A few booking questions?

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Ok. So I booked a place holder cruise in Sept when we cruised on the Dream. I will be re-booking once the 2015 summer dates come out :)
1. will I be able to pick my stateroom on this type of booking? On my Sept cruise I was not able to pick but ended up loving the room I got!!:inlove:

2. If I pay in full at day of booking can I pick my room then? I am not sure what the time frame for picking your room is since I was unable last time.

3. of the summer cruises coming out looking at past blackout dates will the Panama Canal be on this list? I know they are just rumors but I am going to assume the Iceland cruise will be blacked out. what about any of the other European cruises? trying to figure out what we want. ( also since what we really want to do Iceland will probably be blacked out so trying to convince DH to do another 4 night dream cruise on Sept since we will already be down at Disney!! not really going for it at the moment :mad:)

Thanks for any info and I am aware any summer 2015 information is just rumors.

Disneyfalcon

Ok. So I booked a place holder cruise in Sept when we cruised on the Dream. I will be re-booking once the 2015 summer dates come out :)
1. will I be able to pick my stateroom on this type of booking? On my Sept cruise I was not able to pick but ended up loving the room I got!!:inlove:

2. If I pay in full at day of booking can I pick my room then? I am not sure what the time frame for picking your room is since I was unable last time.

3. of the summer cruises coming out looking at past blackout dates will the Panama Canal be on this list? I know they are just rumors but I am going to assume the Iceland cruise will be blacked out. what about any of the other European cruises? trying to figure out what we want. ( also since what we really want to do Iceland will probably be blacked out so trying to convince DH to do another 4 night dream cruise on Sept since we will already be down at Disney!! not really going for it at the moment :mad:)

Thanks for any info and I am aware any summer 2015 information is just rumors.

Unless you are booking a last minute restricted fare (which you won't be in this case) or your category is close to full and has been moved into GT status (which is possible but unlikely if you're booking opening day) then you can pick a room when you book. You do not have to pay in full, you don't even have to have the deposit down. It's part of the booking process.

We're completely guessing on what will be blacked out, but I'm guessing no blackout for Panama Canal. I'd also guess that some of the Europe cruises will not be blacked out, although others almost certainly will be.

You should have a day or two to decide after they are announced and before you can book. :)

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Unless you are booking a last minute restricted fare (which you won't be in this case) or your category is close to full and has been moved into GT status (which is possible but unlikely if you're booking opening day) then you can pick a room when you book. You do not have to pay in full, you don't even have to have the deposit down. It's part of the booking process.

We're completely guessing on what will be blacked out, but I'm guessing no blackout for Panama Canal. I'd also guess that some of the Europe cruises will not be blacked out, although others almost certainly will be.

You should have a day or two to decide after they are announced and before you can book. :)

Thanks Disneyfalcon. Pananma Canal was on our list of to do soooo maybe that will be our decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom