Hurricane Milton coming to FL

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
+
Its not going any further north with that stationary front across Gainsville/Jacksonville.

1728495839151.png

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I'm curious, do you know how much Disney charged them and where they stayed? I was wondering what the discounted hurricane rates were. At least, I HOPE Disney is discounting room rates for people trying to escape.
For guests who need to extend their stay due to hurricane I‘ve heard 25% discount Is standard.

celluloid

Zone A homes of Gulf Coast have water reaching their homes now. Storm is not even here yet beyond these first bands. That rainy four day cell did not do any favors.

wendysmom

I have friends in Sanford and in Palatka who were unable to evacuate. I'm worried...but really can't tell from the latest info how safe they are. Anyone know this area?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WESH guy just gave his opinion that it's moving more north than the NHC track thinks.

On the other hand, apparently rapidly weakening. Possibly faster than projected.
It’s at 145…the strongest storm ever teed up to impact central Florida

…where are you getting your weather from? Does Bob Iger have a weather channel where he lies to dusters too?

JohnD

I have friends in Sanford and in Palatka who were unable to evacuate. I'm worried...but really can't tell from the latest info how safe they are. Anyone know this area?
Palatka is in eastern Putnum County near the St. Johns River just south of Duval (Jacksonville) and Clay Counties.

CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS: - A Storm Surge Warning and Hurricane Warning are in effect for Coastal Flagler, Coastal St. Johns, Eastern Putnam, and Inland St. Johns - A Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning, and Hurricane Watch are in effect for Coastal Duval, Coastal Nassau, Eastern Clay, and South Central Duval - A Tropical Storm Warning and Hurricane Watch are in effect for Inland Nassau, Trout River, Western Clay, and Western Duval - A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Central Marion, Eastern Marion, Inland Flagler, Western Marion, and Western Putnam - A Storm Surge Warning and Tropical Storm Warning are in effect for Coastal Camden and Coastal Glynn - A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Baker, Bradford, Eastern Alachua, Gilchrist, Northern Columbia, Southeastern Columbia, Southwestern Columbia, Suwannee, Union, and Western Alachua - A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Brantley, Inland Camden, Inland Glynn, Northeastern Charlton, Wayne, and Western Charlton

Sanford is south of DeLand, FL and north of Orlando. That puts it more in the central area of the storm.

1728497470808.png

ronsouth1

just a heads up a few years back my wife and i arrived right before a hurricane hit and disney decided to close. we cut our trip short and after almost 3 hours on the phone with the airline we were able to fly out before it hit. my point is later they refunded a pro rated portion of the disney world costs. hope this helps for those who cut their trips short.

LSLS

2:00 update has dropped it to 130 mph winds. It won't help those on the coast, but hopefully it continues to drop for everyone not in flood zones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom