A borrowing points senario.

PrincessASquare

Original Poster
I recently booked a trip from Dec 1- Dec 6 2009. We will be staying at our home resort (SSR) in a two bedroom. The point total is 189 points. We had to borrow 21 points from 2010 to make it happen. If I wanted to change resorts to the AKV at the seven month mark, it would be 152 points if we stayed in the "value" section of the resort. Would my borrowed 2010 points be restored to 2009, or would I lose them? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

DisneyPhD

Hi again! :wave: Yes those borrowed points can still be used, but they must be used in the 2009 use year. They cannot be returned to the 2010 year. A call to member services should be able to answer your question. I'm sure they get this happening all the time.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I believe that they would make certain to use your borrowed points for the new reservation, allowing the now "leftover" 2009 points to be banked, as long as you are switching your reservation prior to your banking deadline.

For instance, my December use year has a banking deadline of July 31, so if I were to want to change my reservation in August and use fewer points, I would be out of luck for banking them. Member Services CMs have done amazing things in order to save me from losing points and are very creative thinkers, I'm sure you'll be fine.

slappy magoo

Seems silly to me, too, when it comes to changing a reservation as opposed to canceling a trip entirely. But I BELIEVE you'll still use your borrowed points on this trip. The 2009 points you now have left over can be banked for 2010. And as long as you use them in 2010, it all balances out.

BirdsOfPreyDave

It should be automatic, but just remind the cast member that you want to be sure the borrowed points get used first when they make the new AKV reservation. That way the leftover points will be 2009 UY points, and if you're still in the first 8 months of your use year when you make the change, can be banked to 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom