News Jungle Cruise closing for refurbishment in late August

Gusey

Happy we will be able to jingle all the way but that could make for a rough October if Big Thunder is also closed.
Got a feeling they won't close Big Thunder until this is done, just based on them both being Tier 1 Lightning Lane Multipass (LLMP?) attractions. It would only leave Space, TBA and Peter Pan

ToTBellHop

Got a feeling they won't close Big Thunder until this is done, just based on them both being Tier 1 Lightning Lane Multipass (LLMP?) attractions. It would only leave Space, TBA and Peter Pan
Same, but I then doubt they’d choose to close BTMRR in early November. Perhaps they’ll just push it out to January 2025 when it was originally planned.

bwr827

Crossing my fingers for Big Thunder being available in December. It’s my family’s #1 ride at Magic Kingdom.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a new statement from Walt Disney World on the Jungle Cruise refurbishment:

Beginning August 26, 2024, Jungle Cruise will temporarily close for refurbishment. The attraction is scheduled to reopen for Guests before the winter holidays begin at Walt Disney World.
So... Aug 26 to Nov 7 at the latest.

Purduevian

I would guess they would bump 1 of HM or Pirates into Tier 1 if they had both closed at the same time.

JohnD

Here's a new statement from Walt Disney World on the Jungle Cruise refurbishment:

Beginning August 26, 2024, Jungle Cruise will temporarily close for refurbishment. The attraction is scheduled to reopen for Guests before the winter holidays begin at Walt Disney World.
So, while technically no thematic changes to the "regular" version, its reasonable to assume that when it re-opens, it could re-open directly as Jingle Cruise for the holiday season. ("before the winter holidays begin").

Disstevefan1

The longer they put it off the more likely that something goes catastrophically wrong, including but not limited to someone getting hurt. It’s not like they have a spotless safety record with other BTMRR’s as it is…
I want to think they can still maintain things even when they are really old.

The WDW monorails are like 20 years past their lifespan?

Disstevefan1

Six years ago, Bob Gurr and insiders were telling of WDW buying new monorails.

Then that money got shunted into refurbishing what they had.
The current monorails were put into service in 1989, so these are in service 35 years and counting.

The previous version ran 1971 to 1991 (so there was overlap I guess?) so that was 20 years.

I thought the intended lifespan was supposed to be 20 years, so our current monorail is not 20 years past their lifespan, they are only 15 years past their lifespan today.

I suspect they will not be replaced anytime soon, so they will hit the 20 year past due state in 5 years.

WDW monorails by 2030:
1721155714190.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom