News New Spaceship Earth Lounge Coming to EPCOT

Figments Friend

This seems to be a plus, considering the space is not really used and was originally planned to be demoed.
Looks nice, and I am sure it will be popular with the barfly crowd.

But yeah, I have to agree it would be nice to see the money being allotted to do this refresh be used elsewhere.
Spaceship Earth needs that retrack after all….

-

DreamfinderGuy

Mixed emotions for me, I always thought this would be the most likely place for DVC to relocate to should they vacate Imagination. That's definitely not in the cards anymore. I guess there's plenty of other vacant lounges at EPCOT they can pick from for another DVC area though.

I feel like this is also a good indicator that they're not seeking another sponsor for SSE, the lounge would've been a large selling point that they can't really use anymore. I never thought they were, but this is another nail in that coffin.

Bocabear

I wonder if they will eventually just shutter Imagination completely and relandscape the walkways to hide it like Wonders Of Life....after a few years people will begin to forget there was ever a pavilion there.....

yensid1967

Better than nothing, my hope is that Epcot returns to focus in the latter part of the decade (2028-30).
In order to do this, they would have to get back to the EDUTAINMENT aspect of the park! The current reimagining of the park that took TOO LONG (for trees) looks hideous and nothing special! The one thing I wish they would bring back for the holidays is, THE LIGHTS OF WINTER! They added a nice transition between Future World and World Showcase. But Disney took them down and said they were OBSOLETE! Seems to be that if they get rid of something that is not making money, it's obsolete! THIS IS DISNEY, NOTHING SHOULD BE OBSOLETE! Just like the BEST parade of all, SPECTROMAGIC became OBSOLETE! and they DESTROYED the floats! But yet somehow, the Electrical Light Parade is just fine and NOT obsolete, even though it was an original to Disneyland in 1971! They update ELP all the time, so why not update Spectromagic! WDW has never seen PAINT THE NIGHT, but that's gone too! But MK IS getting a new nighttime parade-FIANLLLY! All they had to do instead of building a new parade is bring PAINT THE NIGHT to MK! (that may win over Spectro fans)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They could have put the lounge someplace else...

1723864099561.png

Beacon Joe

I wonder if they will eventually just shutter Imagination completely and relandscape the walkways to hide it like Wonders Of Life....after a few years people will begin to forget there was ever a pavilion there.....

Honestly, since I never liked Figment or the OG Imagination pavilion, I had pretty much forgotten Imagination existed until one day ~ 15-20 years ago when somebody told me that its bathrooms were relatively empty and clean.

Andrew25

This is an area that for the most part was never accessible to Guests, so I’ll take this small win in added capacity, same with whatever the thing in Canada is going to be being open for the first time in 20 years. Now if they could just figure out WoL.
Agree - Epcot has become the hangout park for locals, so might as well take advantage and create areas that can take people away from the WS walkways. Future World has a lot of potential for nighttime experiences, they just haven't invested properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom