A bit of a whoops with Wishes tonight

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
The group next to me managed to both squirt water on the head of a lady sitting next to me and spit on my leg within 5 minutes of their arrival.

WDWScottieBoy

MrNonacho said:
The group next to me managed to both squirt water on the head of a lady sitting next to me and spit on my leg within 5 minutes of their arrival.

Where were you sitting? I had the group in front of me, and then off to my right there was a HUGE group that were all in red shirts. I know there was also a group right in front of the Emporium as well, and I'm sure there was about 50 others throughout the park. :lol:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
Where were you sitting?

I was standing on the curb near the Ice Cream Parlor. The group was a rather small one wearing white shirts. I could also see two or three other groups on the other side of the street from my position.

They are really out in force lately, but most of them did seem to be better behaved than in the past. They also added some life to the minutes leading up to Fantasmic a few nights ago.

djronnieb

Disney should charge Brazilians 10 times the price everyone else pays for everything, maybe that would teach them to behaive! Dirty ________________!

boo52

Thelazer said:
As far as "fire-one" goes, disable the local timecode backup next time.
We are not to disable local backup. We have had times where TC has dropped out for no reason and then came back. So our policy is to keep local backup engaged. It was also decided that night to keep going. If we were to have stopped firing and then they decided that they would not be able to reboot, we would have had to dump of the program and reload a semi auto fire file. Don't even know if one exists for Wishes because it was never intended to be shot that way.

Blizz

ComputerChris, I must say I run more theatrical productions then events such as concerts and I must say that running even a Hog 500 beats any ETC console just for the shear range of possibilities built into the OS. The first huge diff. for me with ETC and Hog is the Hog's ability to program cues quickly, which for me is good when you have an insane director breathing down you neck. The ability to name your cues is also a lifesaver in the event your timecode does drop out, you are able to use TC simulation and keep the show running by easily looking at your output and then from there picking your new cue and going with it. The ability to loop with in a cue is also a lifesaver (especially in the event your drummer decides it's his turn to take a 10 minute drum solo). However I will say I have been plesently delighted with the Obsession and how ETC has made it a networked Console through ETCnet2.

I am glad to hear that WDW does own a Grand MA however I see it going more to waste in a night club. I would see it more beneficial at the Castle Forecourt Stage for events such as the Grad Nite concerts.

spectrodanny

Computer Magic said:
Or who was operating the computer drunk?:lol:
no whoever was operating the computer must've been at it the night laughingplace.com taped it as only the first 2 buildings on either side of the castle end of Main St went dark.

peter11435

spectrodanny said:
no whoever was operating the computer must've been at it the night laughingplace.com taped it as only the first 2 buildings on either side of the castle end of Main St went dark.
Thats all that ever goes dark with Wishes.

KumbaRider

True. Otherwise the people oblivious to the fireworks shopping on Main Street would come out into darkness and complain, probaby trip, then sue.

lightboy

Sorry I'm late!!! I feel really stupid posting this too late, but here goes guys!

"I doubt that Illuminations or Wishes is running Catalyst because most of their fixtures are HES Studio Colors, Studio Spots, and Cyberlights"...

Actually...Wishes only uses VariLite Irideons (Color Wash), HES Cyberlights (Gobo Projection and Effects) on the castle....and then LED SpectraPARs to light the arches on the Cinderellabration set-piece! The only moving lights that Illuminations has....are SynchroLites that are on the building tops...which are 'like' Sky-Tracker moving lights that can color-mix...more like giant moving washing machines. I believe they have STATIC (non-moving) color mixing lights on the inside of Earth Globe, but I'm actually not quite sure about there...they'd probably be some type of HES exterior fixture. But neither show runs Studio Colors or Studio Spots.

Boo was right...the Castle is run off of a WholeHog II....except, it is NOT the console. There is NOOO console for the Castle Forecourt Stage. Instead, we use WholeHog II PC. A PC is a lot easier to maintain, rather than an OLD 486 clunky console, that you have to kill for parts, because they've discontinued it! :)

Blizz....yes, the GrandMA does kick serious butt. And yes, we actually DO use it for Grad Nite and Night of Joy. I believe for the last 2 years, that is the console that has run the Castle Stage. This year for NOJ, we'll have a GMA as well....ugh, to just think load-in is only a couple weeks away...argh!

Just my 2 cents...thought you guys would like to indulge yourself in all of that, haha....sorry, would have replied earlier, but I've been workin a lot lately!

G'day! :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
lightboy said:
Sorry I'm late!!! I feel really stupid posting this too late, but here goes guys!

"I doubt that Illuminations or Wishes is running Catalyst because most of their fixtures are HES Studio Colors, Studio Spots, and Cyberlights"...

Actually...Wishes only uses VariLite Irideons (Color Wash), HES Cyberlights (Gobo Projection and Effects) on the castle....and then LED SpectraPARs to light the arches on the Cinderellabration set-piece! The only moving lights that Illuminations has....are SynchroLites that are on the building tops...which are 'like' Sky-Tracker moving lights that can color-mix...more like giant moving washing machines. I believe they have STATIC (non-moving) color mixing lights on the inside of Earth Globe, but I'm actually not quite sure about there...they'd probably be some type of HES exterior fixture. But neither show runs Studio Colors or Studio Spots.

Boo was right...the Castle is run off of a WholeHog II....except, it is NOT the console. There is NOOO console for the Castle Forecourt Stage. Instead, we use WholeHog II PC. A PC is a lot easier to maintain, rather than an OLD 486 clunky console, that you have to kill for parts, because they've discontinued it! :)

Blizz....yes, the GrandMA does kick serious butt. And yes, we actually DO use it for Grad Nite and Night of Joy. I believe for the last 2 years, that is the console that has run the Castle Stage. This year for NOJ, we'll have a GMA as well....ugh, to just think load-in is only a couple weeks away...argh!

Just my 2 cents...thought you guys would like to indulge yourself in all of that, haha....sorry, would have replied earlier, but I've been workin a lot lately!

G'day! :)

Wow, and I thought they just used a couple of CM's with flashlights and jars with colored water in them..... :lookaroun

Thelazer

The MA is NOT going to waste in a nightclub.. far..FAR from it.
That thing gets more use than you'd ever guess!

Boo: Yea, I see the point about the TC dropping out. Does raise an intresting point, should there be a backup plan?

NadieMasK2

Mr. Nonacho, my family was sitting on the curb very close to where you were for about an hour and a half waiting for the show. My kids had never seen Wishes before. :(

I was pretty sad when the sound stopped, but thought, well at least on our last night we have PS for O'Hana's for 9:30 and Wishes is at 10 so that's ok.

Lo and behold, we get to the Poly at 9:15 to hear fireworks and very quietly the Wishes soundtrack. I get upstairs and ask what the heck is going on, and she said for some reason tonight the show was at 9 instead of 10, and that WDW-dine had told everyone wrong, and that many people had complained to her who had PS for the show.

I cried. :cry: Seriously. DH felt really bad.

Oh and by the way within just a few minutes I had a chocolate gooey liquid spilled on my pants from "the groups". :brick:

arcsbite

i<3disney4ever said:
disney made a human error!!!!! disney messed up? *thinks* NAH disney is TOO perfect. or is it........? :lookaroun (ya it is lol)

surely a technical/mechanical/computer error and not a human one?

lightboy

"Wow, and I thought they just used a couple of CM's with flashlights and jars with colored water in them....."

That's the backup lighting plan! :) hehehehe....

Tom

Beta Return
It's so very sad that I sit here in Indiana, at my PC, at 1:49am on a Sunday - and digest every word of the lighting control console arguments! I should have gone to bed an hour or two ago, but NOOOOOO....I can't stop reading this two page thread that has every PRO and CON argument for nearly every ETC and Hog product ever made! I LOVE it!

I think, after having read this entire thread (and a few others regarding pyrotechnics) I could design and fire my own pryomusical with theater lighting on buildings, haha! Of course, at least I'd have a backup plan for when my windows box crashes :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom