A Brief and Incomplete History of Splash Mountain

mickEblu

I’ll miss the carrots. Even as a kid I always thought that was so creative.

96BE9DA4-BE22-450E-B0EE-F19E43F64C46.jpeg

Consumer

I wonder if these could be placed somewhere in Frontierland. Shooting Exposition, perhaps? Although, how long that attraction has left until it's deemed problematic is a concern. I don't know, but I just find the loss of even more Marc Davis in the parks to be a lamentable change.

Brer Panther

Reminder, this is either happening because Disney was afraid of the demand on Twitter for Splash Mountain to be rethemed leading to a Disney Plus boycott, or because they want to sell Tiana merchandise and "Instagrammable" food.

drizgirl

Reminder, this is either happening because Disney was afraid of the demand on Twitter for Splash Mountain to be rethemed leading to a Disney Plus boycott, or because they want to sell Tiana merchandise and "Instagrammable" food.
Disney didn’t sell much PATF merchandise when the movie was brand new. Let’s hope that’s not what they are banking on. There will be a nice flurry when it opens but I doubt it stays strong over time.

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
Somehow never noticed those.

Seeing all these photos of details made me realize that it's gonna totally destroy me whenever this ride ends up having its final day of operation.

The ride is visible from three different lands (four if you count the brief glimpse you can catch of it in the hub), looks believable within the context of Disneyland, and blends perfectly with the Rivers of America and the more rustic elements of Critter Country. Most of the more whimsical elements are contained within the attraction- which is perfect and as it should be.

It's a master class in themed design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom