A crackpot theory about shows and how they solve the WDW capacity crisis.

JoeCamel

At least 2 shows on the scale of Fantasmic that are timed throughout the day at every park. Also parades. °O°
Discuss?
And where is the opportunity to make money in that scenario?They parks exist to make TWDC money not to please you personally. If they can't pry your wallet open to buy merch they failed.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Large scale shows are strategically scheduled at the end of the day because they help to get guests in a centralized area and out of the park. They can do some targeted selling of stuff to help generate revenue like snacks, light toys and specifically Magic Kingdom the close proximity of the Mainstreet USA gift shops. To me its more of a crowd control mechanism to help get parks cleaned out at the end of the day.

Lilofan

Ooh, live shows. Too much labor cost. They're trying to get rid of those, not add them.

And Disney doesn't think they have a capacity crisis.
And the risk of the performers getting injured in the job. Workers comp comes out of company profits.

mousetrap rick

Original Poster
Large scale shows are strategically scheduled at the end of the day because they help to get guests in a centralized area and out of the park.

This but ×3 and throughout the day. Maybe not so much a live actor show but much higher capacity FoP type ride/show/eXpErIencEs that last longer and is cool so it moves merchandise.

Ooh, live shows. Too much labor cost. They're trying to get rid of those, not add them.

And Disney doesn't think they have a capacity crisis.

Its both incredible and unsettling to have an existential meditation to and from Magic Kingdom about your place in the universe and what this place even is literally and what it means to throngs of people. I shudder to think what would happen should Bryce Dallas Howard let the Indominus Rex out like a goof.
I would even go so far as to say that MK needs a second major exit/entry in the event of an emergency, like a building requires to have 2 fire exits or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom