Pre-Trip A Babymoon Adventure - Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart <3

Well...here we go again. Albeit, this will be a slightly different trip than any other that we've taken. Not only will it be the shortest trip with the least time spent in the parks, but it will also be the first and only WDW trip as a party of 2.5!

You see, this trip is planned for two VERY special reasons. Firstly, we are heading back to Walt Disney World (my home away from home) to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary (also home to our Disneymoon adventure). Secondly, and more importantly, we are welcoming our first little one at the beginning of December and we wanted to celebrate at somewhere very special to us.

For reason number two listed above, this trip will be very different than any of our others. We will need to find time to relax and hang around the resort. We also won't have a commando touring style and the focus will not be on the rides or attractions. This means that I will need all of your help in planning this trip that seems so different, but familiar all at the same time.

Stay tuned to see what we have in store and please feel free to give suggestions on how best to tackle this style of trip!

mlegerto

Original Poster
Vacation Day 3 - September 3, 2018

After having a busy day planned for the day before, today we will have a bit of a lay in planned. BUT I did book a breakfast reservation at Ohana's for this morning because I felt bad about not going for our arrival dinner #cheaters!. We are debating if we will keep this, change it to Kona (or another non buffet/character breakfast) OR cancel a breakfast reservation all together and opt for something in the room or just a quick service at the resort. We aren't BIG breakfast eaters which is why the idea of a buffet may get scrapped AND we aren't the biggest fans of character meals - we foresee a lot of them in our future with bubs, so we may choose to skip it this time in lieu of free time and no schedule.

Thoughts?

We have no real plans for the day, which I am really excited about. I am thinking simply some rest and pool time and eventually strolling over to Disney Springs for some shopping and eventually for a late lunch/early dinner. Again we aren't looking to make any reservation plans so that we can just go with the flow, so we are looking for suggestions on "quick service" options. We are thinking of trying somewhere new to us like D-Luxe Burger, Daily Poutine, Blaze Pizza or returning to a fan favorite of ours Earl of Sandwich. Any suggestions?

Come the late afternoon we will be on a BIT more of a schedule as we are attending (FOR THE FIRST TIME), Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!

We plan to take advantage of entry to the parks early and arrive right for 4pm! We were able to grab a few FastPasses before the party officially begins, so instead of spending another full day in the parks (and the added expense of another park day ticket), we did this as our compromise. We also hope to take a few photos to use to reveal the gender of bubs (it's a boy for those of you reading LOL...we just haven't posted it publicly...not that this forum isn't public, but you know what I mean!) during this period of time.

For the party, I really want to line up to meet with the Seven Dwarfs (I just think this is such a cool photo with them all together!) and IF we have time, I'd also like to meet with Pooh and the gang. Other than these two photo ops, we aren't too fussed with character meet n greets for the party. Any suggestions on how to accomplish these two meet n greets - when do we really need to line up for them? Can they both be done?

Of course we need to experience some of the special offerings like the fireworks, hocus pocus show and parade. I am THINKING that if we go get a spot in the hub area around 9 for the 10:15 firework show, that we could just hunker down here all night for all three? Any thoughts on if this plan will work or we will we NEED to move between events?

Here's a brief overview of what we planned for day 3;

10:30 am - Breakfast at Ohana's (in debate if we will keep)
Rest, relax, pool time
1:30 pm - head over to Disney Springs
Lunch, shopping
3:30 pm - depart for Magic Kingdom
4:00 pm - early entrance to Magic Kingdom for party guests
3:20 - 4:20 pm - Enchanted Tales w Belle FP
4:20 - 5:20 pm - Jungle Cruise FP
5:25 - 6:00 pm - Peter Pans Flight FP
Gender reveal photos
Standby rides (time dependent)
7:00 pm - MNSSHP Begins
Meet n Greet with Seven Dwarfs
Meet n Greet with Pooh & Gang
Standby rides (time dependent)
9:00 pm - Get spot in hub area
One person grab food, other hold the spot down
10:15 pm - HalloWishes Fireworks
10:45 pm - Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
11:15 pm - Michey's "Boo-to-you" Parade

So a few questions for your guys about the party - HELP!

We'd like to dress up, but I cannot think of costumes. I would really like to do something "family related" to include us as a couple as well as my baby bump. I'd also like it to somehow be Disney related for the obvious reason. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Will my plan to go find a spot in the hub area an 1 hour and 15 - 1 hour and 30 minutes in advance of the fireworks work or is this cutting it too close? In addition, if we find a hub spot can we just stay here to view everything or do you really need to move in order to get views of everything?

In getting our spot, I was going to have one of us hold down the "fort" and the other run to grab some food and bring back so we can do double dose on this without wasting additional time. How are you suggestions for holding down the spot for 2 people when only 1 person will be there to do so? I know people will try to crowd in and take the spot as it will be valuable property. I assume bringing a blanket and maybe leaving a piece of a costume on the one side where it's vacant for a short period of time could work? Any thoughts on how to best do this without getting into it with other party guests?

mlegerto

Original Poster
Working through some final plans....22 days now!

I think I want to order a special/custom cake or something for our celebration dinner at California Grill - we don't have any plans after this dinner and our reservation is around 7 and we want to prolong dinner long enough to stay for HEA without a long wait so it makes sense.

I found the telephone number to call the discuss/order, but got the voicemail so I left a message and I am waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I thought I'd pick the brains of the smartest Disney people out there....YOU!

Has anyone done this before? Any photos to share/pricing information to share? Any suggestions on what we should order - remember this is the celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary AND the upcoming arrival of bubs so I'm not sure how I can combine the two.

I'm thinking maybe a mini replica of our wedding cake and then I've seen people add a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie figure. I wonder if there's a way to request a pregnant Minnie or something? Iunno. THOUGHTS?

riverside

Premium Member

I think I want to order a special/custom cake or something for our celebration dinner at California Grill - we don't have any plans after this dinner and our reservation is around 7 and we want to prolong dinner long enough to stay for HEA without a long wait so it makes sense.

I found the telephone number to call the discuss/order, but got the voicemail so I left a message and I am waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I thought I'd pick the brains of the smartest Disney people out there....YOU!

Has anyone done this before? Any photos to share/pricing information to share? Any suggestions on what we should order - remember this is the celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary AND the upcoming arrival of bubs so I'm not sure how I can combine the two.

I'm thinking maybe a mini replica of our wedding cake and then I've seen people add a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie figure. I wonder if there's a way to request a pregnant Minnie or something? Iunno. THOUGHTS?
wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com
I can't take credit for this. @Doc Disney gave me this info.

I'm so glad you asked this b/c it made me remember that I need to email them myself!!

I'm a little nervous b/c our reservation is for 8:55. I thought that would be perfect & get us up there before the fireworks. Then I checked the schedule and the fireworks start at 8:55 that day:arghh::arghh:

Nala06

I got an 8 inch cake from grand floridian bakery, custom design. Around $100. It was huge. 4 adults ate cakes for 4 days! For 2 ppl i would go w a mini 2 tiered cake.

mlegerto

Original Poster
wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com
I can't take credit for this. @Doc Disney gave me this info.

I'm so glad you asked this b/c it made me remember that I need to email them myself!!

I'm a little nervous b/c our reservation is for 8:55. I thought that would be perfect & get us up there before the fireworks. Then I checked the schedule and the fireworks start at 8:55 that day:arghh::arghh:

Oh thank you for this! I haven't received a call back yet, so I am going to try and email them!

That is cutting it close with the reservation time. I'd just keep checking until you find something with a bit more leeway, but it'll be difficult as I'm sure that's what everyone is doing with their reservation time haha. Good luck, I hope you find it! If not, maybe just try to check in early and maybe you can get up to the bar IF not at your table yet?

I got an 8 inch cake from grand floridian bakery, custom design. Around $100. It was huge. 4 adults ate cakes for 4 days! For 2 ppl i would go w a mini 2 tiered cake.

Yes, I was thinking of the mini 2 tiered cake as well. It's just the two of us and it's only a 3 full day trip and the dinner is on the evening of the second night haha. SO no real time to eat left overs. Thanks for this information!

riverside

Premium Member
That is cutting it close with the reservation time. I'd just keep checking until you find something with a bit more leeway, but it'll be difficult as I'm sure that's what everyone is doing with their reservation time haha. Good luck, I hope you find it! If not, maybe just try to check in early and maybe you can get up to the bar IF not at your table yet?
The only other time I could find was 5:15. I am going to keep checking though. I was hoping they would let us up there a few minutes early but even at that the fireworks will be going off while we should be getting situated & ordering & I doubt they would want us wandering away to watch them then!!

MomofPrincessGrace

We'd like to dress up, but I cannot think of costumes. I would really like to do something "family related" to include us as a couple as well as my baby bump. I'd also like it to somehow be Disney related for the obvious reason. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Totally not useful for this year, but maybe for next. You could always door a Pooh theme. My daughter was less than 2 months old on her first Halloween. I dressed her up as Pooh bear (yellow onesie, facepaint, ear shaped hairclips, and a red pooh shirt that came off a pooh bear). Cutest and cheapest outfit ever. One of you could be piglet and the other eyore.
We are doing MNSSHP this year for the first time. Im going to be one of the 101 Dalmations. I bought a dress for less than $10 on Amazon and am going to use some fabric paint to make back dots. Just make sure whatever you choose if lightweight and comfortable since it will still be hot.

mlegerto

Original Poster
Totally not useful for this year, but maybe for next. You could always door a Pooh theme. My daughter was less than 2 months old on her first Halloween. I dressed her up as Pooh bear (yellow onesie, facepaint, ear shaped hairclips, and a red pooh shirt that came off a pooh bear). Cutest and cheapest outfit ever. One of you could be piglet and the other eyore.
We are doing MNSSHP this year for the first time. Im going to be one of the 101 Dalmations. I bought a dress for less than $10 on Amazon and am going to use some fabric paint to make back dots. Just make sure whatever you choose if lightweight and comfortable since it will still be hot.

OMG the Pooh Bear idea is SO incredibly cute. Love it....maybe next year when bubs is actually in the picture haha. Yes, it HAS to be lightweight and comfortable, 100% agreed...otherwise I may melt and just have a miserable time (which then in turn makes my husbands time miserable LOL).

There's always Pacha and his wife Chicha from Emperor's New Groove. Then bubs is part of the costume since Chicha is pregnant in the movie!

Oh that's a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that. I'll have to look into it now. Thank you!

mlegerto

Original Poster
Ok, so I FINALLY heard back from someone at the Contemporary Resort in regards to our request for a custom cake for our California Grill dinner reservation. We quickly spoke about a mini tired cake (marble cake with vanilla buttercream) for $35 and adding the white chocolate Mickey and Minnie figurines with gold accents for $30. Unfortunately they weren't able to do anything about making Minnie pregnant or had any ideas on how to incorporate that aspect (unless I was looking for a $100+ up-charge), so we just decided that the message would be "THE SMITHS, est. 2015" (this is NOT our real last night, just using it as a reference).

For anyone who is looking to do something similar, it was hard to actually get in contact with someone. I called the Contemporary Resorts Cake Request (or whatever you want to call it) line on Friday morning. Didn't hear back from them so on Friday afternoon I decided to try and send an email as a follow up. Finally heard back from someone on Tuesday evening (around 7pm). Part of our discussion is that I would like to have the mini tired cake look like a replica of our wedding cake. She said that SOMETIMES this can happen, but depends how elaborate our cake was. I explained to her that it was pretty basic so I didn't think it was too elaborate. She asked me to email her a photo so she could look and let me know if it could be done AND if it could be done if there would be a further up-charge, so I did directly after our call on Tuesday night. I didn't hear back from her so yesterday night (Wednesday) I sent a follow up email just asking her if she could confirm she received my email and if the replica could be done/if there was an additional charge. Haven't heard back from her. I'm going to leave it for now and follow up again tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't heard. I do appreciate that they are busy and can't drop whatever they are doing to respond immediately to every email/call, but I also feel like when you are paying for additional items there should be some customer service/follow up.

I've got to say, the person that I spoke with was nice, but was not very helpful. She very much seemed like she was just running through a checklist and wasn't really able to offer more than the basic "do you want vanilla or chocolate" kind of options. I was a wee bit disappointed, but I'm not going to let that get me down. Oh weeeeeeelll.

Here's a photo of our wedding cake for reference (and just to break up the text a bit!).

1534422970392.png

1534422988089.png

We've also talked a bit more about it and I think we are on the verge of canceling our Ohana's breakfast reservation for our rest morning. We just like the idea of not having to be on a schedule or get up and out at any specific time. I'm just having a hard time bringing myself to actually do it LOL.

Still working on ideas for our Halloween costumes!

Recently we found our bubs gender and we did a little celebration with our family to tell them that we are having a baby boy! I had made a cake and filled the middle with blue m&m's so when we cut the cake, the m&m's came pouring out. Everyone is very excited. BUT we haven't yet announced/shared bubs gender publicly - we'll, I guess you guys are the public, but you know what I mean! SO I am thinking of ways to take some photos while we are in Disney to use to reveal. I'm thinking something along the lines of purchasing a blue Mickey head balloon and taking "family photos" in front of Cinderella's castle OR buying baby mouse ears (but we don't yet have a name decided!!).
Has anyone done something similar OR have any ideas on what we can do? If you have photos (both your own or ones you've seen online) please share, I'd love to see them!

We'll, that's all I have for now.

16 days and counting!

riverside

Premium Member
Awww.....a boy!! Congrats!! A few years ago when my sister was pregnant we went to Mickey(when he talked) & she explained what was going on. They took a bunch of pictures with him pointing to her stomach. She didn't know what she was having so nothing was involved with the gender. She had a few pictures made & framed & gave them to our parents & her in-laws on Christmas that year.

Maybe try to find a stuffed baby Mickey in blue & have it in the picture??

Also, I'm feeling your frustration about the cake. I sent an email last Friday & I still haven't got a response. I called on Tuesday & left a message. Their message said they don't return calls on Wednesdays & Thursdays. I'm hoping they call me soon. We're eating there on Tuesday......:arghh:

mlegerto

Original Poster
Awww.....a boy!! Congrats!! A few years ago when my sister was pregnant we went to Mickey(when he talked) & she explained what was going on. They took a bunch of pictures with him pointing to her stomach. She didn't know what she was having so nothing was involved with the gender. She had a few pictures made & framed & gave them to our parents & her in-laws on Christmas that year.

Maybe try to find a stuffed baby Mickey in blue & have it in the picture??

Also, I'm feeling your frustration about the cake. I sent an email last Friday & I still haven't got a response. I called on Tuesday & left a message. Their message said they don't return calls on Wednesdays & Thursdays. I'm hoping they call me soon. We're eating there on Tuesday......:arghh:

Oh that's cute with Talking Mickey! I like that. Yes, I was 100% going to buy bubs his first Mickey plush on the trip...I mean it's going to be Disney official after all!

Oh no...that's awful that your reservation is so soon and you haven't heard from anyone. I was/am frustrated by it all, but at least I have some time till our trip/reservation to keep following up with them. If you are looking to do a custom cake they may tell you that they don't have enough notice if you aren't able to connect with them very soon - they would just default you to one of their "special pre-made" options based on what I've read. Keep me posted though, I hope it all works out!

riverside

Premium Member
Oh that's cute with Talking Mickey! I like that. Yes, I was 100% going to buy bubs his first Mickey plush on the trip...I mean it's going to be Disney official after all!

Oh no...that's awful that your reservation is so soon and you haven't heard from anyone. I was/am frustrated by it all, but at least I have some time till our trip/reservation to keep following up with them. If you are looking to do a custom cake they may tell you that they don't have enough notice if you aren't able to connect with them very soon - they would just default you to one of their "special pre-made" options based on what I've read. Keep me posted though, I hope it all works out!
I would be fine with a “pre-made” one but my niece doesn’t really like cake so I was hoping for something a little different. I’m not going to give up hope just yet though!!
Thanks & I’ll let you know what happens!!

FlaggNL

So 15 days and counting down for you! Congrats and enjoy the final pre feelings..... we have a little longer but also almost there (62 and counting down)

mlegerto

Original Poster
I would be fine with a “pre-made” one but my niece doesn’t really like cake so I was hoping for something a little different. I’m not going to give up hope just yet though!!
Thanks & I’ll let you know what happens!!

Update for you...I finally got a response email late Friday night confirming that everything was a go and no change to the price. I hope you heard back over the weekend too!

So 15 days and counting down for you! Congrats and enjoy the final pre feelings..... we have a little longer but also almost there (62 and counting down)

Down to 12 days now! This is always such an exciting part of traveling/vacationing...the lead up. It is also the time when I start to feel bad for leaving my furbabies behind and getting worried about their care!

Update for everyone. I checked on car rental prices and I was able to modify our rental (same company, same car, just re-booked as we are closer to the date) which ended up saving us $42 USD. I also decided to cancel our Ohana's breakfast and allow someone else to grab the ADR - this means a nice relaxing morning awaits us!

riverside

Premium Member
I got a call Saturday evening. I ordered a glass slipper that I think has some kind of mousse in it with fruit on it. I was working when she called so I was having a hard time focusing. Tomorrow at this time it should be at our table!!

mlegerto

Original Poster
I got a call Saturday evening. I ordered a glass slipper that I think has some kind of mousse in it with fruit on it. I was working when she called so I was having a hard time focusing. Tomorrow at this time it should be at our table!!

Pheeeeeew! I'm glad someone finally got in contact with you. I hope you have an amazing dinner tonight! Send photos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom