News Villains Land Announced for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Schmidt

The piston peak, natural park, that they are trying to achieve would most definitely not fit the theme of Dhs.
Hollywood studios is just a different park with no real theme at this point.
With its recent additions of independent lands such as Star Wars, Toy Story, and soon Monsters, I could see a 4th land working well on the other side of the park and could bring balance. The approach could be similar to Epic Universe.

With that said I think it can work well in MK too. I would prefer that they don’t touch the river though.

MickeyLuv'r

Oh let me clarify, I love Rise, just not Cosmic Rewind, there's like three pre show rooms before you actually get on the ride. And it's not like its actually useful information like Rise. There's no reason to have two different preshow rooms. I don't know why they didn't just combine the first and second rooms into the third rooms cause there's no reason it can't be, the second room is just Glenn Close on a screen which can easily been done in the other one.
I'm the reverse. Rise is boring. I strongly dislike Kylo- Ren. The preshow in the shuttle is just too fake looking for me.

GoG has a coaster, fun music, humor, and variability.

Continuing the idea of hybrids seems to be where theme parks are going, and it is okay, so long as they don't make the ride-hybrids too long.

MickeyLuv'r

Hollywood studios is just a different park with no real theme at this point.
With its recent additions of independent lands such as Star Wars, Toy Story, and soon Monsters, I could see a 4th land working well on the other side of the park and could bring balance. The approach could be similar to Epic Universe.

With that said I think it can work well in MK too. I would prefer that they don’t touch the river though.
Still, IMO HS desperately needs more attractions with the way Disney now sells ride access passes. Touring HS is currently a broken system. It needs a lot more rides that are mid-level fun with minimal waits.

ednamodedarling

I am rooting for Lady Tremaine's Mansion to be in this land ... cut from the previous new fantasyland expansion. Would love a meet & greet with the stepfamily in their home. Also just makes sense to me with Cinderella's Castle being to centerpiece of the park.

Fido Chuckwagon

I think the second ride in this land has to be a trackless dark ride. Magic Kingdom is the last WDW park without a ride using the trackless system and it'll really add some diversity to MK's lineup. A trackless ride version of a Fantasmic-type story is the best case scenario IMO
Am I going crazy and forgetting a trackless dark ride that exists at AK?

MouseEarsMom33

There was a rumor that Encanto would be one but that may be inaccurate.
Yeah, it keeps changing from trackless like mystic manor, omnimover, or a boat ride (I'm not an insider, just me reading the various rumors). I wouldn't be surprised if it started as trackless, but they reduced the budget since they are funding a lot of different projects over next 5 years.

AidenRodriguez731

Yeah, it keeps changing from trackless like mystic manor, omnimover, or a boat ride (I'm not an insider, just me reading the various rumors). I wouldn't be surprised if it started as trackless, but they reduced the budget since they are funding a lot of different projects over next 5 years.
Honestly it’s probably better off that it’s not a trackless. I would prefer a very very stable system for new expansions to AK. MK can afford to have a ride down (well not as much now that Tiana is down for half the day every day) but you get my point. I kinda miss when every ride didn’t have to be the next big thing. Toy Story Land could be filled with some flat rides and better pull people away from other parts of the park. I also wouldn’t mind a very simple Star Wars ride or a redo of Bugs Land brought to AK

Bocabear

I wonder if the Haunted mansion restaurant is now more likely with the river getting filled in and boarding the villains land?
They would certainly have the space for it...though I am not sure the current team could pull it off with all of the other things they are going to be doing... While I would dearly love a well done HM restaurant.....I would hate a poorly done or value engineered version....Current plans seem already underbaked and overly ambitious

bmr1591

Anyone think MNSSHP will change once the Villains Land comes? Not saying it'll go away, but maybe there'll be some new entertainment and activities with that whole area giving a darker opportunity for a Mickey's Kinda Scary Halloween Party.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Anyone think MNSSHP will change once the Villains Land comes? Not saying it'll go away, but maybe there'll be some new entertainment and activities with that whole area giving a darker opportunity for a Mickey's Kinda Scary Halloween Party.
I guarantee you it's not going away. In fact, the building of this land probably means it's stuck there forever now. How will it change? Honestly I have no clue but it will change in the fact that the price will dramatically go up!

Stupido

Woof. The stuff I've heard about Encanto at DAK lately.

I mean uhhh, villains!

What Do You Mean Jennifer Lawrence GIF by First We Feast

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom