A Few Pics from Wednesdays trip.....

Tigggrl

Original Poster
Ok, all I really have to say is Small World totally ROCKS! I have to go back and get some pics of what I missed. They did an amazing job. It looks so fresh and new....All the while maintaining the original feel.....WELL DONE!
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h235/tigggrl/smallish world/Dl2-25-09029.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h235/tigggrl/smallish world/Dl2-25-09041.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h235/tigggrl/smallish world/Dl2-25-09030.jpg

Nicole220

Thanks Carla!

I thought they did a good job, too.

I pointed out all the characters to my friends, and some of them said they wouldn't have noticed them if I hadn't pointed them out. It's definitely not as bad as some people say.

I agree.

I really didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. The only bad part about the refurb is the new America scene. It just seems rather bland compared to the rest of the ride. Jessie and Woody are the most horrible looking dolls in the whole ride.

agent86

Ok, all I really have to say is Small World totally ROCKS! I have to go back and get some pics of what I missed. They did an amazing job. It looks so fresh and new....All the while maintaining the original feel.....WELL DONE!

Thanks Carla!

I thought they did a good job, too.

It's definitely not as bad as some people say.

I agree.

I really didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did.

I LOVE hearing all these great reactions to it! I have not experienced the refurbed version yet, but I thought people got way too bent out of shape about the fact that they'd done it. I understand not wanting to add characters to every attraction, but I really don't see IASW as a "sacred cow" in that regard. It had become old and tired IMO. Now if they started doing this to attractions like POTC, BTMRR, HM, etc, that would be a different story. But IASW definitely needed some spicing up in order to make it interesting and entertaining again (actually..."again" might be too generous seeing as how I never was all that excited about this attraction to begin with :lol:).

Nicole220

I agree.

I really didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. The only bad part about the refurb is the new America scene. It just seems rather bland compared to the rest of the ride. Jessie and Woody are the most horrible looking dolls in the whole ride.
Ew, yeah, those two were really bad.

My favorite was Alice and the White Rabbit.

TP2000

So far most of the folks who are still all bent out of shape over the new dolls in Small World are the people who still haven't ridden Small World. Many of the most vocal complainers haven't even been to Disneyland yet. Or worse, they are judging life via a grainy amateur YouTube video. :lol:

I've ridden the new version several times. Many of the new dolls you have to look for specifically or you'd miss them. The new music tracks are completely unnoticeable to me. I'm not a musician, so perhaps I just don't have a musical ear. But the music in the ride sounds the same to me, just more clear and more well balanced than it was before. I think they got new speakers, or digitially remastered stuff or something. It sounds great in there now.

The new doll thing is much ado about nothing. The ride looks fantastic, it sounds fantastic, and so far on every boat I've been on the kiddies love pointing out their fave characters to mom and dad. Sounds like a hit to me, but what do I know? :)

Nicole220

So far most of the folks who are still all bent out of shape over the new dolls in Small World are the people who still haven't ridden Small World. Many of the most vocal complainers haven't even been to Disneyland yet. Or worse, they are judging life via a grainy amateur YouTube video. :lol:

I've ridden the new version several times. Many of the new dolls you have to look for specifically or you'd miss them. The new music tracks are completely unnoticeable to me. I'm not a musician, so perhaps I just don't have a musical ear. But the music in the ride sounds the same to me, just more clear and more well balanced than it was before. I think they got new speakers, or digitially remastered stuff or something. It sounds great in there now.

The new doll thing is much ado about nothing. The ride looks fantastic, it sounds fantastic, and so far on every boat I've been on the kiddies love pointing out their fave characters to mom and dad. Sounds like a hit to me, but what do I know? :)
You have to really listen for the music. They don't play it with the rest of the normal ride music. Only in the area right by the character. If that makes any sense.

I was only able to hear Cinderella's music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom