News Tropical Storm Debby Possible Impacts to WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
While not surprising, Typhoon Lagoon does appear to be closed today.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 10.50.42 AM.png

Smiley/OCD

And when houses and condos are wiped out, some residents come back and rebuild in the same waterfront location.
Yes, and look for a government bailout when they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) buy enough insurance and then have the unmitigated gall to sue the state and the feds when they want to take some beachfront to build sand dunes to protect them from the flooding…
“But it’ll ruin my view!”
It happened MULTIPLE times here up and down the Jersey shore

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
If I wasn’t stuck on zoom meetings all day, I’d totally be in the parks. I bet they are empty.

Bocabear

Yes, and look for a government bailout when they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) buy enough insurance and then have the unmitigated gall to sue the state and the feds when they want to take some beachfront to build sand dunes to protect them from the flooding…
“But it’ll ruin my view!”
It happened MULTIPLE times here up and down the Jersey shore
In Florida it is a problem with getting insurance... Our rates are crazy...and we are not waterfront. my small 2 bedroom non waterfont house insurance is over 10k

Lilofan

In Florida it is a problem with getting insurance... Our rates are crazy...and we are not waterfront. my small 2 bedroom non waterfont house insurance is over 10k
Getting insurance is one thing if your home can pass the 4 point inspection by the independent home inspector. If not get ready to make repairs $$$ to pass inspection. State Farm BTW will no longer insure homes that are more than 30 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom