A Christmas Surprise of a Lifetime - Accomplished

Well we have returned to reality (sadly) and have an amazing assortment of memories that I will cherish forever.

As a reminder, the wife and I planned a surprise for our 3 children (5, 2 and 6 months) from Santa. We guided them into putting Disney on the brain and their letters to santa included a trip to Disney.

thefamily_zps0fcc33aa.jpg

4 days/3 nights at Art of Animation starting on Christmas Morning.

We knew we were in for crowds. We were prepared ... and because of careful planning, rational decisions and going at the kid's speed... we had a magical experience even while the parks were at capacity.

(I don't yet have all the pictures uploaded to the interwebs, so for now... you just got woven a tale.)

Our story begins on Christmas Eve. I spent the few hours at work preparing the last items for the big reveal. I filled a large back with Mickey balloons, I created a binder with maps, pictures and a letter from Santa, I packed the new individual suitcases for the kids and put a big red bow on them... and then as soon as I got out of work I went and got the rental car. I got a rental car because the wife and kids drove down to orlando to stay at the In-Laws house on the Friday before... more time with family.

The plan for Christmas Eve was for me to arrive and then we would open the "few" non-santa presents. My in-laws went a little overboard with the presents, despite me asking everyone to avoid presents this year. Following presents, we would put them in bed, have a nice adult Christmas Dinner and then santa would visit.

Of course I couldn't sleep soundly, I was way too excited.

tiaragirl

I am loving this trip report. It's so awesome how you guys kept everything a secret and gave Santa all the credit! You also played "Santa" with someone else, which really says a lot about your character.. random acts of kindness are underrated!

I laughed out loud when I read the "Clearly they will grow up to be addicted to Meth and make poor life choices".. hahaha that's how I react to some of the things on here, too.

I love your kids' names! It's so funny, because my name is Kenzie - if I was a boy, I was going to be Jacob (my grandfathers's name, but he died long before I was born), so I've been conditioned to love it. And Charlotte is my favourite girl name. Go figure!

Looking forward to the last!

mousetime

Love it there at Christmas we did the same thing 4 years ago .We were going to go again this Christmas but we didn't . So we will just sit back and enjoy your trip report. Sound like you had a great time, can not wait for more.

Tigger19

I know this thread is older but I just came across it! I'm going over at Christmas time as well and I was wondering how busy MK was on Christmas day? Our travel agent told us that the parks would be really quiet but other people have told us that they can close during the day and you can't get in? Also just how warm is it? What kind of clothes would you need to pack?
Loved this trip report btw! Your kids are all adorable, looks like you all had a brilliant time :)

ratherbeinwdw

I know this thread is older but I just came across it! I'm going over at Christmas time as well and I was wondering how busy MK was on Christmas day? Our travel agent told us that the parks would be really quiet but other people have told us that they can close during the day and you can't get in? Also just how warm is it? What kind of clothes would you need to pack?
Loved this trip report btw! Your kids are all adorable, looks like you all had a brilliant time :)
You need a new travel agent ;).

Tigger19

So it'll be really packed then? Aw well we usually go out in July and August so if the crowds are anyway like that then I don't think I'll mind :)
Now what about the weather? Can we expect shorts and tank tops or hoodies and jeans?

ratherbeinwdw

So it'll be really packed then? Aw well we usually go out in July and August so if the crowds are anyway like that then I don't think I'll mind :)
Now what about the weather? Can we expect shorts and tank tops or hoodies and jeans?
There's no way to know at this point. We've been where we froze our bottoms off and when we could wear short sleeves during the day and light jackets at night. You'll have to wait until it gets closer and check the weather then.
Christmas week crowds are even worse than July or August. Early Dec. to the end of the second week, is fine, but after that until Jan. it's a mad house with park closings very possible. You can get around this by doing early hours and late hours. If the weather is cold, the late hours aren't bad at all. If it isn't cold, they can be pretty crowded also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom