Pre-Trip A 21st and a first timer! Pre trip report!

Hi guys, I have been on this site for a while but usually I am just a lurker and don't post much! I thought I would try a trip report for this Disney visit, try being the key word. So for those of you who don't know me (most of you) my name is Laura, I'm 20 and live in the UK. This will be my 5th visit to Disney World but have always been with my parents, this trip is just with my boyfriend! We booked this pretty much after I came back last May for the exact same dates this year!
My boyfriend (Reece) has always wanted to go Disney since he was a child, however it never appealed to his family so never got to go. He was amazed when he met me and after I got back from my last visit he was adamant we had to book a trip asap.

Dates: May 8th till 22 May 2018 (67 days left!!)

Travelling from Manchester 10am flight to Orlando with Virgin Atlantic. No need to mention the flight home just yet, that's irrelevant :angelic:.

Who: As I already covered me (chief planner) I also just quit my crappy job to start my own business in Eyelash extensions. I was truly miserable and have a fair amount going on in my personal life, I care a lot for my Nana who has dementia and I also suffer with Lymes Disease (bitten in Kent 2 years ago, didn't take treatment as made me sick and now I'm paying the price, listen to the doctors kids.) Unfortunately my job was making dealing with these conditions ten times worse, I worked for a government department however our contract ended and we all got moved onto a new one that essentially involved cold calling small businesses. I couldn't do it and couldn't handle the micro managing such as writing on a board how long each employee has been toilet and so on and so forth. After 3 weeks off with pleurisy I went back for a week and I was crying every morning at the thought of going back, they didn't care about any employees I couldn't even take a minute to take my medication without getting a warning. With the support from my family and boyfriend I walked out and never looked back. I start my eyelash course this month and have a few potential clients so I'm truly hoping the future is much brighter :) I also just started treatment again for Lymes after months of doctors appointments so things really are looking up.

Reece is 21 and an engineer, we don't live together but only 10 minutes away from each other. Planning this trip has been difficult as he doesn't have a clue as he's never been and doesn't understand much with the fastpasses and such, even though he does try to understand. Also he works nights so doesn't leave much time to plan!

reecechrist.jpg

This is probably the fanciest our photos get.

jp.jpg

Yes that is a Jurassic Park T shirt and yes we do have matching ones and YES I do have every intention to wear them out together.

Where: We originally had AoA booked, I've dreamt a lot of the little mermaid rooms :inlove: but after the free QS dining plan deal came out for moderate resorts we upgraded to Caribbean Beach. We are fully aware of the construction, not something we are concerned about as we have no plans to even eat breakfast there. Just somewhere to sleep and the occasional dip in the pool. I've never actually stayed on property, always International Drive so this will be a first for me!

Why: Of course Reece had ants in his pants to get to Disney and he's been like a child ever since we booked, he's a massive star wars fan much to my dismay (don't judge me). He dragged me to go see Rogue something?? The new one anyway and I literally went the bathroom and just stood there for 10 minutes to pass some time. I hoenstly didn't think it was ever going to end.

It's also my 21st birthday over there! I have changed my plans so much for what I want to do for the day and have booked and cancelled way too many ADR's but I've decided now just sticking with Magic kingdom and a quick shoot over to Epcot for Via Napoli as I have some lovely meals booked for when I'm home with family and friends. I spent my 20th in Magic Kingdom and just being there is more special than anything else I could possibly do.

I can book Fastpass in 9 days and I pretty much have a good idea of what I'm booking. The majority of our days we are spending morning in one park, hotel for rest and another park in the evening/night. Reece really doesn't do that well in heat even though he's adamant he'll be fine I think the best option is to try and relax through the hottest hours in the day. I've found on past visits between 1-3pm I'm no good to anyone and just drag myself around and become really un productive.

I will post tomorrow some of our plans, we aren't sure yet if we are getting the universal 14 days or just the one day. Reece is still deciding whether worth hiring a car or not so I think that's mainly going to depend on what Universal ticket we buy. I've always had the 14 day and had 3/4 visits per trip so really couldn't Imagine trying it all in one day... We will have to see.

If anyone wants to add my social media that's where most of my holiday pics and updates will be if you want to follow along!
Snapchat: laurarosemorgan
Instagram: lauramorgan0800

If you got this far...congratulations. Here was me worrying I would have nothing to say :joyfull:

*edit*
Just found this picture of me from Christmas in all my glory. Move out the way peasants.
F9E5383C-A894-481B-9775-3356A9E5710F.jpeg
reecechrist.jpgjp.jpgF9E5383C-A894-481B-9775-3356A9E5710F.jpeg

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

Does anyone know chances of getting space mountain fast pass on the day? I chose SDMT as it’s harder to get but has anyone ever seen space mountain availability on the day?
If you have the app on your phone, you can easily get Space Mountain on the day, particularly during your dates. The summer crowd won’t be in full swing yet. Just keep checking the app in the morning and they’ll either be a slot available or a cancellation that you can find.

I’ve gotten Flight of Passage in the day. People cancel all the time. Space Mountain has been down a lot lately, so the Fast Pass line can be pretty long as well, just a heads up. Have a great trip.

LauraRose

Original Poster
If you have the app on your phone, you can easily get Space Mountain on the day, particularly during your dates. The summer crowd won’t be in full swing yet. Just keep checking the app in the morning and they’ll either be a slot available or a cancellation that you can find.

I’ve gotten Flight of Passage in the day. People cancel all the time. Space Mountain has been down a lot lately, so the Fast Pass line can be pretty long as well, just a heads up. Have a great trip.

Fab I’ll keep a look out, thank you!!

*Flynnderella*

Oh really! I’m always amazed watching videos on YouTube and seeing people on the park same time as me haha!

On our plane going we kept bumping into this couple and we later passed them in it’s a small world que and my dad shouted ‘YOU WERE ON OUR PLANE!’ Safe to say they looked freaked out and we spent the plane home avoiding them! :banghead:

How did I miss this reply?! :rolleyes: I’m useless!! That’s so funny 😁

Just seen that you’re there so have a fab time!!

Chef Mickey

Is the cold you’re dealing with at least better? Read another post where you said the rain has been bad the last 3 days. Did it rain all day and night? That’s unusual.

Was the weather ok your first few days?

I’m sure it will improve or at least not rain ALL day.

LauraRose

Original Poster
Is the cold you’re dealing with at least better? Read another post where you said the rain has been bad the last 3 days. Did it rain all day and night? That’s unusual.

Was the weather ok your first few days?

I’m sure it will improve or at least not rain ALL day.

My cold is gone thank heavens! The weather was great up until Saturday. And it’s rained most of the days since, we had a bit of dryness yesterday evening but then went back to rain however was only light. They is a storm from the Gulf of Mexico so it’s passing us, the weather is due to stay like this until the day I land back home!

Chef Mickey

My cold is gone thank heavens! The weather was great up until Saturday. And it’s rained most of the days since, we had a bit of dryness yesterday evening but then went back to rain however was only light. They is a storm from the Gulf of Mexico so it’s passing us, the weather is due to stay like this until the day I land back home!
That’s too bad, but you’ll likely get a few breaks from the rain. A day at Disney with rain is still better than a sunny day just about anywhere else.

Chef Mickey

Settled a lot. Past few days been hot and sunny then a short shower and usually a heavier shower in evening, like now it’s half 8 and we’ve had storms predicted but it hasn’t been bad. Way better than what it was
So good to hear. I told you it wouldn’t continue the entire time! Have a great rest of the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom