News Lou the manatee and three dolphins being relocated from EPCOT

celluloid

Rescued dolphins are a separate matter. The vast majority of animals in captivity (including dolphins) aren’t rescues. The days of dolphins and whales being captured and bred purely for human entertainment are thankfully numbered—and the industry itself has acknowledged as much.

Yep. Now it is for inspiration and conservation as a focus that were not well known before. But your grandkids(or someone their age) will have the opportunity to see these creatures in similar locations.

celluloid

No-one is suggesting they should be released into the wild; that would be impossible. The sanctuary isn’t meant as a prototype for future forms of captivity; it’s essentially a retirement home for a final generation of captive dolphins. Even SeaWorld announced in 2016 that the current generation of orcas in their parks would be their last. When the industry itself has acknowledged its own obsolescence, there isn’t much room for debate.
There are many things not true about this. There will be MMPA rescues and needs at many other facilities. Thankfully, the Dolphins in Captivity have provided great help to rescue the ones in need.

LittleBuford

Why? What's wrong with seeing Dolphin's rescued /in rehabilitation sanctuary if the money of admission helps support the care, education and rescues?
I may have misunderstood what you meant by “similar locations”. I obviously have no issue with true sanctuaries. And if they can be visited without causing distress to the animals, I have no problem with that either.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Lowry, Cincinatti or Sea World Orlando.
1726019620419.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom