News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sneaky

I say KEEP IT, as its an attraction its part of the capacity of the park. Removing it just subtracts capacity.
True. It’s exterior is kidna a relic of the “studio within a studio” part tho, with the half stuff. Maybe update it,make all the stuff whole? In my mind I always thought it gets replaced with a similar high capacity ride. I would 100% be down with star tours and muppets living in harmony as DHS’s “classic” rides with tower. Maybe make it fit into grand avenue, build an indoor space where the outdoor space was, like Tokyo?

Brer Panther

Do you like Zootopia?
I thought that was just a joke. Are they actually considering that?
It was a great move
I agree it's a good movie, but if they're putting it in the Tree of Life, I don't think it needs a whole land over in Hollywood Studios.

Mind you, I don't think we need a Little Mermaid show in Hollywood Studios AND a Little Mermaid dark ride in the Magic Kingdom either, so what do I know?

The Leader of the Club

The real question is: if they don’t intend on expanding SWGE to connect star tours, than why is it around other than to promote stuff? I do feel like Star tours kinda is gonna go eventually, even thought I like it.
Star Tours is interesting for many reasons. It’s the easiest ride to use as a promotion for new Star Wars content since it is in DLR, WDW, DLP, and TDR and it’s relatively easy to add new sequences.
It’s also currently the only attraction where guests can see beloved characters like Darth Vader, Princess Leia, or the Mandalorian. Until Disney finds a way to add these characters to Galaxy’s Edge, I think Star Tours has a home.
Studios ALSO has much bigger fish to fry in terms of replacements. Animation Courtyard is ripe for replacement (either Monsters or something else entirely). RnRC is getting more dated every day. Beauty and Indy aren’t the draws they once were, especially with those franchises represented in other parks. I think that’ll keep Star Tours around for a while longer.
The only way I see Star Tours disappearing is if Disney needs a cheap easy overlay and they can clone something for some of the other Star Tours around the world. Basically I think Disneyland’s Tomorrowland revamp is our best chance at seeing Star Tours replaced.

Sneaky

Star Tours is interesting for many reasons. It’s the easiest ride to use as a promotion for new Star Wars content since it is in DLR, WDW, DLP, and TDR and it’s relatively easy to add new sequences.
It’s also currently the only attraction where guests can see beloved characters like Darth Vader, Princess Leia, or the Mandalorian. Until Disney finds a way to add these characters to Galaxy’s Edge, I think Star Tours has a home.
Studios ALSO has much bigger fish to fry in terms of replacements. Animation Courtyard is ripe for replacement (either Monsters or something else entirely). RnRC is getting more dated every day. Beauty and Indy aren’t the draws they once were, especially with those franchises represented in other parks. I think that’ll keep Star Tours around for a while longer.
The only way I see Star Tours disappearing is if Disney needs a cheap easy overlay and they can clone something for some of the other Star Tours around the world. Basically I think Disneyland’s Tomorrowland revamp is our best chance at seeing Star Tours replaced.
That is true. DHS always has bigger fish to fry, and star tours and muppets are two park institutions that have much needed capacity, and history at a park that has is the ship of thesus of wdw. It’s also just pure fun, and easily changeable. I do hope Disney isn’t blinded by “expand and replace” and allows them to be the parks supporting cast.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I thought that was just a joke. Are they actually considering that?
It was considered in the past, yes. Who knows now. I think parking it in DHS is still the top contender. Definitely the fan favorite at the moment but what fans what and what Disney wants are two very different things. Could you imagine Zootopia in the Land Pavilion? Crazy to think.

doctornick

I agree it's a good movie, but if they're putting it in the Tree of Life, I don't think it needs a whole land over in Hollywood Studios.

Mind you, I don't think we need a Little Mermaid show in Hollywood Studios AND a Little Mermaid dark ride in the Magic Kingdom either, so what do I know?

If I had my way, I would not put it in the ToL - ITTBAB is great and doesn't need to be changed - and would just put a land at DHS. I think Zootopia actually is a good choice for a well fleshed out single IP land, but it needs to be in the correct park (which would be DHS and definitely not DAK).

Whatever DHS gets after Monsters Inc though should be something with multiple attractions. The park desperately needs smaller things that aren't scheduled shows to "round things out".

UNCgolf

I am one of those who is firmly against Zootopia in DAK (but alas...) but I don't really understand the general negative feelings towards the property on these boards. It was a great move and even has had some solid follow up stuff (shorts on D+) plus has a second film coming out. I'd love to see the property brought to WDW... in the right place and in the right manner. Putting it in DHS is the right location, though I'd want to see something more expansive than just the ride in Shanghai. DHS would need a land with 3 attractions IMHO.

I think this is the issue more than Zootopia itself -- while I don't care about Zootopia as an IP, I'd have no problem with it going into DHS. The Shanghai ride looks mediocre, though, and it's hard to imagine they'd design a completely new attraction when they could just reuse that one. I think most people are not especially enthusiastic about that ride or the idea of it coming to WDW over something else.

Mr. Sullivan

might I introduce you to the reimagined EPCOT?
I gotta echo @ToTBellHop

I don’t think what they’ve done to EPCOT (bar CommuniCore Hall) is ugly, it just is a very mostly nondescript modernist design. I rather like the trees and garden. I also can’t say that area of EPCOT was a visual marvel to start with (the awnings were especially unsightly). Less an ugly downgrde more a lateral movement with some small patches of improvement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why is Monsters not being considered as a Rockin replacement????
1. It violates the law of "don't replace, add," albeit that's just a fan law that Disney doesn't care about.

2. It *could* replace RnRC if and only if you remove the existing track. Monsters is a hanging coaster and the RnRC track is incompatible with that.

I'm sorry for veering off topic and talking about Monstropolis.

doctornick

Why is Monsters not being considered as a Rockin replacement????

That's an even worse idea than it replacing MV. Also, wouldn't really make any sense as the door coaster concept if a completely different roller coaster design than RNR so would basically mean just tearing it out and completely replacing which would defeat the purpose of using RNR. Nothing wrong with RNR's ride system that would warrant tearing it out.

That being said, insiders have hinted that RNR is getting an Incredibles theme at some point down the road.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I say we KEEP Rockin and ADD Monsters in the UNUSED Launch bay resulting in an ADDITIONAL attraction instead of the DESTRUCTION AND RETHEME of an EXISTING attraction.
Agreed.

I dont know why everyone consistently thinks I am against common sense logic.

But Disney has moved past common since so I'm just trying to think of solutions in Disney's head that would keep muppets. And with Rockin's consistent maintenance problems and downtime, and it already having the big coaster building, I thought it'd make sense.

Who's to say we couldnt get something ELSE new in Launch Bay???

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That's an even worse idea than it replacing MV.
No its not.
Also, wouldn't really make any sense as the door coaster concept if a completely different roller coaster design than RNR so would basically mean just tearing it out and completely replacing which would defeat the purpose of using RNR.
i wasnt looking for a re skin.
Nothing wrong with RNR's ride system that would warrant tearing it out.
i'd think otherwise with how often its down.
That being said, insiders have hinted that RNR is getting an Incredibles theme at some point down the road.
Interesting.

celluloid

It is interesting, from a marketing perspective a huge benefit to this push in timeline has been for SEO with Monsters at Universal. So when monsters theme park land is searched. You will see The Search engine results of Monsters Inc Land at WDW in the mix

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
That's an even worse idea than it replacing MV. Also, wouldn't really make any sense as the door coaster concept if a completely different roller coaster design than RNR so would basically mean just tearing it out and completely replacing which would defeat the purpose of using RNR. Nothing wrong with RNR's ride system that would warrant tearing it out.

Where's the Incredibles rumor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom