A Brief and Incomplete History of Splash Mountain

George Lucas on a Bench

d30bda652bb5a0254417e35207896ba5.jpg

PiratesMansion

Man, Splash Mountain hands down has the best soundtrack of anything Disney’s produced. Both Disneyland and WDW.

That's subjective.

Give me Mansion's soundtrack any day (particularly the WDW/Tokyo version with that lovely meloncholy music room!), or Phantom Manor, Mystic Manor (oh God, I'm one of THOSE Mansion obsessives!), 2005 Space Mountain, Tiki Room, or even a Main Street/Esplanade soundtrack instead.

I enjoy Splash's soundtrack, but it's not one I've ever felt compelled to seek out when I'm off of the ride. But then, Splash has always been my least favorite of the castle park E-tickets.

Brer Oswald

That's subjective.

Give me Mansion's soundtrack any day (particularly the WDW/Tokyo version with that lovely meloncholy music room!), or Phantom Manor, Mystic Manor (oh God, I'm one of THOSE Mansion obsessives!), 2005 Space Mountain, Tiki Room, or even a Main Street/Esplanade soundtrack instead.

I enjoy Splash's soundtrack, but it's not one I've ever felt compelled to seek out when I'm off of the ride. But then, Splash has always been my least favorite of the castle park E-tickets.
The Mansion’s have a soundtrack that consists of multiple variants of one song. Some people love that style of soundtrack. I don’t care for it. The only version of Grim Grinning Ghosts that I like is the Graveyard. But I guess how you feel about Splash is how I feel about Mansion. I really don’t like it. It’s overrated status makes me like it less.

mickEblu

The Mansion’s have a soundtrack that consists of multiple variants of one song. Some people love that style of soundtrack. I don’t care for it. The only version of Grim Grinning Ghosts that I like is the Graveyard. But I guess how you feel about Splash is how I feel about Mansion. I really don’t like it. It’s overrated status makes me like it less.

I love them both but regardless of which is better the Splash soundtrack is iconic and will not be topped by what replaces it.

Captain Neo

The Old Gray Mare figure didn't make it into the finished attraction either, I believe.

And now I have yet another reason to attend the archives. I was allowed into the lobby when I toured the studio last fall, and had a neat photo op with an academy award. But the actual cool stuff was kept hidden.

The Rock N Roll Storke also did not make it into the attraction. Rumored to have been a testing AA for imagineers at WDI HQ. The dancing pig that was supposed to be in splash mountain ended up rotting in the America sings building. It’s also unclear what happened to the animals from the home on the range scene aside from the turtle and hound.

mickEblu

Dude that's a great photo! It's crazy how photogenic this ride is.

Thanks! I’m going to be prioritizing Splash on every trip from here on out.

We re stuck right now before the last drop. They just turned on the lights and I think We re about to get walked off

3E83C96F-B812-4DA0-A1E9-97FBCE8C5D06.jpeg

519C7E71-A955-411F-ADDB-908BAB64B347.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom