef. Our sides were pasta and potato salad and we both got a Fountain Beverage.

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
We all met back up at Soarin’ at 11:40am and got to ride together. This time we got a straight-ish Eifel Tower.

Soarin’ was our one and only ride of Epcot, unfortunately. We were lead back out the way the way we came in, and noticed a member of our tour was missing. The young dad of Logan had left, as his headache was just too much for him. So we were down a member when we took off for our last stop – Hollywood Studios!

We arrived at HS around 12:15pm, and it was starting to look and feel like rain. We jumped off the bus, at a side entrance near Rock N Roller and Tower of Terror, and that was meant to be our first ride, but because of the weather, we were told of a change of plan. We would be heading to Toy Story Land first. That way we would be able to ride Slinky Dog Dash before the rain starts.

This was our first time in Toy Story Land. I love it! Slinky Dog is an awesome coaster too. It looks like it will be really tame, but it wasn’t at all. It was so much fun! Andrew and Aurora both rode with us 😊

Next up, Toy Story Mania!! One of our all time favourite attractions – Dan won, again :mad:

One thing the tour guides warned us about, was how hot it is inside TSL. They weren’t wrong. It was definitely a lot hotter than anywhere else in HS.

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
One thing the tour guides warned us about, was how hot it is inside TSL. They weren’t wrong. It was definitely a lot hotter than anywhere else in Hollywood Studios.

There was a new land connecting TSL and the Star Tours attraction, a planet far far away. Batuu.
We weren’t lucky enough to ride Smugglers Run with the tour (I would have loved to skip the posted 90 minute wait) as it had only opened 2 weeks before we arrived. But we were headed to the original Star Wars attraction at HS, Star Tours!

Star Tours is one ride I remember making me really sick. I thought I’d cut my losses and stay in the gift shop while the rest of the group rode.

Logan and Dan while they waited for Star Tours. Adorable little buddies by the end of the day!

They came and collected me from the gift shop, where I had been waiting in the air conditioning to keep cool.

We all walked together to the last 2 attractions of the day. 1 I had never ridden before and was TERRIFIED.
But first, we had a show to get to, we were running late!

Rock N Roller was so much fun, and I managed to keep my eyes open for the whole ride. Unlike last year when I don’t remember a single thing because they were shut from take off.

Now, the moment I had LEAST been waiting for. I was determined to NOT ride Tower of Terror. I was ready to sit out. Until everyone blackmailed me. Andrew: “Its Friday the 13th and if you ride, it will make 13 people, you HAVE TO!”
This went back and forth with everyone, until I caved.

Here is the end result of them forcing me to ride…

Yes, I look terrified, but it actually wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. I enjoyed myself, and in the future I would definitely ride it again!

After this ride we said our thankyou’s and goodbyes. We all got a special pin to celebrate and remember the awesome day we had.

It was the best day, we all had so much fun, and it was good to hang out with like minded people for the day 😊

PrincessJasmyn

Original Poster
We parted way from our tour group at 2:30pm. We were hot and bothered, and really needed a few minutes to sit and collect ourselves after the full day we had. Lightning Mcqueen’s Racing Academy had just opened its doors for the next show, and we decided that would be a great place to rest. With a bottle of water and a pineapple cup, we took our seats in the air-conditioned room.
I thought it was a great show, and a good idea to waste time after a full on day. We loved the animatronics and the story-line. It was cute seeing all the small kids get really excited to see Lightning McQueen!

It was closing in on 3:15pm, we had a show to get to with our friend Andrew!
On the way to Indiana Jones, Dan stopped for a Mickey Bar and I got myself a frozen coke, and we met Andrew at the entrance to the Indiana Jones show.

We were lucky to sit in the middle of the theatre, but unlucky to have a family behind us, with a toddler that was running around screaming behind us. The kid was coughing directly onto our heads, growling at us and hitting our backs. The parents and grandmother did NOTHING until about half way through the show when they finally left. We were constantly giving them eye contact and hinting for them to control him, but they were just letting him do what he wanted. Even a cast member came and told them he needs to stay seated! That’s when they decided to leave.

Once Dan’s favourite show was over, it was time to head back to Galaxy’s Edge for an afternoon reservation at the new Oga’s Cantina. When bookings for this got released, it was the middle of the night in Australia. I woke to the news that bookings were open, but as soon as I checked they were completely full.
I set up alerts with different reservation finders, and by 5pm that day, a heap more times were released for this and build your own lightsabre. Dan was over the moon when I came home from work and told him about the 2 reservations I had scored for him.

We stopped to take a few more photos on the way to Oga’s.

We had a small wait outside Oga’s until our reservation time. The three of us were stood at a small section of the bar, squashed like sardines with the people next to us. We were advised there is a maximum of 2 drinks per person and a 45 minute time frame.

First round of drinks. Andrew was boring and got a beer. I had the Fuzzy Tauntaun, Dan had the Jet Juice.

The “Fuzz” on the top of mine made my lips and tongue numb. It had me wondering what the hell was in it! When I asked the bar tender, I got “Look, my boss Oga is very secretive, I can’t go telling her secrets to people who don’t work here, I value my life. Just enjoy”

Dan’s drink really did taste Jet Juice. Way too strong for me to drink. Lucky it was only small, definitely wouldn’t be able to have more than that as a drink.

Second round was just as ‘weird’ – Dan had the Outer Rim, which had black salt on the rim and did not look appealing in the slightest. I had the Jedi Mind Trick. It was way too strong for me and I didn’t finish it. Andy liked Dan’s first round drink so much that he got the Jet Juice for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom