A Diminishing Gradience of the Illusion ( Orlando's Development Near Walt Disney World Borders)

Thoughts on surrounding developments near Walt Disney World borders

• The Residential Development Is Warrented, Does Not Propose Problems

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • The Property Should Be Aquired By Reedy Creek Improvement District (Preservation/Agriculture)

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters

halltd

They already annexed off Disney land for the Four Seasons and allowed it to be built to a height which is easily visible on the monorail and in the Contemporary (and also from Fort Wilderness). I don't see them being concerned about outside development. As sad as that is, I think it's the path going forward.

Also, I'm not 100% positive of the story behind Bonnet Creek, but that development completely destroyed the secluded nature of Caribbean Beach. I stayed there for the first time since the hotel opened (my only other stay there) and was appalled at how close/intrusive Bonnet Creek was to the resort. It was the first thing visible when I opened my hotel room door. Again, the days of visible intrusions being "against the rules" are long gone unfortunately.

GrumpyFan

Also, I'm not 100% positive of the story behind Bonnet Creek, but that development completely destroyed the secluded nature of Caribbean Beach. I stayed there for the first time since the hotel opened (my only other stay there) and was appalled at how close/intrusive Bonnet Creek was to the resort. It was the first thing visible when I opened my hotel room door. Again, the days of visible intrusions being "against the rules" are long gone unfortunately.

Werner Weiss explains it best here, The Mysteries of the Bonnet Creek Resort.

Dice50

Just my opinion, but I would love it if Disney bought all undeveloped land within 100 miles of the resort and preserved it as wilderness, with no plans to ever develop it.

bethymouse

I just wish that River Country and other "old" parts of Disney would be reused/redeveloped in some way by Disney! Isn't Disney Springs almost like a separate entity from WDW, even though it's a part of the "property"? I mean, it's so close to other hotels in the area, etc...
I don't see a problem with it, but it would be nice to aquire that land for a fifth gate. I can dream, can't I?:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom