'A Frozen Holiday Wish' to begin November 5

scoobygirl39541

So happy to read positive reviews on this board, for something Frozen no less! I'm trying to stay spoiler free until I can see it live next month, but now I'm even more excited! I know most here are critical of Frozen so if you guys liked it, then it must be something special :D

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
0.jpg
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/11/frozen-550x306.jpg

The character design isn't exactly the same. I think the WDW Olaf looks better, the face is more accurate to the to the movie. His smile is more warm and the carrot is better proportioned. I'm assuming they are looking out of the mouth so the actor is pretty short. I don't know why they aren't looking out of the eyes it would make Olaf a few inches shorter but over all I think he is pretty accurate to the look in the film.

note2001

0.jpg
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/11/frozen-550x306.jpg

The character design isn't exactly the same. I think the WDW Olaf looks better, the face is more accurate to the to the movie. His smile is more warm and the carrot is better proportioned. I'm assuming they are looking out of the mouth so the actor is pretty short. I don't know why they aren't looking out of the eyes it would make Olaf a few inches shorter but over all I think he is pretty accurate to the look in the film.

Thank you for showing the compare. I agree, the WDW Olaf does look better. An animatronic puppet may have had better proportions, but these days Disney would have just gone with a projection like they did over in DHS and it wouldn't have had the on stage effect. I think we should be happy with the version we have.

By the way, the actress can't look out of Olaf's eyes unless they have the neck of a gazelle. (Look where their shoulders are)

MagicHappens1971

As much as it pains me to say it, this show is not that bad. My only complaint, which others have already mentioned is that Cinderella, Mickey, Minnie, and the gang are absent from the show which to me doesn't feel right. The event is still called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" right? Idk, it's a small complaint to an overall good edition to the event (thank Galactus they didn't perform Let It Go!). Personally I thought it would be hilarious to have the king (not knowing Cinderella invited guests) notice the Frozen cast from the balcony of the castle and have a mini-panic attack as to why someone is freezing up the place (sorcery and all that). Afterwards Cinderella shows up to explain everything, introduce the Frozen cast, and go on from there.

This show plays regardless of if there is a Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party that night, however to continue with your point if its called Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party then why should Cinderella be allowed in the show?

Kman101

Can I ask why it's such a big deal that Olaf is bigger in costume? I doubt many guests even really care. So? LOL. He can't "magically grow"? And most snowmen are of a normal height, not miniature. Not sure why people keep focusing on his size. Not the best costume ever, to be honest, but it's actually better than I expected. The ice costume is far worse.

And does Mickey suddenly make everything better? It became overdone to use him in everything, IMO. Yes, he's forever popular but to be honest I never really bought the whole Mickey and Minnie want to decorate the castle angle.

I do agree with the talk that the new show could get to the point a little quicker. They seem to waste a lot of time introducing everyone and especially Olaf, but it's still a solid show all around.

Soarin' Over Pgh

There's no way the show is "live" in terms of the actors talking...tonight's show broadcasted from disney parks blog had major sound issues...the characters were talking before they were out of the door. Olaf was still standing there looking cute when he should have been tumbling down the stairs to meet with the others.

And the script is positively verbatim from the show I watched yesterday. Unless they're THAT good, I don't think its live.

I could be wrong, though. But the webcast was a total disaster this evening.

Disney Analyst

There's no way the show is "live" in terms of the actors talking...tonight's show broadcasted from disney parks blog had major sound issues...the characters were talking before they were out of the door. Olaf was still standing there looking cute when he should have been tumbling down the stairs to meet with the others.

And the script is positively verbatim from the show I watched yesterday. Unless they're THAT good, I don't think its live.

I could be wrong, though. But the webcast was a total disaster this evening.

You are wrong. First, the voices are
Different. Second. The live feeds sound was out of sync.. So the audience saw them speaking in time... As they are actually speaking... But the telecast wasn't synced up, there was an audio delay.

I always find it interesting how people can't hear the difference between live and lip syncing.

Disney Analyst

Well I'd say years of performing, university training/vocal training, and a keen ear/eye would make one better at noticing. Although it's not that difficult. You can hear when something is pre recorded, as opposed to something being live with mics. You can hear the performers breathe in. It's all about listening to breath. I 100% guarantee they are all speaking live, aside from Olaf of course.

Kman101

Well I'd say years of performing, university training/vocal training, and a keen ear/eye would make one better at noticing. Although it's not that difficult. You can hear when something is pre recorded, as opposed to something being live with mics. You can hear the performers breathe in. It's all about listening to breath. I 100% guarantee they are all speaking live, aside from Olaf of course.

I agree it's easy to tell, for the most part, but hey, not everyone can. And I don't need training to see the difference. Was trying to more or less point out not everyone can so it came off as acting superior.

ProjectX

I'm actually really sad it's live dialogue. Considering how much Frozen is a cash cow for Disney, they really could have pushed the boat out and got the official voices for at least Elsa and Anna. Shame really. Miss Mickey and even Cindy (I don't really like her) but I feel they're needed for story cohesion.

FigmentsFangirl

Just watching the video and I can agree with this. They're live {I read lips quite well!} on the video

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Can I say how great I think Josh Gad is. The keep calling him up asking him to record new Olaf audio and he keeps doing it. He seems like a huge Disney fan and really loves being part of Frozen. I know not all voice actors for movies keep doing the voices for the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom