A few Part Time employment questions...

MoonMouse1

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I applied for Part Time Merchandise on December 9 and on my "dashboard" it still says my application is Pending Review.

A few questions-

- For those that have applied or been hired fairly recently, how long did it take to hear back from Disney once you submitted your application?

-Will you get a response no matter what, or only if they are interested?

-On the Disney Careers website under the FAQ section it says that you are encouraged to apply for all positions you are interested in. A week or so after I applied for Part Time Merchandise they added Part Time Attractions to their list of currently available positions. I tried to apply for this position as well but it says "You have previously applied to the maximum number of jobs allowed at this time". I did notice that when I try to apply for other Hourly positions it will not let me, but when I try to apply to a salaried position it will let me. Do they only let you apply to one Hourly position at a time for some reason? And because I applied for Merchandise will they not consider me for Attractions at all?

- When I was 16 (a little over 10 years ago) I went to a Disney job fair with a friend...we were both hired to work at Hollywood Studios (then MGM) in attractions. I went to the Traditions class and then decided I did not want to drive that far to work and never showed up after Traditions (which I now obviously regret :(...but I was young at the time and just looked at it as "another job"). Will this affect my hiring status in any way? I figured because it was over 10 years ago it wouldn't matter, but could this be what is holding up my application?

In the past few years I have become very passionate about the Disney company. I already have my AA degree and am currently going to UCF for Hospitality with the hope of working my way up with the Disney company. I would eventually love to be an area manager in one of the theme parks, but I figured I need to get my foot in the door somewhere- thus applying for an hourly position- which I feel I am more than qualified for...not to mention that I am more knowledgeable about the company, parks, etc. than many people that are currently working there.

Just wondering what I need to do (if there is anything else I CAN do) to get hired by Disney!

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

swrtrr

I can't really answer any of your questions, but I applied for the same position on October 26th, and my dashboard shows that my application is still pending review. This position was just recently taken down off the site.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

Hey everyone! I applied for Part Time Merchandise on December 9 and on my "dashboard" it still says my application is Pending Review.

A few questions-

- For those that have applied or been hired fairly recently, how long did it take to hear back from Disney once you submitted your application?

-Will you get a response no matter what, or only if they are interested?

-On the Disney Careers website under the FAQ section it says that you are encouraged to apply for all positions you are interested in. A week or so after I applied for Part Time Merchandise they added Part Time Attractions to their list of currently available positions. I tried to apply for this position as well but it says "You have previously applied to the maximum number of jobs allowed at this time". I did notice that when I try to apply for other Hourly positions it will not let me, but when I try to apply to a salaried position it will let me. Do they only let you apply to one Hourly position at a time for some reason? And because I applied for Merchandise will they not consider me for Attractions at all?

- When I was 16 (a little over 10 years ago) I went to a Disney job fair with a friend...we were both hired to work at Hollywood Studios (then MGM) in attractions. I went to the Traditions class and then decided I did not want to drive that far to work and never showed up after Traditions (which I now obviously regret :(...but I was young at the time and just looked at it as "another job"). Will this affect my hiring status in any way? I figured because it was over 10 years ago it wouldn't matter, but could this be what is holding up my application?

In the past few years I have become very passionate about the Disney company. I already have my AA degree and am currently going to UCF for Hospitality with the hope of working my way up with the Disney company. I would eventually love to be an area manager in one of the theme parks, but I figured I need to get my foot in the door somewhere- thus applying for an hourly position- which I feel I am more than qualified for...not to mention that I am more knowledgeable about the company, parks, etc. than many people that are currently working there.

Just wondering what I need to do (if there is anything else I CAN do) to get hired by Disney!

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

It all depends honestly, I had a reply from them in under 24 hours and had my interview scheduled by the next day. Worst comes to worst, call casting, call casting, call casting, and call casting some more.

As for technically kinda being a former cast member, they may ask you to provide other work information (like what you've done since leaving Disney and all) I'm not sure though, I had a friend who was a CM for 5 years and was let go for attendance and after a year re-applied and they asked her to provide letterheads from her employers that she's had since then and basically explain how she would become a better CM, but in your case not sure how it would go down :/

I wish you tons of luck in being able to join the Magic once again!!

PartOfYourWorld

Well if this helps, I applied to the part time attractions job in December and just heard back from them today. Waiting to schedule my interview...anyone know if it will be a phone interview or an in-person???? Will have to schedule flights down there for that.

enchanted_belle

Well if this helps, I applied to the part time attractions job in December and just heard back from them today. Waiting to schedule my interview...anyone know if it will be a phone interview or an in-person???? Will have to schedule flights down there for that.

We've been over this, do it while I'm there :animwink: haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom