A few more questions

Matt7187

Original Poster
Ok, so I have a couple more questions:

-Are the lines for RSR still as insane as last year? Will I still need to get in line before the park opens for a FP?

-Is BTMR the only ride closed from August 7-13?

-Does anyone happen to know if there is re-entry for the expo?

Thanks! :)

Ok, so I have a couple more questions:

-Are the lines for RSR still as insane as last year? Will I still need to get in line before the park opens for a FP?

-Is BTMR the only ride closed from August 7-13?

-Does anyone happen to know if there is re-entry for the expo?

Thanks! :)

The lines are still long for RSR. Your best bet is to get a FP right at opening, or wait for single-rider later in the day.

Yes.

You can leave and re-enter the Expo as many times as you want. Just show your badge at the entrance doors to enter and you'll be all set.

Matt7187

Original Poster
One more question for you DL experts:

-What are some signature foods and drinks I should try? I know there is some frozen drink in the Cozy Cone, but what other foods like that are there that aren't at WDW?

teacherlady19

We were just there two weeks ago. RSR lines were 20 minutes right after park opening, jumped to 90 minutes by 10 am (2 hours after opening) and were 120 minutes long by afternoon. Fast pass line at opening was a breeze. I was in it before rope drop, and once 8 am came along, it took me less than 20 minutes to make it through the line. We pulled a 10 to 11 am fast pass time.

Food and drinks -- yes, the mint juleps (French Market and Blue Bayou), Monte Cristo (Blue Bayou) for sure!

Donna

TuffyCatt

Aren't mint juleps alcoholic? And I don't know what a monte cristo is, so...

Mint juleps often are alcoholic, but not at Disneyland! It's a dry park except for Club 33, so Disneyland's Mint Julep is alcohol free (but still delicious!)

Monte Cristo is a type of sandwich usually dipped in batter and fried. Can be made with a variety of meats and cheeses but most commonly ham and some kind of cheese (which gets all melty and is very good).

Californian Elitist

Aren't mint juleps alcoholic? And I don't know what a monte cristo is, so...

There's no alcohol in the mint juleps. A Monte Cristo is a ham, turkey and Swiss sandwich. The bread is sweet and it's served with some sort of jelly sauce. It's really good. If you do get one, make sure to get it at Café Orleans and not Blue Bayou.

Matt7187

Original Poster
There's no alcohol in the mint juleps. A Monte Cristo is a ham, turkey and Swiss sandwich. The bread is sweet and it's served with some sort of jelly sauce. It's really good. If you do get one, make sure to get it at Café Orleans and not Blue Bayou.

Mint juleps often are alcoholic, but not at Disneyland! It's a dry park except for Club 33, so Disneyland's Mint Julep is alcohol free (but still delicious!)

Monte Cristo is a type of sandwich usually dipped in batter and fried. Can be made with a variety of meats and cheeses but most commonly ham and some kind of cheese (which gets all melty and is very good).
Oh, ok! Thanks guys! :)

Cosmic Commando

And don't forget the fried part! The whole sandwich is battered, fried and served with (boysenberry, lingonberry?) jam for dipping.

Cosmic Commando

What's everyone's opinion of the twists and Boysen Apple Freeze at Princess Fantasy Faire? Those are all unique to DL, for now at least. I'm probably going to get the Boysen Apple Freeze, just for that teeny tiny touch of California history... it's a perfect addition for Disneyland.

Cosmic Commando

Ah, of course! That's most likely the best part about that lovely sandwich. Scrumptious.

I've never in my life heard of lingonberry. What is that?
I'm no berry connoisseur, so I'll just say that it tastes dark red. Not like raspberry, more like a loganberry. It's what you get with your meatballs at IKEA.

Cosmic Commando

What's a loganberry LOL?
1144681b6e7d4d8448cf3ae1f7f447c2.jpg

Also available in berry form, but this is how everyone in Buffalo knows it. I'll try to bring some to CA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom