Wilderness Lodge/Ft Wilderness Permit

SpectroMagician

The fact that they have not added the Wilderness Lodge to the Monorail is absurd. It would not be difficult to do, and it would increase the value of the resort a ton to not have to use so many boats. They could even leave the existing track there for the express monorail to use.

1722612921976.png

trainplane3

The fact that they have not added the Wilderness Lodge to the Monorail is absurd. It would not be difficult to do, and it would increase the value of the resort a ton to not have to use so many boats. They could even leave the existing track there for the express monorail to use.

View attachment 806047
I used to want that but over time I've grown to really appreciate how disconnected the resort felt. You're still only a 10 minute bus or 15 minute boat ride to MK.

peter11435

View attachment 806047
That would cost a lot more than you realize and require the MK resort monorail to be shut down for a significant period of time to accommodate construction.

Ayla

That would cost a lot more than you realize and require the MK resort monorail to be shut down for a significant period of time to accommodate construction.
I don't see why it would. The monorail could continue on its current track while the new one is built and then shut down for the switch over.

dmc493

Regardless of how long a shutdown period would take to integrate new track and a station, there's no way they're interested in spending that kind of money for minimal benefit anytime soon. Yes it would be cool, but the resort's been open for 30 years and I'd wager "difficulty getting to MK" is not high on the complaint list for guests.

Cool idea. Ain't gonna happen.

Ayla

Regardless of how long a shutdown period would take to integrate new track and a station, there's no way they're interested in spending that kind of money for minimal benefit anytime soon. Yes it would be cool, but the resort's been open for 30 years and I'd wager "difficulty getting to MK" is not high on the complaint list for guests.

Cool idea. Ain't gonna happen.
Agreed.

peter11435

I don't see why it would. The monorail could continue on its current track while the new one is built and then shut down for the switch over.
It wouldn’t have to shut down for the entire construction, but for the connection itself it would and it would take far longer than they would be willing to shut down the monorail system.

And again… it would cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Biff215

It wouldn’t have to shut down for the entire construction, but for the connection itself it would and it would take far longer than they would be willing to shut down the monorail system.

And again… it would cost a ridiculous amount of money.
Yep, easier and cheaper to just keep converting those unoccupied hotel rooms to DVC units.

Sad to see this happening to a great resort, and I’ve been a DVC owner close to 20 years.

mattpeto

I want to see a new skyliner run to BBTM for a 2nd entrance at MK. Not sure if a River Country extension makes sense though.

Or one at AKL-AK-BB-CS please.

DisnEdely

Another issue with the Monorail to Wilderness lodge is the resort line is the inside loop of the two lines. You either put WL on the TTC to MK express line or spend the money to cross-cross lines.

Phicinfan

I want to see a new skyliner run to BBTM for a 2nd entrance at MK. Not sure if a River Country extension makes sense though.

Or one at AKL-AK-BB-CS please.
No, not skyliner it is too easily effected by weather. Some kind of new train/tram that would connect MK to WL, FW and Reflections. Potentially expanding back to TTC

Disstevefan1

View attachment 806047
Cool idea, but WDW will never, I repeat, never add one inch to the current WDW monorail line because money.

C33Mom

Yep, easier and cheaper to just keep converting those unoccupied hotel rooms to DVC units.

Sad to see this happening to a great resort, and I’ve been a DVC owner close to 20 years.
While I personally want Disney to stop building DVC and start building rides (and I’m a DVC owner also), I actually think continuing to add excess WL rooms to DVC (for profit!) while keeping the character of the resort is FAR better than the monorail idea which (a) would suck a ton of money that could be spent on other attractions and (b) only benefit a small fraction of WDW guests/DVC owners, while also creating a lot of headaches for the people staying there (pool hoppers, more crowds at quick service, etc.).

Thelazer

Cool idea, but WDW will never, I repeat, never add one inch to the current WDW monorail line because money.
Honestly I can't figure out why it costs so much. It's very low tech to install a beam. Some steel rebar, strengthened concrete and then digging holes and putting in steel rails on the sides for power. The skyliner has more moving parts.

Disstevefan1

Honestly I can't figure out why it costs so much. It's very low tech to install a beam. Some steel rebar, strengthened concrete and then digging holes and putting in steel rails on the sides for power. The skyliner has more moving parts.
I love the monorail and I would prefer it to the Skyliner, but apparently the cost of those beams are significantly more per mile VS. the Skyliner.

Frankly, I am surprised we got the Skyliner.

Biff215

While I personally want Disney to stop building DVC and start building rides (and I’m a DVC owner also), I actually think continuing to add excess WL rooms to DVC (for profit!) while keeping the character of the resort is FAR better than the monorail idea which (a) would suck a ton of money that could be spent on other attractions and (b) only benefit a small fraction of WDW guests/DVC owners, while also creating a lot of headaches for the people staying there (pool hoppers, more crowds at quick service, etc.).
I agree and wasn’t actually suggesting that Disney should expand the monorail. If their cash resort room prices weren’t so out of control, they might actually be able to keep them filled. DVC is the easy way out and will have an interesting effect once those contracts expire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom