A Bazillion Brazilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

banimall

Original Poster
Just a random thought. I had read it on someone's trip report and also saw first hand that the Brazilians have landed. I noticed that the tour groups all wear the same outfits when visiting the park. It would cost a fortune but may be worth it. How about handing out a blue shirt (or any color) to everyone visiting the park that isn't in a Brazilian tour group. That would sure freak them out.

PaisleyMF

I think they gave out red shirts in early June, but the Brazilians were late.

The early June crowd with the red shirts are not as loud as the Brazilians. Now, they don't just wear red, this is only to identify that specific tour group.

DizneyPryncess

I saw a ton of Brazilian tour groups in July! All kinds of varied colored shirts from red, to blue, to orange. I heard that they get great discounts, which must be awesome.

When I went in late june - early july there was so many Brazilians that I didn't know what to do. All different kinds of tour shirts also. I thought they were there for the jump roping competion that had been going on but I guess I was wrong.

pilka214

there are soo many of them, and with the way our dollar is now, their trips are a steal.... if u go to the florida mall they are all buying ipods, xboxs, anything over $100 they have it... lol.... oh and they take every single good pair of soccer cleats in teh outlet centers... which would leave me w/ very limited choices... :mad::mad::mad:

Rob562

When I went in late june - early july there was so many Brazilians that I didn't know what to do. All different kinds of tour shirts also. I thought they were there for the jump roping competion that had been going on but I guess I was wrong.

If the ropes you're talking about them jumping are the ones in the queues, you weren't wrong.... :lookaroun

-Rob

AstareGod

Oh they've been here for a while. I think I began seeing some in late June and they're still here. They are such a pleasure to work with :hammer: ... why oh why do I come to work during the summer?!

kc1296426

There were SO many in the past couple days that I've been at WDW... a lot. Everywhere you turned they would be there, always chanting and causing a commotion of some sort. Most of the groups were very rude and taunting, but there were some groups that were actually polite and understanding. I talked to a group where they were only allowed to talk in english because they were in an english learning class from Brazil... they were cool.

a2grafix

Just out of curiosity, how long do the Brazilians visit WDW and the other amusement parks in Central Florida? Based on recent numbers, what is their length of stay? June through July? June through August?

jessyhalifax

i was there a couple of weeks ago and there were about 20 groups all over property. and once we were waiting outside rrc and there was a large group , probbably waiting for someone to fastpasses and they started chanting and cheering and taking up the whole courtyard it was hard to move. Another group had just come off of the rrc and the whole group thats around 50-40 of them had dream fastpasses and some where in the yoamd rules it says brazilans aren't allowed to win prices

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
i was there a couple of weeks ago and there were about 20 groups all over property. and once we were waiting outside rrc and there was a large group , probbably waiting for someone to fastpasses and they started chanting and cheering and taking up the whole courtyard it was hard to move. Another group had just come off of the rrc and the whole group thats around 50-40 of them had dream fastpasses and some where in the yoamd rules it says brazilans aren't allowed to win prices

If a cast member gives the group a stack of Dream Fastpasses, then they didn't WIN them. They were given to them. There IS a difference.

And I'm pretty sure that the Official rules DO NOT specifically exclude people from Brazil. I'd check and give you the exact wording, but I got to go to work.

MicheleK

We were there the week of the 14 - 18 and they were EVERYWHERE!!! While we were waiting for our Fast Pass time to roll around for Sorin, a CM there held all of us AMERICANS back while she let a whole Brazillian tour group go ahead of us :eek:. Everyone was furious :fork:. My husband spoke to the CM (who was of a foreign nationality I might add) but got ignored. He tried the other CM closer to the ride and she was mortified. She held the whole Brazillian group back while us AMERICANS with our Fast Passes road on the next ride :D........I liked her! :sohappy:

kcnole

Another group had just come off of the rrc and the whole group thats around 50-40 of them had dream fastpasses and some where in the yoamd rules it says brazilans aren't allowed to win prices

No it doesn't.

Eyorefan

We were there the week of the 14 - 18 and they were EVERYWHERE!!! While we were waiting for our Fast Pass time to roll around for Sorin, a CM there held all of us AMERICANS back while she let a whole Brazillian tour group go ahead of us :eek:. Everyone was furious :fork:. My husband spoke to the CM (who was of a foreign nationality I might add) but got ignored. He tried the other CM closer to the ride and she was mortified. She held the whole Brazillian group back while us AMERICANS with our Fast Passes road on the next ride :D........I liked her! :sohappy:

Brazillians or not, I don't see the logic in letting a very large group that could take up the whole ride go in front of families.

I really think there should be some sort of rule that doesn't allow large groups of ANY kind to get Fastpasses, or make it so they have to split up into groups of 10 or so during the day. That way they aren't flooding the queu lines or blocking walk ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom